If you could pick any map next, what would it be? (Poll Vote)

dimitri18

If you could pick any map next, what would it be? (Poll Vote)  

473 members have voted

1. 1. If you could pick any map next, what would it be? (Poll Vote)

• Northern Central Europe (Germany, Netherlands, Poland, Denmark)
    • Southern Europe (Northern Italy, Southern France, North Eastern Spain)
    • Korea
    • Vietnam
    • Southern Africa
    • South America

Il 26/11/2020 at 15:47, bies ha scritto:

Fulda Gap, Baltics, GIUK.

For Cold War gone hot, red storm rising scenarios.

Agree.

My favourite ones still remain Balkans and Central Europe.

But who knows if and when the will become available one day, Nevada is more than unfinished still.

With best regards.

Edited by JagHond

I feel like we desperately need either Eastern Baltics or Korea. Vietnam would be cool, sure, but we don't have historical MiGs like MiG-21PFM or MiG-19S. Korea has the benefit of being able to go into modern times with North Korea just as we are getting with Marianas, unlike Vietnam.

• 5 weeks later...

I've not read all the other posts, but ...

Norwegian Sea theater - east of the G-I-UK gap to the home of the Red Banner Northern Fleet.

That gives 'Contain the Bear' or 'Break-out the Bear' scenarios. All cold war stuff, so matches current DCS target era's.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Afghanistan!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...

Would love to see the Fulda Gap.  That whole area around Alsfeld, the Vogelberg, Kinzeg Valley...  That's my old stomping ground.  We'd need the F111 and F105 to go with it, though.  They were what we relied on to save our asses if the balloon went up.

Also another vote for Viet Nam...

• Like 2

1) Love to also see a Bering Strait map. U.S. and Russia as next door neighbors.  "I can see Russia from my house"

2) Angola/South Africa map. Why not? Good for MiG-21, SU-25, and MI-24 operations.

3) Cuba, with parts of Florida ,Gitmo, and  Carribean areas. Can practice my defections....

4) My neighborhood.

Edited by SKYPORK
  • Like 1

Getting new maps; it would be great to have them done like the Marianas map, with current, WWII, and mid century Korean/Vietnam Era conflicts if they fit the geography. We have nothing for the Korean war jets, but having the neo modern version gives you that time span between the 50s to now for numerous scenarios. Especially carrier ops, and the opportunity to make some scratch on all the now new aircraf, ships, theater packages. If they made them in that format from the beginning if applicable, would greatly benefit everyone instead of being a niche map market. 

JMTCW.......

Cheers

• Like 1

Sempre Fortis

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 11:28 PM, Oban said:

Scandinavia just like the old EF2000 game

+1

Yep. More focus on landscape than cities, maybe this would be the key to make it work

• Like 2

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Am 14.3.2022 um 21:45 schrieb Lasstmichdurch:

Central Europe...a lots of potential...

We need a map to simulate Red Storm Rising / Fulda Gap!

Central Europe.jpg

Naaah, DCS is all about realism. Last conflict in that area was 1940ies... 😉

• Like 3

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

97% of you guys are mad. Nam will run like aids. So will Northern Europe for that matter. Do you really want to render 6 gorillion trees or buildings? Or try to find ground units within them? Or wait an eternity for the devs to finish it. Just look how long the Falklands is taking. And there's not even much there... Southern Africa has the best terrain and is the most war prone... (Well, usually anyways :P) Not gonna lie though. 1950's Korea would be cool, but then again, we have a whole two jets that flew in that war, but a hell of a lot more that have fought in Africa. And anyways, we already have the Pacific Islands, North America, Europe, the Caucuses and half of the Middle East... Its time we get some African action yo! What about muh equality and all...?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wouldnt mind seeing an Alaskan map part of the Aleutian Islands up to the Russian coastline myself.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2022 at 11:39 PM, shagrat said:

Naaah, DCS is all about realism. Last conflict in that area was 1940ies... 😉

Most modules in DCS are from the cold war era...and the place, where everyone thought, it could get the hottest place, was the area around Fulda...

Read Red Storm Rising... a must...

• Like 4

vor 30 Minuten schrieb Lasstmichdurch:

Most modules in DCS are from the cold war era...and the place, where everyone thought, it could get the hottest place, was the area around Fulda...

Read Red Storm Rising... a must...

Yeah, but that's all fiction. There never was more than some training exercises and air patrol, air policing tasks, in real life.

So it is not much different from pretending Cold war has gone hot in the Caucasus mountains...

• Like 1

Shagrat

On 4/2/2022 at 12:01 AM, SKYPORK said:

3) Cuba, with parts of Florida ,Gitmo, and  Carribean areas. Can practice my defections....

+10,000, if it at least goes as far north as the Orlando area and includes the MacDill AFB area.  If the creator wants to get really nuts, include all of Florida up to and especially NAS Pensacola.  

On 12/6/2020 at 5:28 PM, Oban said:

Scandinavia just like the old EF2000 game

I absolutely loved and played the hell out of that game.  But that plane was a bit temperamental when taxiing and landing, it tended to roll over and blow up for even the slightest wrong move.  It was the sole reason I bought my first GPU, I don't remember exactly which specific one, but it was a 3dFX card and it worked like a charm on that sim.

• 9 months later...

I know it may seem like the standard/boring option, but I think there is a reason for that. These offer IMO not only scenarios that work well with the aircraft lineup, but also some variety in campaigns for the future.

Vietnam/Afghanistan

Another cool region IMO would be the Taiwan Strait with parts of mainland China and Taiwan but I realize they may want to avoid that s-show.

• Like 1

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS

I'll preface my post with saying I don't personally care too much about maps, and I'm pretty happy with Syria and Caucasus, don't even use Marianas and Channel even though I have them installed.

That said, there are a couple even I'd be looking forward to: one is the upcoming Kola Peninsula, but I have strong reservations as I really don't like satellite image based textures in flight simulation maps, as I personally think that they look awful at low altitude, where most of our time is spent in helicopters and strike jets, or eventually even in dogfights. But Orbx seems to have a reputation of doing it well, so we'll see.

The other one I'd really like to see being made and isn't yet announced by anybody is Fulda Gap. Central Europe is beautiful and varied geographically, and is the quintessential area for "Cold War gone hot" nightmares of late Cold War era. Though, object density in a proper Fulda Gap map may be about as bad as a potential Vietnam map (which I don't care for), and the latter isn't feasible right now as far as we know.

Edited by WinterH
typos
  • Like 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

6 hours ago, WinterH said:

I'll preface my post with saying I don't personally care too much about maps, and I'm pretty happy with Syria and Caucasus, don't even use Marianas and Channel even though I have them installed.

That said, there are a couple even I'd be looking forward to: one is the upcoming Kola Peninsula, but I have strong reservations as I really don't like satellite image based textures in flight simulation maps, as I personally think that they look awful at low altitude, where most of our time is spent in helicopters and strike jets, or eventually even in dogfights. But Orbx seems to have a reputation of doing it well, so we'll see.

The other one I'd really like to see being made and isn't yet announced by anybody is Fulda Gap. Central Europe is beautiful and varied geographically, and is the quintessential area for "Cold War gone hot" nightmares of late Cold War era. Though, object density in a proper Fulda Gap map may be about as bad as a potential Vietnam map (which I don't care for), and the latter isn't feasible right now as far as we know.

I agree about sat imagery.

As old as DCS maps are, I enjoy the crafted nature of them. There are many times they look better IMO than even MSFS 2020. Obviously there are times they don't. I'm fine with the crafted nature of DCS maps and having to purchase them. Especially for things like WWII era maps that are period specific.

• Like 1

AMD 7900x3D | Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Hero | 64GB DC DDR5 6400 Ram | MSI Suprim RTX 4090 Liquid X | 2 x Kingston Fury 4TB Gen4 NVME | Corsair HX1500i PSU | NZXT H7 Flow | Liquid Cooled CPU & GPU | HP Reverb G2 | LG 48" 4K OLED | Winwing HOTAS