The fighter fight: MiG-29 vs. F-15 vs. Su-27 vs. Su-33

I thought it would be a good idea to find out which fighter in Lock On: Flaming Cliffs is, overall, the best. So I've made a list of criteria to make the search a little easier. The reason I'm doing this is because I'm new to LOFC and I'm just curious. :) Yes, I have looked at the in game encyclopedia, but I think that it is inaccurate for Lock On (but not in real life). So without further ado here are the criteria:

Climb rate (or maybe just how easily it climbs compared to others): ?

Turn radius: ?

Fuel capacity: ?

Maximum velocity: ?

Service ceiling: ?

Weapon capabilities: ?

If I've missed out some important ones please tell me. Hope you guys can help!

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F-15 Has the best Weapon capabilities 8 to 6*AIM-120s and speed, enough fuel whit three fuel tanks loaded.

MiG-29S not as good Weapon capabilities as the F-15 but have same possibilities, u can load 4 (actives) called R-77 and (Heat seeking) 2ET,2R-73. And because off the size MiG is short on fuel, u really need to watch it.

I would say MiG, and F-15 in Lomac have same way off fighting because off the active missiles.

Su-27S/33 are a lite bit more pain in the arse when it comes to Weapon capabilities.

U don't have missiles that are active so U need to guide them all the way to the target.

R-27ER,R-27R,R-27EM but they have bigger range then the active missiles.

I would say the biggest challenge is to fly Su-33, U cant outrun anyone so u have to really think before getting in to the fight.

Neither any actives that can cover ur escape.

So me as a Su-27S pilot Dreaming about The upgraded Su-27SM where its possible to carry 8*R-77 or 4*ET and 4*R-77.

That would make the F-15 pilots cry. But that is only a Lomac dream. :)

• Like 1

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

IMO best weaponry has MiG-29S. R-77 are wonderful, mixed with ET = death 110% :P. But low fuel, big consumption make this plane rather for shorter fly, or mountain fight.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I suggest using the search function ... and reading a LOT of what has been written.

I thought it would be a good idea to find out which fighter in Lock On: Flaming Cliffs is, overall, the best.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Stop pretending you're a helicopter, back off the afterburner, and your fuel will last much longer.

IMO best weaponry has MiG-29S. R-77 are wonderful, mixed with ET = death 110% :P. But low fuel, big consumption make this plane rather for shorter fly, or mountain fight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

F-15 Has the best Weapon capabilities 8 to 6*AIM-120s and speed, enough fuel whit three fuel tanks loaded.

MiG-29S not as good Weapon capabilities as the F-15 but have same possibilities, u can load 4 (actives) called R-77 and (Heat seeking) 2ET,2R-73. And because off the size MiG is short on fuel, u really need to watch it.

I would say MiG, and F-15 in Lomac have same way off fighting because off the active missiles.

Su-27S/33 are a lite bit more pain in the arse when it comes to Weapon capabilities.

U don't have missiles that are active so U need to guide them all the way to the target.

R-27ER,R-27R,R-27EM but they have bigger range then the active missiles.

I would say the biggest challenge is to fly Su-33, U cant outrun anyone so u have to really think before getting in to the fight.

Neither any actives that can cover ur escape.

So me as a Su-27S pilot Dreaming about The upgraded Su-27SM where its possible to carry 8*R-77 or 4*ET and 4*R-77.

That would make the F-15 pilots cry. But that is only a Lomac dream. :)

Explain this: I hit more targets per flight in Mig than in F-15.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Pilotasso I can assure u that If I did get Aim-120s on my Su-27S instead of ERs I would kill more the I would in a MiG. :)

But in the end its all about Pilot skills doesnt matter what u fly,

And why u kill more in a MiG has explanation, its not as visible as the F-15, that could be it, If u fight where u can escape the radar trough the terrain. In the open u are as vulnerable as the rest.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

You suck at F15:)
LOL :smartass:

Personally, I don't think he's bashing the MiG at all. He's just stating the obvious; the MiG carries less fuel that the Eagle. That can't be argued. He offers a pretty fair comparison IMHO.

As for which plane gets you more a2a kills; generally, people are more comfortable with one of the two aircraft. Some people (like myself) enjoy the Eagle, and do well in it, but others dominate in the Fulcrum. It's a matter of opinion and which jet you have more experience with. Really nothing to explain.

The subject is hit on frequently. If memory serves, there are some pretty cool graphs similar to the one in the second post in some other threads.

"When you're out of Tomcats, you're out of fighters!"

helk.gif

Pilotasso I can assure u that If I did get Aim-120 on my Su-27S instead of ERs I would kill more the I would in a mig. :)

But in the end its all about Pilot skills doesnt matter what u fly,

An assumption is not as good as practice. ;)

In a flanker you wouldnt hit squat with the AMRAAM. You would have to use STT mode and give yourself away immidiatly before launch (something you can only guess against F-15). Everybody knows how to spoof off an AMRAAM shot in these conditions with a high degree of safety margin. It lacks speed and the rear aspect range of the R-77 (thats why the mig is so sucessfull).

My PC specs below:

An assumption is not as good as practice. ;)

In a flanker you wouldn't hit squat with the AMRAAM. You would have to use STT mode and give yourself away immediately before launch (something you can only guess against F-15). Everybody knows how to spoof off an AMRAAM shot in these conditions with a high degree of safety margin. It lacks speed and the rear aspect range of the R-77 (that's why the MiG is so successful).

So dose the MiG when u fire R-77, that's why u just spam it, specially if the pilot is good enough to jam F-15s TWS, u don't lock them and lunch do u :) instead i guise u do the rainbow active spam.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

On Su-33 with 10 or 12 missiles good to maddoging ^^ or missile spamming, it isn't too realistic but fun :}

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

So dose the MiG when u fire R-77, that's why u just spam it, specially if the pilot is good enough to jam F-15s TWS, u don't lock them and lunch do u :) instead i guise u do the rainbow active spam.

You are mistaken.

99% of the times I support my launches down to TTA=0. A supported shot will always describe a curve torwards the target off the rail, if you have ever watched any ACMI you will see this 99% of my engagements.(without lock it will straight ahead) F pole usualy follows untill I can turn backwards and denny my opponents return shots. Its much much trickier than it sounds because you have a very small window of opportunity to do it for maximum PK and at the same time avoid getting killed in the process, not to mention the shear speed and skill to operate the F-15's unfriendly radar modeling.

In the Mig I always use one R-77 at a time (I only usualy carry 3) but in the F-15 I usualy fire in pairs (timed shots).

My PC specs below:

Goon I thought u were using as it called jamming script.

Ah, oh yes, everyone knows that i LOPE extra missiles to my aircraft, use exports to gain information about people on the server and various other apps and scritps to get the upper hand.. apart from that, just a single "E" keystroke is enough to jam the F-15 TWS, even without any macros and scripts!

Pilotasso U must admit that let it be MIG or F-15 R-77/AIM-120 just more effective then R/ER/AIM-7, just because of that they can cover defence maneuver/escape. They can be slower then they are now, but the pilot must react when he has a missile inbound.

I don't see many F-15 pilots fly full load off AIM-7s.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg

Pilotasso U must admit that let it be MIG or F-15 R-77/AIM-120 just more effective then R/ER/AIM-7, just because of that they can cover defence maneuver/escape.

I don't see many F-15 pilots fly full load off AIM-7s.

R-77 yes, AMRAAM in STT at comparable ranges? NEVER

AMRAAM hits exclusively thanks to the stealth advantage of RWS, wich is as I have explained hard to use. Try it.

AIM-7's dont have R-27ER range, you can be successfull at 25km with an R-27ER but never with a sparrow (wich is to a certain degree realistic). I carry 2 for countering close range beaming manuevers with flood mode.

My PC specs below:

No, I mean you will miss the AIM-120's to a degree that youll realise its not the PK saver you think it would be for a Flanker. It has to be used on F-15 RWS VERY VERY methodicaly to achieve a "no chance" return shot from your targets. Very challenging.

My PC specs below: