NEWS "RAFALE PACK EVOLUTION II" Version 2.8.7 August 2023 by the Cuesta Brothers Team

5 minutes ago, toan said:

Excellent News for the parking of up to 10 to 12 aircraft, and using the forward deck parking slots! 👏 I look forward to test that 😃 You are an expert ! 👍

Concerning the AIRBOSS View, it's not my work, but Marroux's. You just have to add the text lines at the very end of the LUA file, and it works without a hitch. 😉

Also, I've come to a taxiing problem when a Rafale tanker was parked on slot no. 1., and 4 Rafale M on the other slots, plus an E-2D. Below are the screenshots, where a first Rafale M (out of 4) was launched. Then, the tanker started to taxi, but was stopped by the Rafale on spot no. 2. Then, the E-2D started to taxi, and was in turn stopped by the tanker.... All the launch process was then defnitely stopped. Sigh. 🙁 I guess this could be avoided by pushing back the parking slots to the edge of the deck. 🤔

Screen_230125b.jpg

Screen_230125a.jpg

The taxi issues could possible be fixed by moving the planes back, but then the issue becomes deck crew standing in the middle of a wing 🤔. I may have to leave it like this for a bit. The easy fix is put the E-2 and the Tanker on the catapults. But yes if you are wanting more than 1 tanker and E-2. An easy code fix may be if I can trick the AI by adjusting wing span and such without causing other issues. But moving the parking spaces back without running over more of the deck crew may be tough, lol

Note, I've only tested with 2 planes groups. While I've not tested this myself using 4 plane groups could very well change the take off order causing what I see in the picture. I know it's a pain but try 2 planes groups if your are now using 4. I had ok results using 2 plane groups for fighters, 1 or 2 plane for tanker and E-2, hope that helps

Thanks to toan and everyone else's help I've got my Naval Aviation Mod in final "beta" testing.

I've decide to release the overall project in modules by nation. Stating with the French Navy🇫🇷

NAMvF1 update will include take off and landing/parking for up to 16 AI aircraft (15 Rafale/Etendard, all versions, and 1 E-2) using both catapults and 14 ramp starts. PLUS 8 helicopter or VTOL Harrier/F-35B in case you want to invite some friends over 🙂 Some USN naval aircraft may work but have not be tested with this version

16 Rafale can take off from Nimitiz class carrier with very minor issues, landing all 16 not tested but may work.

Also will include the LSO view/AirBoss     Modification par Marroux 

SAM fix for CDG

Hope to have final version for release early next week.

pics 1-3 are take off, 4-7 landing

Screen_230125_220311.jpg

Screen_230125_220506.jpg

Screen_230125_220712.jpg

Screen_230125_221150.jpg

Screen_230125_221222.jpg

Screen_230126_014904.jpg

Screen_230126_015503.jpg

Edited by Beldin
Update text
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, F-2 said:

https://www.servicehistorique.sga.defense.gouv.fr/resultats-recherche?cles=Rafale&search=Rechercher

is this Rafale wind tunnel data? Or just a general use of the word Rafale as gust or burst?

Numéro de dossier : 2098/53. Essais d'aérodynamiques dans la soufflerie supersonique à rafale

Hi F-2, looking at the very long summary of the project presentation document, it is dedicated to a wind tunnel experiment research. It has nothing to do with the Rafale fighter.

• Thanks 1

Hi Beldin,

I applied my own modifications in your lua files. The IA can fire The Scalp ATG far from objective as the AASM and can release LGBS at High Altitude.

For the fun I modified VSN Mirage 2000 loadout to approach the last updated version of the 2000D too.

Hope you 'll release your CDG/Rafale mod soon 😉.

Hope for an updated Mirage 2000D soon 😛

IA attack for the fun

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Eole said:

Hi Beldin,

I applied my own modifications in your lua files. The IA can fire The Scalp ATG far from objective as the AASM and can release LGBS at High Altitude.

For the fun I modified VSN Mirage 2000 loadout to approach the last updated version of the 2000D too.

IA attack for the fun

I posted the final version 1 files in the  CDG thread. But I'll post them here as well🙂 later on today 

Just to add a correction the Scalp ATG was released with the Rafale by the Cuesta's, I only made some minor modifications on LUA'S (like adding the Laser equipment command and some minor tweaks on the data's).

ATM modifications are only on the HP's and the ScalpAtg's datas. Next weapons will be seen later.

Files have been transmited with those latest modification to Beldin to validate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/7/2023 at 1:22 PM, Eole said:

Hi Beldin,

IA attack for the fun

Hi would you share it,does AI fire now Fox 3 or still engages with IR only?Thx

2 hours ago, Airbarba said:

Hi would you share it,does AI fire now Fox 3 or still engages with IR only?Thx

Unfortunatly I don't work anymore on it atm. And I suppose as some few modders I don't have permission to release my own modifications of their work.

Edited by Eole

Let me take a look at the Rafale again. I believe I was able to add the meteors from the equally great jas39 Gripen mod and the AI would fire them at the correct range (30-40nmish) Note the jas39 mod must be installed as well for this to work. I think I had to change the Rafale radar type as well. I have seen the AI fire the orig Rafale meteors from over 20nm BUT it's very rare, mostly it will fire them from under 10nm. I've always assumed they worked correctly for a human pilot but I've never tested that, lol. I'll test the Rafale again and figure out where I left off and post what I can soon.

• Thanks 1

Sorry for the delay with the Rafale updates. To many cool things to work on, lol. I did some tests and here is what i found out. I added the Jas 39 Mod meteors to Rafale and changed the radar type to match the jas39's radar (F-15 radar I think). AI will fire them at around 15-20nm without AWACS support and around 20-40nm with AWACS support. The AI does not need the targeting pod fitted. IR and gun should also work The AI will no longer fire the orig meteors even with the pod fitted, maybe due to the radar change?Also if the orig metors are fitted the AI will not use the gun because it's trying to fire the missiles. It did still fire the IR missiles. I added the dual rail launcher to both wing pylons. not sure if that's realistic, but you don't have to fit them if that kind of thing brother you, lol. And you have to have the Gripen mod install for the new missiles to show up on Rafale. I want to check with the with everyone and make sure they are ok with me releasing first but hopefully it can be posted soon. As I understand it there are different versions of the Rafale (AA and AG) so the human pilots can access the correct cockpit/avionics to fly/use the correct weapons. I'd like to create an AI only version that is multi-role where the AI can access and do all mission type but the 2 version thing is working fine for now so that's a project for later as I learn more about how the weapons work. I need to find out if the original meteors and/or new ones can be fired by a human pilot when the pod is fitted. My current guess is maybe..... 

Dual Fit.jpg

Orig fit.jpg

Quad Fit.jpg

Bonjour,

Je prends le fil de votre bel oiseau et vous en remercie.

Cependant, j'ai une question: sont-ils catapultables ? Merci.

Hello,

I'm taking the thread from your beautiful bird and thank you for it.

However, I have a question: are they catapultable? Thx.

As far as I know the current Rafale mod form Cuesta works very well as a flyable plane and should work from the catapults on Charles De Gaulle and Nimitz. Although I've not done much flying with it personally. If you are doing the flying I'd advise sticking with the Mod in it's original state. My updates are mainly for AI use.

Autant que je sache, la forme actuelle du mod Rafale Cuesta fonctionne très bien comme un avion pilotable et devrait fonctionner à partir des catapultes sur Charles De Gaulle et Nimitz. Même si je n'ai pas beaucoup volé avec personnellement. Si vous faites le vol, je vous conseille de vous en tenir au Mod dans son état d'origine. Mes mises à jour sont principalement destinées à l'IA.   

On 3/22/2023 at 7:24 PM, Beldin said:

Autant que je sache, la forme actuelle du mod Rafale Cuesta fonctionne très bien comme un avion pilotable et devrait fonctionner à partir des catapultes sur Charles De Gaulle et Nimitz. Même si je n'ai pas beaucoup volé avec personnellement. Si vous faites le vol, je vous conseille de vous en tenir au Mod dans son état d'origine. Mes mises à jour sont principalement destinées à l'IA.   

Bonjour, eh bien je crois que non:sur le CDG la catapulte n'a aucun effet sur le Rafale M. L'as-tu essayer ? si oui, dis-moi quelque chose . Merci.

Edited by raf34

12 hours ago, raf34 said:

Bonjour, eh bien je crois que non:sur le CDG la catapulte n'a aucun effet sur le Rafale M. L'as-tu essayer ? si oui, dis-moi quelque chose . Merci.

If you are flying (human pilot) I've not done that for take off. I have landed so I know that works. IF AI planes Only the catapults worked with AI using the original CDG/RAFALE. For the the AI planes to use catapults/ramp starts you need the updates I did for both the ship and the plane(s). Every thing should be in this thread. But my updates are not tested with human pilots and are meant for AI use. Although I did not do anything on purposes that should have made them not work with a human pilot. Here is the AI taking off

Si vous volez (pilote humain), je n'ai pas fait ça pour le décollage. J'ai atterri donc je sais que ça marche. Avions IF AI Seules les catapultes fonctionnaient avec l'IA en utilisant le CDG/RAFALE d'origine. Pour que les avions AI utilisent des catapultes/démarrages de rampe, vous avez besoin des mises à jour que j'ai faites pour le navire et le ou les avions. Tout devrait être dans ce fil. Mais mes mises à jour ne sont pas testées avec des pilotes humains et sont destinées à être utilisées par l'IA. Bien que je n'ai rien fait à des fins qui auraient dû les empêcher de fonctionner avec un pilote humain. Voici l'IA qui décolle

Edited by Beldin