[REPORTED]AI Bug - taxiing / takeoff

Caucus Anapa. It was a B1 bomber that was at the start of the runway at 45 degrees, and had F14's behind him, all AI, and I was in the far rear. I put it behind the F14's and it worked - although there were still about 5 B1's that sucessfully took off before the F14's.

I had this happening, too, in PG, Al Dhafra (Broken Cauldron AV-8B free campaign), a flight of F/A-18C stuck on the runway blocking everyone else. I tried to deconflict take-off times or to erase one group, but it didn't matter, whoever gets to align on the runway first, just sits there. Then, and I'm not sure if it's the same bug, in an F-14 campaign (Earnest Will, Supercarrier version), I had my wingman lined up behind me on cat 1, after I launched he hooked to the catapult and remained there for something like 20 minutes, before launching.

I have tacview tracks for all of the above (last one is pretty big, since I played the mission anyway), let me know if you want them, otherwise I'll try to take some DCS track of the first mission (it happens at the beginning, so tracks should be short enough to post and not be corrupted).

I have tacview tracks for all of the above (last one is pretty big, since I played the mission anyway), let me know if you want them, otherwise I'll try to take some DCS track of the first mission (it happens at the beginning, so tracks should be short enough to post and not be corrupted).
Yes please, attach your shortest tracks, so I can try and reproduce the issues. A short track is always better because, as you may already know, DCS tracks don't mirror exactly what AI units did on your computer, and it's even more true when tracks are long.

EDIT: I need DCS tracks by the way. Tacview tracks are only useful to prove something has really happened, and I believe you already. ;)

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Copy, Flappie, I'm still at work, when I get home I'll record a short track.

Meanwhile, if you feel like it, these are the campaigns I was talking about:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3307835/ Harrier campaign, the mission is mission 6, you just have to sit there a couple of minutes and wait for the AI flights to taxy to the runway.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3310481/ Tomcat campaign, mission 2, here you have to start up and start rolling, possibily launch from cat 1

Otherwise, you'll have the track in about four to five hours.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3307835/ Harrier campaign, the mission is mission 6, you just have to sit there a couple of minutes and wait for the AI flights to taxy to the runway.

OK, 100% reproducible on latest open beta. Thanks.

EDIT: AI only get stuck on 31L. When the wind goes the opposite way, they are able to take off from 13R.

EDIT2: tested on current stable, there is no such bug.

Al Dhafra_stuck.trk

Edited by Flappie

Very interesting! I saw Arco's behavior change with different departure time:

• 1st try : at night (1 January 2020, 0815), stuck in the final turn on the runway
  • 2nd try : broad daylight (1 January 2020, 0915), she doesn't miss the turn, but taxi on the runway, get back to where it came from, then went back to the runway, and so on and so forth...
  • 3rd try : at night (1 January 2020, 0815), stuck in the final turn on the runway (no change here)
  • 4th try : broad daylight (1 January 2020, 0915), stuck in the final turn on the runway (it gets even weirder)

Link to track

Link to track

Ditto here. Stock Dora cold start mission on the Channel map. The Doras next to mine never start taxiing. It affects all maps. All aircraft too. I had this issue on the supercarrier too with an uncontrolled S-3. It happens when there are lots of aircraft that want to take off from a given field/ ship.

Thanks! Hopefully Anapa is fixed soon. Sounds like this was an airfield problem and not a plane problem, unfortunately.

I can't reproduce your issue with B1-B at Anapa. I tried both directions with a trailing AI F-14B.