F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

I have a problem with the pitch axis. Every other axis works perfectly but pitch won‘t. In the axis tune menu it will move the whole way but in the plane it‘s just jittering in place....

any workaround?

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Does a2a refueling work?  I'm only used to Navy probe and drogue...

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

15 hours ago, Uxi said:

Does a2a refueling work?  I'm only used to Navy probe and drogue...

A2A refuelling works, there is a GR video on the topic. 

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

• 4 weeks later...

As many of you know, I'm a big fan of the F22 and ever since it's re-release on 2/20 I've been tweaking and adjusting things for my own use.  I have no intention of releasing a second version however, I could release a mod for the mod.  I was considering two versions.  One that would be 100% compatible with the stock release of the F22 mod for multi-player and another with additional changes for single player use.  Both would REQUIRE the new version of the base MOD on the first page of this thread.

As some may know many of the files in the new version are encrypted, and as such can't be modified that much.  However, most of the cockpit scripts are not encrypted.  I first set out to make small improvements and bug fixes but then expanded to try and make the non-functional pages do something.

As I communicated to the dev team, I mean no disrespect to them in any way.  What they've released FOR FREE is in a word AWESOME.  There's nothing wrong with trying to build upon that work in my opinion.  After all, isn't that how innovation works?  Someone builds a better mouse trap by improving on the original.

Here are some screen shots of the cockpit displays I'm working on:

01.jpg

02.jpg

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would consider it done at this point.  The last modification to the ICP page added an easy to read AGL reading.  I posted a link to this thread on the DCS Facebook page but the general response was to laugh in my face.  So much for doing something nice for the community. 

• Like 1

Thanks 🙂  Sorry if I got a little salty.  I can only imagine what Joe Grinnelli felt like with all the backlash at releasing the mod both times.

In any case, just for anyone's curiosity, here are ALL of the changes I made to the version I'm using:

Personal Modifications:

Renamed Mod to "F-22A" for compatibility with existing missions in entry.lua.
Adjusted Views.lua to limit zoom and set default eye point for VR.
Added AIM-120D missile texture to DCS Weapons Textures mod. (A mod that contains modification to most A2A and A2G weapons)
Hex editied the AIM-120D.EDM file to use the AIM-120D texture.
Renamed AIM-9XX.EDM to AIM-9X3.EDM.
Renamed AIM-9XX.PNG to AIM-9X3.PNG.
Hex edited the F-22A.lua to rename AIM-9XX to AIM-9X3.
Hex edited the F-22A.lua to replace AIM-9X with AIM-9M.
Hex edited the Weapons.lua to rename AIM-9XX to AIM-9X3. (Deprecated now)
Renamed unit payloads F-22A.lua default payloads and renamed AIM-9XX to AIM-9X3.
Renamed unit payloads F-22A.lua default payloads and replaced AIM-9X with AIM-9M.
Added additional payloads using the AIM-9M.
Replaced Theme default base and loading pictures.
Adjusted canopy textures to replace clear with dark/rainbow texture.
Adjusted visor textures to replace with mirrored texture with dark/rainbow texture and black texture with dark texture.
Adjusted afternburner texture to be more pronounced.
Adjusted default texture details and incorporated those changes into all existing F-22A textures.
Separated included liveries out into a new F-22A Liveries mod file.
Adjusted Clipboards and Cockpit Photo textures for personal use.
Created various F22A checklist for left and right clipboard.
Replaced default APU sound with a modified version of the F/A-18 Horent's APU.
Edited clickabledata.lua to change some controls to non "toggleclick" Battery/Left and Right Generator.
Modified default input files with multiple additional command bindings both joystick and keyboard. (Based on changes in this thread)
Edited encyclopedia text entry to include AIM-120D missile and replaced default picture.
Modified indication textures fuel page graphics to remove second wing tank as the F-22A can only carry one tank per wing.
Modified indication textures fuel page graphics to use part of the F-22's wing and fuselage for the tank surround.
Modified indication textures HSI page graphics to include an F-22 icon in the center and spread out the nav circles.
Added MAP.DDS static map graphic, options for NTTR, Caucasus, Persian Gulf and Syria. (In separate MAPS folder, only one useable at a time currently.)
Corrected MFD menu errors on Left and Center MFD fuel pages.
Corrected non functional VVI indicator on all MFD ADI pages.  Modified graphics to accommodate working VVI display.
Renamed "TANKS" value to "EXTRL" for external fuel quantity on all fuel pages.
Edited PMFD menu_page.lua to change menu names. Renamed MENU to PMFD, TID to MAP, SYS to CHK, RDR to FCR, and CONFIG to CFG  Added logo background.
Edited PMFD menu_page.lua to add all warming messages from UFD display, G force and FCS mode status.  Added BAR and RDR, VVI, HDG and MACH values.
Edited sfm_page.lua removed "F-22A SFM DATA LOG" text and logo background.  Resized values.
Edited config_page.lua to rename the canopy and visor menu selections to match the texture edits above and removed title text.
Edited map_page.lua to display a static map and removed text.  Added HDG display.
Edited sys_page.lua to create a Landing and Take Off check list.  Added IAS display.
Edited the UFD_LEFT and UFD_RIGHT base_page.lua files to adjust ADI/FUEL display values for more useful information.
Modified UFD_LEFT and UFD_RIGHT base_page.lua files to replace warning page graphic with coded values and added VVI and AOA indicators.
Replaced indication textures CheckList page graphic with MFD OFF.DDS graphic.
Edited all MFD menus and replaced CHK with OFF.  Added Raptor Logo to background.  OFF selection used the OFF.DDS graphic.
Edited ICP page_1.lua and added altitude and heading information on the auto pilot display.  Adjusted position to match HUD display.
Edited ICP page_1.lua and added RADAR altitude diaply on left side above keypad.  Tied to avionics.
Recreated weapons.lua file with AIM-9X3 and AIM-120D based on AIM-9X and AIM-120C values.
Adjusted Entry.lua to no longer call weapons.lua.
Integrated the AIM-9X3 and AIM-120D into the DCS Realistic Weapons mod including GUI and shape files. (Another mod I use)

• Like 1

@Nightstorm Those that laugh and cast dispersions are just jealous at the level of know how you display. Ignore them.

You have made a huge improvement on an already great add on. Be proud my friend. Be damn proud.

:thumbup:

Edited by G.J.S
  • Like 1

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

I believe everything should be working fine.  Let me know if you run into an issue:

These require the full mod to be installed from the official MK II release.  Link on page one of this thread.

Then the files need to be overwritten with the files from this mod.  Back up your original mod version first if needed.

Single Player version with weapons modifications.  New AIM-120D and AIM-9X3, and AIM-9M capability.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0iahwuoozbqk5t/F-22A Single Player.7z?dl=0

Multi Player version with stock weapons.  Both versions share the other changes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47d2gu21874torf/F-22A Multi Player.7z?dl=0

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Thanks 3

Could anyone help me, please? 

I can't make the PITCH setting to work, is there anything I can do? 

I assigned everything but the pitch isn't working properly. 

My joystick is VKB MCG Gunfighter Pro 

Thank you 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Okay, thank you, but how do I control the aircraft?? 

LE : got it, thanks so much 

Edited by Lenux

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Just now, Lenux said:

Okay, thank you, but how do I control the aircraft?? 

Like any other.  You have to bind the pitch to the correct axis.  As noted in the picture I posted, do not use the regular pitch axis but use the F-22 FCS Pitch axis.  All of those instructions are on the download site.

18 minutes ago, Nightstorm said:

I believe everything should be working fine.  Let me know if you run into an issue:

These require the full mod to be installed from the official MK II release.  Link on page one of this thread.

Then the files need to be overwritten with the files from this mod.  Back up your original mod version first if needed.

Single Player version with weapons modifications.  New AIM-120D and AIM-9X3, and AIM-9M capability.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0iahwuoozbqk5t/F-22A Single Player.7z?dl=0

Multi Player version with stock weapons.  Both versions share the other changes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47d2gu21874torf/F-22A Multi Player.7z?dl=0

Question: will you be able to update the texture and roughmesh like Texas did? it looks way more realistic

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What I've done doesn't affect the exterior of the aircraft except for the canopy.  I've done a full set of textures for every F22 built but they haven't been released yet.  The textures and the template released by the dev team look great in my opinion.

*Edit* Those screenshots do look nice.  I don't know what he did though.

Edited by Nightstorm

Speaking of the liveries.  Here they are.  If I learn of a better rough material to use that might get incorporated (with permission of course).

I used the template provided and built a PSD file.  Some of these were included already in the release.  Set's A-D include every serial number delivered to the USAF represented at some point in their history.  There are no HO aircraft tails included but all of the TY tails are.

These files are already OvGME ready as that's exactly what I've used to install them.

*EDIT*  Old versions deprecated.  See this post:

I've just started the upload for the files at the time of this post, so it may take a few minutes for them to complete.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Thanks 1