Waypoint issue when entering from F10 map with Jester

Father Cool

I have had this now with several missions over the past few weeks/months. When I have entered specific markers on the F10 map for use in mission as waypoints and then had jester input them as WP1, 2 or 3 they end up many miles away from the actual target in the map. This appears to be replicated pretty much 100% of the time.

I play exclusively in MP so not sure if it effects SP and I can't jump in the back and see if the issue is the same if the waypoints are manually entered. However needless to say the easiest way for me to add mission waypoints is to mark the point on F10 and get Jester to input that point as a waypoint so this needs to work really, which it currently is not, at least for me. I also selected ST as the point the other night and that one inputted correctly for the Lantirn pod camera but it was pointing me miles away on the HSD, however I have had this not work as well recently, WP1 to 3 still pointed me wrong even on the Lantirn Pod.

Has anyone else had this issue as it is making our MP mission sorties very frustrating when ground targets are at a given location and you cannot find them to deploy weapons.

Regards

FC

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2020 at 11:05 AM, RustBelt said:

Are you giving jester enough time to enter each one? It does it in real time it's not instantaneous, and Jester has a habit of not finishing what it's doing when you issue another order. 

Agreed that this was the solution.  I'm also unsure if doing this pre- or post-INS alignment has an impact, which it shouldn't from a systems perspective in either case, and thus again only dependent on whether Jester is setting-up other systems at the same time.

EDIT: pre-INS alignment works fine as well, as long as the waypoints are submitted to Jester only after each one is complete, and not during the first 7secs of the alignment when he is entering in the current position.

That being said I can recall a few patches go being able to submit, if not "queue-up", several waypoints for Jester to enter at once, during INS alignment no-less, with no problems.  From a coding perspective, it also seems illogical that Jester cannot be given a queue of commands which are prioritized i.e. waypoints are only entered-in after he has completed entering in stored heading for INS alignment, without them getting 'jumbled-up'.

Edited by mad rabbit