F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

11 hours ago, Big Man said:

And by the way, is "Soon" Soon™ or the actual soon?

Yes, they are different, soon™ is like 6 months, and soon is well, soon.

In this case *Soon* most likely means:

1. There will be at least a few squadron liveries with the new textures today or tomorrow at the latest.

2. I will be remaking the entire F22 fleet (or most of it) using the new textures but that may take a bit as there are nearly 190 of them.  That will be released in an updated version of the texture packs found earlier in the thread.

I want to extend a heartfelt thanks to @Texac for his work on these textures and generously sharing them with the community and giving permission to include them.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Barracuda_marina said:

Guys thanks a lot for your work! I like this bird from 90th when it was first release. May be somebody remember F-22 Raptor by Novalogic? So IMHO your mod is the best implementation ever seen. Don't leave it please!

I'm a big fan of the F22 myself.  I've had the fortunate opportunity to see it perform in person at a few air shows and it is an incredible machine.  Being a fan, I've been working on the F22 mod released by Grinnelli and the F22 team to try to add some new features and minor fixes etc.  Grinnelli is aware of this mod to his mod and the content.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jerec said:

Is it possible to add A/G weapons such als free fall bombs or GBU-32 or GBU-39?

In short...I don't know yet.  The mod is using the F-15C avionics.  The F-15C is air to air only and doesn't have anything to support A/G mode that I'm aware of.

But...it's clear that some efforts have been made to that end, so the best answer I can give is "We'll see what we can get to work."

Just now, sanc2775 said:

Something wrong witch this mod after you modified but in my particular case I can't get in to the load weapons because if I try to do it my PC freeze like I said at the beginning something wrong.

Does the multiplayer version work?  That one doesn't change the weapons?  It's purely cosmetic.

I've spent the day working on the textures and setting up the text layers for the squadrons.  The first two are ready to go and I plan to do at least a couple of more tonight and upload a new version of the mod with them included.  For the time being....enjoy some screenshots and LOOK AT THE DETAIL!  @Texac has been working on these for the last month....and you can tell.  They look incredible.  Also, his updated HUD and canopy glass textures are included.  I also through in some mirrored shades....why not?

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

07.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

So, once I got started I decided to just complete the entire squadron including the two special liveries.  06-113 which is the 3rd Operations Group Raptor and 10-195 the 525th Fighter Squadron flagship bird.  10-195 was also the last F22 delivered to the USAF.  So in all, the zip contains 21 F22 liveries for the entire 525th FS.  Again, many thanks to Texac.

I'll work on additional squadrons and release them as time permits.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

Oh man, that's actually really nice to see on another computer.

I was first aiming for a clean or out of the factory appearance. You might know, the Raptor can get quite weathered and worn out, highlighting a lot more details.

So I hope to have weathered liveries in the future as well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PAKFA FAN said:

Hey! Nightstorm, please check the operation of the NUM/ and NUM* buttons. After installing the add-on on the mod, they do not work correctly. sorry my google translator

There were input files with additional commands in the mod, but nothing related to binding or keyboard keys in any way.  I can't imagine how this mod would affect the Number pad / or *.  I will check mine though.

Edited by Nightstorm

1 hour ago, Nightstorm said:

There were input files with additional commands in the mod, but nothing related to binding or keyboard keys in any way.  I can't imagine how this mod would affect the Number pad / or *.  I will check mine though.

Thanks! The commands work, but the zoom in and out does not occur along the entire length of the axis

Views.lua

1 hour ago, PAKFA FAN said:

Thanks! The commands work, but the zoom in and out does not occur along the entire length of the axis

It was the Views.lua in the root of the mod folder.  I had adjusted them from 20-140 to 80-120.  Just copy this file over top of the one you have to restore the default zoom limits.

Edited by Nightstorm

I've apparently reached the upload limit for now and can't upload any more screenshots.  So I'll just describe what's changed.

Based on a video I've seen I learned that the APU sounds were pretty much dead on accurate.  I've mixed them with the previous ones from the mod to make a unique effect that sounds pretty good in my opinion.  The originals are still in the backup folder though if you don't want to use the new ones.

My hope is to eventually have a moving map display on the PMFD similar to the one in the Hornet.  To that end, I've integrated the HSI to the map display page on the PMFD.

It will display the typical HSI elements overlaying the map.  The map is still selected automatically but is still static.  I modified the color of the steer point and course indicators to contrast with the map.

I added both this version and the previous map only version into folders under the \DCS\Mods\aircraft\F-22A\Cockpit\Scripts\PMFD_CENTER folder in MAP and HSI with day and night version.

The night version still uses the OFF page with the HSI over top of it.  The non functional HSI features were removed and the only functional button is the PMFD that takes you back to the main page.  Changing steer points and NAV/ILS modes both work the same as on the HSI.

*UPDATE* Early 4/4:  I've corrected the issues with DAY/NIGHT mode for the UFD's and the PMFD.  All warnings and entries work on all screens in both modes.  I've modified the map code so that it will automatically turn off in night mode and back on again for day mode.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0iahwuoozbqk5t/F-22A Single Player.7z?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47d2gu21874torf/F-22A Multi Player.7z?dl=0

Edited by Nightstorm

Hey there @Nightstorm just want to confirm, did I fubar my install or the fuel tanks has no textures since your last upload? 

in @Texac skins,  Description.lua refer to textures called "f22_PTB" and "f22_ptb_RoughMet" but i cant find 'em on my F22 install, they should be inside "F-22A.zip" under textures folder i guess? 

Can you confirm this so i can roll back or something?

Shoot thank you.  Just replace "22" with "15" in the LUA.  I'll fix it.  I'd renamed them but forgot to change it back as I didn't want to include a copy of the tanks with each livery.

It was commentated out in the lua file I distributed with the mod.  None the less, I uncommented it and renamed it back to F15_PTB.  If you have that are not working just rename them in the LUA file or comment them out, or copy the tanks to the local livery folder.

Edited by Nightstorm

3 minutes ago, Nightstorm said:

Shoot thank you.  Just replace "22" with "15" in the LUA.  I'll fix it.  I'd renamed them but forgot to change it back as I didn't want to include a copy of the tanks with each livery.

U don't have to... try packing those files inside the .ZIP on the folder i've mentioned before. "should" work, if not, play with those true / false values on the luas (i remember doing this on A4 skins liveries for myselfs and it did work well.

Yea that would work too.  The tanks the F22 uses are actually the F15C's 610gal tanks though.  So they already exist in the default install.  I had renamed them as I was toying with the idea of retexturing them to match a little better.  I've not gotten to that yet.

Not so fast cowboy, the texture is a work of @lee1hy 

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313566/

He's licencing tell it's free distribution, but at least uncomment something on the luas to say thanks for his work.

In worst cases, ask for permission first for a public release (he's a cool dude, sure he don't have any problem at all)

On topic, YES they look cool, try 'em ingame, it's awesome hehe, a work well done indeed, it' doesn't need a roughtmet file btw.

WHpPVIx.jpg

Edited by Mith86Arg