NEWS "RAFALE PACK EVOLUTION II" Version 2.8.7 August 2023 by the Cuesta Brothers Team

Salut les freres! I just wanted to say how incredible this plane is and how much fun I've had flying it over the last week or two since I discovered it! It is a pure joy to fly, so often I finish a mission with a giant grin on my face! I have modified most of the "stock" FA-18C missions to use the Rafale instead, it is super fun, especially the river run! Anyways, I am still learning, I just finished reading all 14 pages of this thread, and now that I know that there is a manual, I will be reading that next! 

Merci tres bien pour tous le travail que vous avez faites avec cette avion. Je veux vous remercier seulement en Francais, mais je suis debutant et tres lentement 😀

Thank you again, I can't wait to see what you come up with next! 

• Like 1

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

10 hours ago, Sandmonkee said:

Salut les freres! I just wanted to say how incredible this plane is and how much fun I've had flying it over the last week or two since I discovered it! It is a pure joy to fly, so often I finish a mission with a giant grin on my face! I have modified most of the "stock" FA-18C missions to use the Rafale instead, it is super fun, especially the river run! Anyways, I am still learning, I just finished reading all 14 pages of this thread, and now that I know that there is a manual, I will be reading that next! 

Merci tres bien pour tous le travail que vous avez faites avec cette avion. Je veux vous remercier seulement en Francais, mais je suis debutant et tres lentement 😀

Thank you again, I can't wait to see what you come up with next! 

This is what you tell us filled with satisfactions it is out of passion that we do this and we like to share it, especially with those who appreciate and report", "really what we do. So thank you Sandmonkee and good flight

Voilà  ce que vous nous dites nous remplis de satisfations c'est par passion que l'on fait cela et on aime la partager, surtout avec ceux qui apprécie et ce rendent compte

vraiment de ce que l'on fait. Donc merci Sandmonkee et bon vol

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Passion

On 1/28/2021 at 4:58 PM, irq11 said:

mod or offcial mirage F1 on MFS 2020 ? 🙂

Mirage F1 dans MFS 2020 ? c'est un mod ?

Oh i wish i knew how to export that cockpit to the brothers DCS F-1 MOD they updated i love this bird.

• Like 1

Good day gentlemen,

First of all I would like to congratulate you in your awesome work I love all your MOD's and is a great contribution to the community and to those who want to start in DCS they can learn with your MODS also now I got a question is it possible to have an update of this beautiful MOD because when I check on the version is still Nov 2020 and I follow this thread but with all due respect to the French folks here when I translate sometimes is a horrible translation and I see some LUA files or textures for addons for the Rafael that is kind of confusing and I don't want to break it I'm really not that much of a Computer Expert must of the time I just copy and paste hahahaha.

Any help is welcomed, thanks in advance take care and stay safe. 

On 3/22/2021 at 7:22 AM, MEBF109 said:

Good day gentlemen,

First of all I would like to congratulate you in your awesome work I love all your MOD's and is a great contribution to the community and to those who want to start in DCS they can learn with your MODS also now I got a question is it possible to have an update of this beautiful MOD because when I check on the version is still Nov 2020 and I follow this thread but with all due respect to the French folks here when I translate sometimes is a horrible translation and I see some LUA files or textures for addons for the Rafael that is kind of confusing and I don't want to break it I'm really not that much of a Computer Expert must of the time I just copy and paste hahahaha.

Any help is welcomed, thanks in advance take care and stay safe. 

Edited by Sandmonkee
I don't know how this got posted...

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

Hi there, I was hoping you might be able to help, I am having difficulty locking ship targets with the Rafale. I followed exactly the instructions in the armaments text document that comes with the mod. I am able to lock on to ground radar targets and launch the scalp and AGM88 no problem, but with ships, it will not work no matter what I try. The ships are all frigates, with radar. I can put the reticle over the diamond, but when I hit enter or lock surface target, nothing happens. Again, same procedure works perfectly fine for ground targets, but not ships. 

What's interesting is that the same is true for optical weapons like the AS30 and GBUs. I cannot lock these onto ships either. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 

22 hours ago, Vulcanxm655 said:

textures/white @ g:/dcs/mods/aircraft/rafale pack version 002  2.5.6.55960/textures 

this is what i get when trying to  join the multiplayer servers

Yeah, that's the same IC issue I brought up in the previous page. If you check your logs, you can look for "IC failure" and find all examples of files that are failing IC.
Probably a good check mod makers should do is run their mod and check their dcs.log file for such issues, then fix them before releasing. It's usually caused by the mod using a mounted texture that shares the same name as the texture in the base game.

Heck, if the textures are exactly the same, it might work to just let the mod unit use the default texture to save on download size.

Unfortunately, the only way to really fix this issue without the original cockpit model would be to use a hex editor to change the name of the texture in question. The new name [i]must[/i] be the same character length as the original, so "white.dds" or "white.tga" must be replaced by a name with five letters, since "white" is five letters long. Then rename the texture file to the same name.

On 3/26/2021 at 4:29 AM, Sandmonkee said:

Hi there, I was hoping you might be able to help, I am having difficulty locking ship targets with the Rafale. I followed exactly the instructions in the armaments text document that comes with the mod. I am able to lock on to ground radar targets and launch the scalp and AGM88 no problem, but with ships, it will not work no matter what I try. The ships are all frigates, with radar. I can put the reticle over the diamond, but when I hit enter or lock surface target, nothing happens. Again, same procedure works perfectly fine for ground targets, but not ships. 

What's interesting is that the same is true for optical weapons like the AS30 and GBUs. I cannot lock these onto ships either. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! 

Hi,

I have the same problem targeting and locking ships equipped with radars, but then launching the Scalp missiles fails.

It works with ground targets, though, but not with ships.

Thanks for your help,

Fly low.

Edited by toan

Hey,

Maybe these ships that I was targeting with Scalp missiles had powerful ECM and jamming systems. 😀

I tested the Scalp and Exocet, while attacking a fleet including the Kuznetsov carrier, the Moskva cruiser and the Pieltsky AA cruiser.

I found this last AA cruiser very difficult to sink, although I used several anti-ship wings of EA-6B Prowler equipped with HARM, as well as several SEM and Rafale M wings with Exocet and Scalp missiles. 🤔😀

I had to adopt several varying and out of range routes to escape its saturating AA missiles, before I could succeed to destroy it using at least 10 Exocet....

None of the Scalp succeeded to hit the ship, and at least 3 Exocet did.

My conclusion here is that you need of course several missile hits to sink a large cruiser or carrier type ship.

The attacking wings (2 to 4 aircraft each) followed different routes, flying low attack profiles.

They were launched by the Theodore Roosevelt CVN, the Charles de Gaulle and the Clemenceau carriers.

Allover, I lost many pilots and aircraft during this attack of 3 strongly armed ships, and I must admit that the Kuznetsov wasn't yet programmed (by me...) to send any Su-33 fighters against my attacking wings.... ☹️

Complex but challenging scenario that I will work out... 😜

Fly low...

Edited by toan

5 hours ago, toan said:

Hey,

Maybe these ships that I was targeting with Scalp missiles had powerful ECM and jamming systems. 😀

I tested the Scalp and Exocet, while attacking a fleet including the Kuznetsov carrier, the Moskva cruiser and the Pieltsky AA cruiser.

I found this last AA cruiser very difficult to sink, although I used several anti-ship wings of EA-6B Prowler equipped with HARM, as well as several SEM and Rafale M wings with Exocet and Scalp missiles. 🤔😀

I had to adopt several varying and out of range routes to escape its saturating AA missiles, before I could succeed to destroy it using at least 10 Exocet....

None of the Scalp succeeded to hit the ship, and at least 3 Exocet did.

My conclusion here is that you need of course several missile hits to sink a large cruiser or carrier type ship.

The attacking wings (2 to 4 aircraft each) followed different routes, flying low attack profiles.

They were launched by the Theodore Roosevelt CVN, the Charles de Gaulle and the Clemenceau carriers.

Allover, I lost many pilots and aircraft during this attack of 3 strongly armed ships, and I must admit that the Kuznetsov wasn't yet programmed (by me...) to send any Su-33 fighters against my attacking wings.... ☹️

Complex but challenging scenario that I will work out... 😜

Fly low...

Thanks for the replies to my post you guys. So you managed to eventually get the missiles to lock on the ship's radar signatures? Your post from about this time yesterday said you were also unable to lock the ships. Can I ask what you did differently to get it to work?

Thanks again! 

2 hours ago, Sandmonkee said:

Thanks for the replies to my post you guys. So you managed to eventually get the missiles to lock on the ship's radar signatures? Your post from about this time yesterday said you were also unable to lock the ships. Can I ask what you did differently to get it to work?

Thanks again! 

Hi again,

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.

All the Scalp attacks were programmed during  AI flights, with groups of targets designed in advance.

This definitely failed, sadly, whereas similar Exocet attacks in AI missions succeeded. 😀

Fly low...

48 minutes ago, toan said:

Hi again,

Maybe I wasn't clear enough.

All the Scalp attacks were programmed during  AI flights, with groups of targets designed in advance.

This definitely failed, sadly, whereas similar Exocet attacks in AI missions succeeded. 😀

Fly low...

Ah ok, so it wasn't you that locked on and sunk the ships, it was your AI wingmen?

This has been my experience too, things work for the AI, so there must be a way to do it, these things just don't work for me (or more likely, I haven't figured out how to do them yet!).

9 hours ago, sushy73 said:

Hi Toan.

I've tested it this morning and all it's ok for me..

Hi Sushy, thanks for the reply. By any chance would it be easy for you to capture a video of how you locked up the ships with the Exocet or scalp? Again, I followed exactly the steps in the armaments readme file, including the launch override, but it won't lock. Thank you! 

Hi Sandmonkee,

I had several AI wings of attacking aircraft, each one consisting of up to 4 SEM or Rafale equiped with a mix of Exocet and Scalp missiles.

Clearly, none of the Scalp ever hit the targets, whereas the Exocet did, at least for about half of them, depending on the range to the target and firing altitude.

I usually fly very low approaches, usually less than 200 feet, and climb to 5 to 800 feet for target acquisition and missile firing, and then leave fast, very low also.

😜

Fly low...

Hi folks, 

I have a new question regarding using the Rafale in DCS Liberation. I was really sad to find that when I tried to use it in DCS Liberation games, I got an error that said the Rafale has no EPLRS, and that there was another error regarding the first waypoint.

Is there any way around this? I read the DCS manual about what EPLRS is and what it used for, and it doesn't sound like something I would need in the missions I'm flying with the Rafale. I would really like to be able to use the Rafale in Liberation.

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Sandmonkee said:

Hi folks, 

I have a new question regarding using the Rafale in DCS Liberation. I was really sad to find that when I tried to use it in DCS Liberation games, I got an error that said the Rafale has no EPLRS, and that there was another error regarding the first waypoint.

Is there any way around this? I read the DCS manual about what EPLRS is and what it used for, and it doesn't sound like something I would need in the missions I'm flying with the Rafale. I would really like to be able to use the Rafale in Liberation.

Thanks!

Well I figured it out. In the mission editor, all I needed to do was select the first waypoint, select advanced, and then delete the EPLRS reference. After this, I am able to fly my Rafale in Liberation with no errors!

Now if only I could get the thing to lock on ships! 😀

Hello, I am having trouble with hosting this mod on multiplayer with friends (hosting from my own computer). I am able to use several other mods when I host (MiG-25, 31, Mirage F1), but this one seems to create a "Client is Tainted" error when friends try to join. Help!