VPC throttle 4-way hat: how to disable simultaneous clicks i.e. diagonal direction?

RedX

Hi all,

I'm having a trouble where I often accidentally click an additional direction of a 4-way hat simultaneously when keeping the intended, original click pressed for an extended period of time (>1s). The switch is mechanically such that this happens very easily when not intended. Especially since the orientation of the 4-way hat changes slightly along with different throttle position so that my muscle memory has a bit more trouble than usual keeping track of the orientation.

How to programmatically prevent that from happening? So that when any of the 4-way hat directions are clicked, all three other directions (or the 2 nearest ones) turn inactive so that they do not work/give signal until the original 4-way hat click is released?

That way simultaneous / diagonal clicks of the 4-way hat would be prevented.

Currently the hat is configured as 4 buttons, not as a POV hat.

EDIT:

Found it but in such manner that the diagonal click turns off the original click i.e. there is no input when hat is in diagonal direction (Button page - ALPS decoding - mode pulldown list: 4W instead of 8W) .

I would like to have the original direction/click to stay on when simultaneously clicking the additional direction/diagonal direction until the original direction click is released. Does this make sense? Is this possible?

BR, RedX

Intel Core i7 9700K@4.6GHz|ASUS Strix Z390-H|G.Skill DDR4 32GB@3200MHz|MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti|2xSSD 500GB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 RAID0|SSD Samsung 850 EVO|Corsair HX 750W|Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout|UWQHD 34"|Valve Index|Logitech G9|MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000|VPC WarBRD Base+MongoosT-50CM2 Grip|VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle|VKB T-Rudder|Beyerdynamic DT770|Boom mic|Windows 10 Home