Pan/Select and jump to 3D map questions

PoorOldSpike

PAN/SELECT is not a button, just indicating that you are in that mode.

Editor and F10 map is 2D only (you can preview objects in the Loadout Tab, though).

To place a unit more precise you should activate the tank icon right of the PAN/SELECT indicator. This shows a top down view of the actual unit and helps placement and facing.

• Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Quite a while ago, trick is to hop from ME to 'prepare mission', option 'save changes' and load. F10 map mouse click on area where you're editing and do Ctrl-F11 for free camera there. Mouse wheel after click does pan and zoom, R_SHFT-/ & * are fast zoom. Regular slow zooms are too slow, but for very close. I had buttons on a separate input for all this. Fast Zoom is really fast, so you click real short. Remember what needs to be moved where, back to ME, reposition, repeat.

• Like 1

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• 2 weeks later...