F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

*UPDATED 01/02/24*

*DISCLAIMER*  - This is NOT a new version the F-22A Raptor mod by Grinnelli Design's.  This is simply an addon to that mod that replaces some of the stock files for two different versions.  One intended for single player use that does change performance data and weapons and one intended for multiplayer use that only changes displays.  I am NOT by any means taking credit for any of the works of the aforementioned team.  Without them, there wouldn't have been a mod to mod.  I originally started this "project" to modify the F-22A mod to my own liking.  Afterwards it was suggested that I make the changes available to anyone else that was interested.  It is not a repack of the mod and still requires the original as a base.  No slight is intended towards the original mod or it's creators.  

See below for links to liveries and the enhancement mod I've released.  The mod requires the original F22 mod.

Home - GrinnelliDesigns

Thank you to the Grinnelli Designs team for all of your hard work in bringing this mod back to life better than ever!

I'm going to link all of the files and liveries for the F22 "enhancement" mod here.  I'll keep the same file names through any updates.  More details about the mod found on the link above.  Remember that the main mod is REQUIRED (linked above).

Multiplayer version.  No changes to weapons or performance.  STOCK files used.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47d2gu21874torf/F-22A Multi Player.7z?dl=0

Single player version.  Includes changes to weapons, flight model etc.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0iahwuoozbqk5t/F-22A Single Player.7z?dl=0

Single player external stores changes.  This requires changes to one main install folder but allows missiles on wing pylons.  USE THIS IF YOU ALSO HAVE THE CFT MOD OR THE CATM WEAPONS MOD INSTALLED.  There is a common file A2A_Missiles.lua that you can't have two copies of.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zia323bvadtkznl/F-22A External Weapons.7z?dl=0

Western RWR database mod.  This mod is separate but includes changes that apply to the F22 and many other mods.  It's an updated database file for the RWR so that included mod aircraft are identified properly on the RWR.   No more <U> for UNKNOWN.   I've added many popular mods to this file and will continue to update it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xiroer126ddh9xj/DCS RWR Symbology.zip?dl=0

DCS RWR Symbology (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

F-22A Squadron liveries.  These are consolidated into four large zip files that contain liveries for all 195 Raptors.  Some have different versions of some aircraft at different points in their life cycle.  A good example of this would be the Raptors of the currently deactivated 7th FS from Holloman AFB.  Those aircraft were later dispersed to various squadrons.  Some corrections have also been made to other aircraft. A special thank you to @Texac for allowing the use of his livery template for these!

Set A is the FF (Langley AFB Squadrons)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlt22v884c3q37r/F-22A Liveries Set A.7z?dl=0

Set B is the TY (Tyndall AFB Squadrons)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3d3e201qdmz63lt/F-22A Liveries Set B.7z?dl=0

Set C is the AK (Elmendorf AFB Squadrons)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nm6g4raiinvuy90/F-22A Liveries Set C.7z?dl=0

Set D is all of the other squadrons HO, ED, OT, WA and HH (Holloman AFB, Edwards AFB, Nellis AFB, Hickam AFB)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4mq5gws34t1sfp/F-22A Liveries Set D.7z?dl=0

*NEW* - Additional F22 liveries by @Texac

F-22A Raptor Weathered Textures (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

F-22A Raptor 422nd Test and Evaluation Squadron "Mirror/Chrome" (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

F-22A Raptor 31st Test and Evaluation Squadron Edwards "Clean" (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Edited by Nightstorm
Updates
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 5

I assume you edited the entry file to remove the F-15.dll from being called. While this might work, its not operating on a terrible SFM, the plane will not fly well at all.(The reason it was put over the F-15 was for Virtual Airshow fun/theater) That's also why all the internal commands stopped working, the dll was controlling everything you mentioned above that is not working. The mod was killed by ED for a good reason, its a shame we can't just let her go.

It was not a good reason, this mod keept me with DCS,i love the F22 since i was a boy, and i still am a 33 year old boy and i still love it...won't buy any of their new shit if this won't get fixed . There are tons of people that think the same way as me.. the F22 mod is uber awesome, if they need to encrypt some stuff, they should make a exception to make this mod work. We love grinnelliDesigns, i would suck him off for free for making that mod, long live the F22!

• Like 1

I assume you edited the entry file to remove the F-15.dll from being called. While this might work, its not operating on a terrible SFM, the plane will not fly well at all.(The reason it was put over the F-15 was for Virtual Airshow fun/theater) That's also why all the internal commands stopped working, the dll was controlling everything you mentioned above that is not working. The mod was killed by ED for a good reason, its a shame we can't just let her go.

I assumed as much regarding the DLL file. I do understand that it's not a good flight model using SFM and it's not even remotely realistic by comparison to the F22. None the less, it's a great 3D model with a great 3D cockpit that does put you in the Raptor. I spend most of my time in full fidelity modules, however, sometimes I like to just buzz around in something that at least looks like an F22 even if all it can do is employ air to air weapons.

In this iteration for the current open beta you can use the RADAR, you can lock and fire AMRAAM's on targets and fly around in what looks like a Raptor. You can navigate with the HUD and waypoints as they work. The engine display works and the message center works. None of the other pages work as indicated but it can still be fun. Yea, you can't tell how much gas you have but you can guesstimate and if you're wrong....well....when it gets quiet all the sudden it might be time for a change of scenery.

I for one am glad you made this mod and that it still works even in a limited capacity. I have an install of the old Stable on my PC just for this and other mods that relied on ED DLL files. I just wondered if it would work at all with an SFM and it does.

I made a bunch of liveries for it as well, something approaching 2.5GB worth compressed. I didn't upload those as they were all made with the PSD I included. If there is interest I can.

I understand that you don't want to support this any longer and there of course is no obligation. If you want me to take this down let me know. Thank you!

• Like 1

The Mod wasnt killed by E.D., The mod no longer functions due to changes in DCSW Core, along with a couple dozen others.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Regardless of whatever happens in the future, at this very instance, would like to really thank both Mr Grinnelli, for your absolutely amazing work on this mod, and Mr Nightstorm, for making it work again (till the foreseeable future I hope)..

it has brought so much joy to my mates and I that we can fly F22 again (albeit only visually) ????

Chubby Cheeks

The mod works if you read the install instructions. You have to copy the flaming cliff bin files to the f22.

Yes that is true for version v2.5.6.49798 and earlier. After that version which was from back in July '20 the DLL files required that you refer to were encrypted and the aircraft was no longer flyable. That's why the changes I've made no longer require the dll file and it is flyable again but it's missing some of the functionality that the dll file provided. There is at present no other option for any version after v2.5.6.49798.

• Like 1

I have downloaded it and went step by step on the install off the flaming cliffs .dll files into the F22 bin folder.

Unfortunately.. when I launch the sim.. it still acts as AI. I don’t have any control of it, and can’t enter the cockpit. What did I miss or not consider?

I addressed your very same question immediately above your post. As in literally the post above yours. The version I have linked on the first page will work in the current beta but it cannot use the flaming cliffs .dll files as they were encrypted after version v2.5.6.49798. The limitations that result from that are also detailed early on in this thread. If you want full functionality then you need to install the open beta version v2.5.6.49798 and don't update it. However, it does work in the current version with the limitations stated earlier.

ahh.. yes you did.. my apologies. I had downloaded it a little while back and I didn't notice my build number. Sorry about the oversight

No worries. I tested again this morning and the version I've posted does still work in the current OB. I did include both copies of the entry.lua in a backup folder so that it can be used on the older version as well with full functionality.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 9:02 AM, Nightstorm said:

I assumed as much regarding the DLL file. I do understand that it's not a good flight model using SFM and it's not even remotely realistic by comparison to the F22. None the less, it's a great 3D model with a great 3D cockpit that does put you in the Raptor. I spend most of my time in full fidelity modules, however, sometimes I like to just buzz around in something that at least looks like an F22 even if all it can do is employ air to air weapons.

In this iteration for the current open beta you can use the RADAR, you can lock and fire AMRAAM's on targets and fly around in what looks like a Raptor. You can navigate with the HUD and waypoints as they work. The engine display works and the message center works. None of the other pages work as indicated but it can still be fun. Yea, you can't tell how much gas you have but you can guesstimate and if you're wrong....well....when it gets quiet all the sudden it might be time for a change of scenery.

I for one am glad you made this mod and that it still works even in a limited capacity. I have an install of the old Stable on my PC just for this and other mods that relied on ED DLL files. I just wondered if it would work at all with an SFM and it does.

I made a bunch of liveries for it as well, something approaching 2.5GB worth compressed. I didn't upload those as they were all made with the PSD I included. If there is interest I can.

I understand that you don't want to support this any longer and there of course is no obligation. If you want me to take this down let me know. Thank you!

Would love some of those liveries! 

Search in the downloads section for Grinnelli F-22 and you'll find a bunch.  Also, he's working on a new/updated much more functional version of this mod.  The rumor is he hopes to release before Christmas.  Check out Growling Sidewinder's recent vids.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/13/2020 at 12:27 AM, Nightstorm said:

Hello folks,

Some time ago a pretty cool F22 mod was released by GrinneliDesigns. The mod requires FC3 to function and is no longer supported by the author to the best of my knowledge. I was attempting to contact the author but I don't know that information. I've seen the mod released a few different places. I don't know of any restriction on posting a link here but if there's a problem let me know.

I've made some modifications to allow it to work in the latest open beta as well as stable. There are some limitations though. Primarily that the MFD doesn't cycle pages and I'm not sure how to get that to work again. It works properly in the older version indicated below but is stuck on the engine systems panel in the current OB. However, it does work with F15 avionics and isn't using any encrypted files. So it IS flyable. The largest problem with not having the MFD's is fuel quantity. There's no display available to show you how much gas you have. You can navigate with the HUD and all of the other systems seem to work correctly including the status message display. If anyone knows how to fix that MFD function that'd be great.

I've included both the older Stable and Open Beta file versions in a backup folder so it can be used for either version. There is also a layered PSD file for textures in the default liveries folder.

I just thought I'd share this out for any that are interested. The only work I personally did was on the PSD file and edits to the lua files. All other work is thanks to the original author.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xxjjws51v8olzv6/F-22A.zip?dl=0

F-22A Block 40 Raptor by GrinneliDesigns

Includes Working cockpit and requires Flaming Cliffs 3

Only flyable in DCS Stable v2.5.6.49798 or earlier with full MFD functionality.

Currently working in Open Beta v2.5.6.55960 wit the MFD limited to engine display only. No navigation, fuel or FLCS data available.

Useable as AI in Open Beta and later versions.

Hi Nightstorm,

Firstly, i want to thank you for this mod, now i can fly F-22 which the most beautiful jet i wished.

It's absolutely amazing.

Currently i want to make a video which i replace pilot with someone. That can be found as example here.

Video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5OvGGyNMho&ab_channel=STINGTV

The problem is , i don't have 3D model of this mod to remove the pilot.

So , i would like to ask you if you can send me a custom of mod where F-22 which removed pilot.

In case you need a private share, please send me via email : hitoriki195@gmail.com

Once again , thank you so much to share this !!!

Hi, glad you're enjoying it.  A new version is in the works by GrinneliDesigns that is much improved over this version and will have many features and a much better flight model.

The model and work was done by GrinneliDesigns and I don't have any additional access to the material.  All I did to make this work in the current version of DCS is edit the lua file to remove the call to the F15C.dll which also removed the flight model and some functionality as indicated in the first post.

I'm not the creator of this work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nightstorm said:

Hi, glad you're enjoying it.  A new version is in the works by GrinneliDesigns that is much improved over this version and will have many features and a much better flight model.

The model and work was done by GrinneliDesigns and I don't have any additional access to the material.  All I did to make this work in the current version of DCS is edit the lua file to remove the call to the F15C.dll which also removed the flight model and some functionality as indicated in the first post.

I'm not the creator of this work.

Thanks for reply.

Actually, i just found GrinneliDesigns F-22 on internet via some download link.

Could you send me his contact then i can ask him this help.

P/S I notice GrinneliDesigns user in this thread but not sure that is he or not 🙂

On 11/13/2020 at 3:03 AM, GrinnelliDesigns said:

Hi @GrinnelliDesigns

Thanks for your amazing F-22 mod.

Could you please help to send me a version of F-22 mod where Pilot was hided.

I need to use in my video where i replace pilot with someone in real life.

If possible , please send me via email : hitoriki195@gmail.com

Thank you !!!

i have some problems. when i installing this mod (T . T)

I got this error  "Authorization is valid for 2d 23h 58m"

how to fix it?

and

is there no more information of new versions GrinneliDesigns F22?

Edited by F22A