Random F14 flyer, PLM does not show in HUD?

majapahit

According to manual and YT, Aim-9 sidewinder should 1. be in PLM mode when selected by Weapon selector switch, 2. can be switched to PLM by PLM button_Hold till target locked

does neither 1 nor 2,

1. weapon selector to "G" in HUD, nothing moving in the HUD but the Aim-9 noise appearing (cooling ON)

2. I see the TV move its cross click right once, goes back to center and stays there

other modes H/V/PAL work

? what am I missing

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

PLM has nothing to do with sidewinders. In PLM you place the target near the ADL and hold the button for lock. In gun mode the lock should be done automatically. Other than that I don't really get wat you are trying to say.

Jabbers video

You're supposed to see the figure 8 in the HUD in PLM? nothing

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

That's SEAM not PLM. And no, that behaviour was wrong and corrected since.

Yup, PLM doesn't move the radar at all, it stays fixed on the ADL. The Double-D pattern of SEAM is in the F-8 Crusader NATOPS from 1967 and seems to be a feature of Vietnam-era sidewinders.

Yep, that's right.

The several different modes and functions, available in the Tomcat (and others) for weapons employment can easily lead to misinterpretations.

What people do mix-up many times is:

PLM (Pilot Lockon Mode) - Radar lock mode

CAGE / SEAM - Sidewinder Seeker lock function

Boresight / Boresight SCAN - Sidewinder Seeker search modes

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB