[REPORTED] Oxygen Flow with Shut-Off Valve Closed

Mortisrose

The Oxygen flow and pressure indicator gauge is showing pressure with the main oxygen valve turned off (turned all the way clockwise) and the flow blinker automatically blinks (indicating respiration) when the wheels leave the ground. Conversely when the wheels touch the ground the flow indicator stops blinking and pressure remains, again with oxygen off.

• Thanks 1

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

Second track shows the lack of hypoxia with O2 turned off at high altitude, and pressure in cockpit with cockpit pressurization lever in closed position.

MiG-19 Oxygen.trk

MiG-19 Oxygen 2.trk

• Thanks 1

i7 7700k, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1080, 500 GB NVMe m.2 SSD, Trackir 3 Pro, Gunfighter Mk I w/MCG; Mod. TM Cougar throttle and Mod. CH Pro Pedals w/Pro Micro + MMjoy2, Nostromo n52

• 1 year later...

I had encountered that problem yesterday. After some testing (I thought, that maybe I did miss or swap some steps in cockpit pressurisation procedure), it turned out, that oxygen shut-off valve is in the open position during cold start. Rotating it clockwise closes oxygen supply, leaving the valve in default position makes high-altitude flights possible.