F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

Hello

i tried to install the F22A mod but I’m getting a have to have permission from admin. I researched how to that and give full access to user name but still can’t copy file. Also I have DCS in my program files and saved games. My aircraft folder is in the program files, alittle confused why. But can someone explain or point me in the right direction maybe another video in copying the F22A folder in my mod/aircraft folder. 

thanks

F8283586-DAC5-43C7-9CF3-20C05B90756D.jpeg

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

The F22 system bind for both brakes is not selectable for my Virpil throttle.  Anyone else see that? 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

Airwolf

I sent you a PM.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

5 hours ago, Burt said:

Hello

i tried to install the F22A mod but I’m getting a have to have permission from admin. I researched how to that and give full access to user name but still can’t copy file. Also I have DCS in my program files and saved games. My aircraft folder is in the program files, alittle confused why. But can someone explain or point me in the right direction maybe another video in copying the F22A folder in my mod/aircraft folder. 

thanks

F8283586-DAC5-43C7-9CF3-20C05B90756D.jpeg

Protected file sh*t . . . . Lol.

Quick and dirty - grab the destination file (where the F-22 was supposed to go) and move/drag it anywhere OUTSIDE of the original file folder (on the desktop for instance). Install the F-22 as per instructions - but the destination is now the MOVED file you put elsewhere (as in the instructions detailed in RED). Then when "F-22 installed", move/drag the moved file (the destination file!) back to its original location.

Basically, the file is protected in it original location. Move it out of the protected parent structure and that changes.

Going from memory here, but I've had to do similar before for some reason.

Edited by garyscott
  • Thanks 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

5 hours ago, garyscott said:

Protected file sh*t . . . . Lol.

Quick and dirty - grab the destination file (where the F-22 was supposed to go) and move/drag it anywhere OUTSIDE of the original file folder (on the desktop for instance). Install the F-22 as per instructions - but the destination is now the MOVED file you put elsewhere (as in the instructions detailed in RED). Then when "F-22 installed", move/drag the moved file (the destination file!) back to its original location.

Basically, the file is protected in it original location. Move it out of the protected parent structure and that changes.

Going from memory here, but I've had to do similar before for some reason.

okay got it !!! Well done thanks ! I was excited and went into the mission editor to create a mission but when I tried to add a plane I don’t see it in the list... sht! This is like when I got my first VR set “G2” and things were just not working the way it should be. But then again I better go read the installation instruction for this Mod, it’s my first one I ever tried to add. 

thanks for your guide it worked like a charm 👍🏻

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

1 minute ago, Burt said:

okay got it !!! Well done thanks ! I was excited and went into the mission editor to create a mission but when I tried to add a plane I don’t see it in the list... sht! This is like when I got my first VR set “G2” and things were just not working the way it should be. But then again I better go read the installation instruction for this Mod, it’s my first one I ever tried to add. 

thanks for your guide it worked like a charm 👍🏻

Happy it worked! Was not too sure I was remembering things correctly, but worth a shot.

Regards the mod (I don’t have it yet, and don’t have the time to try on my install yet either), I suggest going through the whole F-22 thread for the mod, there should be detailed “what goes where” instructions. Vaguely remember someone, may have been on the grinelli page, saying that this mod doesn’t go where most others do. But I may be remembering something else?!?

Then hopefully the -22 will show up in M.E. and be selectable.

Take it easy bud.

• Thanks 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

Will do thanks again Gary 👍🏻

Start Date April 2020 

3 hours ago, Agim said:

Amazing mod. Thank you very much. It brings me back to childhood when I spent hundreds hours with DIDs F-22 ADF. Just add some sound and voices from this game and I will reach the Raptor heaven 😁

DID also produced the F-22 TAW (Total Air War) and EF-2000 "Eurofighter", memories of good old days 😊.

• Like 2

Thanks for this excellent mod ,  I enjoy flighting it since Day 1 👍.

As many have mentioned, its differential wheel brakes need to be added and adjusted,  like DCS MiG-29S before.

Also what is the function of "Base Range" listed for binding? Is it similar to NWS Low by any means ? Switching NWS key also doesn't seem to make any difference for now.

Please keep up your good work and make the Raptor strong !

Edited by Archer_111

Hi!

I have downloaded and installed in the right folder. See screenshot

image.png

I have access to the CAM, the MAM and the Hercules, but the F-22 doesn't show up in-game at all. Not in the module list, not in the ME. Yes, I have FC3.

I have gone through the instructions multiple times. What is wrong? Thanks for any advice.

Edited by ChrisEDDF

Slowly working on setting up the F-22 commands and I've run into a problem.  On the PMFD, the OSB19 and OSB20 commands don't seem to work.  They're used for altitude adjustment of the radar.  The opposite side OSB6 and OSB7 for range map and work just fine.  Any suggestions?  Or just a bug?

3 hours ago, ChrisEDDF said:

Hi!

image.png

I have access to the CAM, the MAM and the Hercules, but the F-22 doesn't show up in-game at all. Not in the module list, not in the ME. Yes, I have FC3.

I have gone through the instructions multiple times. What is wrong? Thanks for any advice.

I think you did it right .  But perhaps we should just treat it as an update.  I'd suggest to do a thorough DCS Repair after deleting the mod plus the two shade folders under /saved games.  This routine usually does its wonders and straights things up. Then install it again and see what happens.  Good luck !

Edited by Archer_111

3 hours ago, ChrisEDDF said:

Hi!

image.png

Done EVERYTHING correctly? I’m still yet to install it myself - nowhere close to my PC - but there is mention of FC3 or the F-15C dll’s.

If it’s not showing, I’m going to guess it’s maybe a lack of them?

Failing that, in the M.E., have you unchecked the clock icon on the bottom of the editor?

Edited by garyscott

38 minutes ago, Gannon said:

I have the exat same problem as ChrisEDDF and have the same other mods installed.... could this be incompatability with one of those other mods shown?

FAQ at bottom of page < Click here. Have you seen the FAQ? Specifically ‘My F-22 won’t show up in mission editor!’ ?

Could very well be a case of some people are just jumping straight in and expecting the Raptor to be there and working, this mod seems to require a little understanding in the different way in which it is added to the sim. I wish I was near my PC, but going by others who seem to have added it and get airborne, it could possibly be that you have not read everything about its installation etc. 
YouTube has several very recent videos highlighting installation.

And don’t forget, setting up flight axes in sim is different to all other sim aircraft.

Edited by garyscott

Ok, I have found the problem. My download of the zip file was somehow corrupted. After unpacking, I only had the F-22A.lua file in the main directory of the mod.

I have re-downloaded the file and re-unpacked. Now I have 5 lua files in the main directory.

Problem solved. Mod works.

In case anybody wonders, this is the correct file structure

image.png

Edited by ChrisEDDF

5 hours ago, ChrisEDDF said:

Ok, I have found the problem. My download of the zip file was somehow corrupted. After unpacking, I only had the F-22A.lua file in the main directory of the mod.

I have re-downloaded the file and re-unpacked. Now I have 5 lua files in the main directory.

Problem solved. Mod works.

In case anybody wonders, this is the correct file structure

image.png

Welcome on board to Raptor land 😊!

For anyone who wants to set up a fight with a Su-35S, download the file called Su-35S_2.55_sfm. rar from this link

https://yadi.sk/d/QKf5bvr737VH4t/Моды для DCS World

It is a mod of Su-35S with sfm produced by ISVA. It features with a full 360-degree thrust-vectoring capability based on Su-27 and Su-33 airframes.  AND it can carry two upgraded missiles : R-77M and R-73L. Very cool stuff 🤩.

Their link on the forum is here :

20 hours ago, Konfucius said:

Slowly working on setting up the F-22 commands and I've run into a problem.  On the PMFD, the OSB19 and OSB20 commands don't seem to work.  They're used for altitude adjustment of the radar.  The opposite side OSB6 and OSB7 for range map and work just fine.  Any suggestions?  Or just a bug?

this is a bug im sure.  i have created a new default lua that has new "special MFD and PMFD bindings".  This will allow you to bind to buttons 19 and 20 for the PMFD

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

its in the thread above....check on page 3 or 4

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals