F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

I messaged@lee1hy about the tank textures.   Not including them w/o permission.

So after looking at various options I can't figure out a way to get the ICP or any part of it to dim for night mode with the current file encryption.  So....I made the RDR: ALT display a part of the ALT button and it will come up with the rest of the options when the ALT button is pressed for six seconds.  If an option becomes available later that might change.

So instead, I've added the BARO and RALT values to the left/right of the UFD warning page as larger text.  My old eyes have trouble reading the smaller numbers on the monitor.  VR is fine but I'm not always in VR.  So you have two larger green number displays that will always be visible telling you how high in the air you are exactly and how far above the rocks you are exactly.  And...they dim with Night mode.

I also changed things slightly on the PMFD page adding the AOA readout there.  So essentially now the PMFD has all of the same information that the UFD waring page has.  Of course you won't always have the PMFD page up.

*EDIT*

I enabled the HUD brightness control so that it can be bound to keyboard or joystick.  It only increments once per press so I suggest binding keyboard keys and using a 3rd party tool like JoytoKey or something similar to send keyboard strokes on repeat.  I found 30/second to be a good value.  They are located under F-22 Systems special section.

Downloads updated:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47d2gu21874torf/F-22A Multi Player.7z?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0iahwuoozbqk5t/F-22A Single Player.7z?dl=0

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 2

@lee1hy granted permission to include his tank texture.  It's been renamed to F22_ptb to match the lua files and included in the textures in the single player version.  The default livery has also been updated in that zip to use the textures by @Texac.  Thanks to both!  Minor change to both versions, I decreased the font size of the BARO/RALT displays on the UFD warning page by one step.  They're still very easy to read and fit the page better I think.

Downloads updated:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I did not have any problem with the original before now with these modifications I cannot fly this bird neither in singular nor in multiplayer because they both freeze the computer, what the hell is happening? It seems I am the only one who is having this problem because I do not see anyone more report the same situation maybe because I'm putting it in the standard when should I put it in the beta? Someone give me light please

3 hours ago, sanc2775 said:

I did not have any problem with the original before now with these modifications I cannot fly this bird neither in singular nor in multiplayer because they both freeze the computer, what the hell is happening? It seems I am the only one who is having this problem because I do not see anyone more report the same situation maybe because I'm putting it in the standard when should I put it in the beta? Someone give me light please

I've been trying to help.  I've responded to each of your posts asking for you log file.  I told you where to find it.  It should tell you why its crashing, provided of course that it has time to write to the log file.  I have no idea why you're having these issues.  Without more information there's no way to provide advice.  I'm running this on the open beta but if you're running the regular version of the Grinnelli F22 mod released on 2/20/21 then this should work fine too.

If you can attach your log file here right after a crash I might be able to help.

I've been working on the liveries.  The new versions will include some additional and correct markings that were in a layer that was turned off by accident.  I also modified them to remove the "Rescue" access panel from the right side of the jet just forward of the sidewinder bay.  On the real plane it's only on the left side.  Right side has no such panel.  I'll post with links when those are ready.  However, the 06-123 livery is now the default livery in the current downloads and it has all of these changes.  There is also an options folder in the default livery folder that has additional canopy and visor texture options both my Texac and myself. 

For other changes;

I've tweaked the canopy dark (black) and light (clear) textures.  I've tweaked the mirrored visor texture and tweaks to the canopy textures also apply to the visor.  All of those are included in the texture zip in the mod.  No action needed.  I've also now included the cockpit texture zip because I've added a rough material to the interior canopy for reflections and modified the canopy normal to have a few scratches that are visible when looking toward the sun.  Not too many but a few.

I also removed the additions I'd made to ICP ALT page previously as it was pointed out to me that the list of Autopilot functions is correct in the real jet.

Same links as before.  Files are larger now b/c of the cockpit textures.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for your answer  I think now what was the problem I had the regular one in beta and I try to in standard one but didn't match now I have another big problem the three d image doesn't appear in to the game is invisible what m, I'm doing wrong now?Screen_210406_215925.png

dcs.log

The attached log file looks like a normal exit and shutdown.  Was that from after a crash?  Or is it no longer crashing?

If I'm understanding you correctly, it's no longer crashing but now you can't see the aircraft 3D render in the load out page.

I can tell you that this mod would have nothing to do with that directly.  Unless it can't find the model file of the F22 to render it?  I don't know if you have other mods installed or not.  

Here are the best testing instructions I can offer.

Uninstall all mods.  Everything from saved games and main folder.

Do a repair of DCS.  This will ensure all of your files are good.

Update to the latest Open Beta or Stable, *I've not tested on Stable but as far as I know it works*

Install the Grinnelli F22 mod, link in the first post of this thread on page 1.

Then, use either the single player or multi player versions of this mod and overwrite the files from the main F22 mod.

Test and see what you get.

5 hours ago, sanc2775 said:

Thank you I fixed the issue I forgot to put the first one and after replace it thanks again!!!!

Good, I'm glad it's working.

Since I removed the modified weapons.lua that was in the initial single player release as I thought it might have been causing the crashing issue, I've replaced those files in a test version.  This is a recreation of the weapons.lua file that's encrypted by default.  It contains the AIM-9X3 and AIM-120D.  Both missiles have increased performance over their existing counterparts.  AIM-120D has increased range and speed over the 120C.  

Point of fact, while the exact capabilities of the 120D are classified, it was one of the reasons the Navy retired the Tomcat/Phoenix combination.  They could carry the then new 120D's on Super Hornets.  So that and other information gives indications that the missile has long legs.

I'd appreciate feedback on this version and if there's no problems it will become the normal Single Player version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bytast7aarvj38s/F-22A Single Player Test.7z?dl=0

Edited by Nightstorm

Can the dark texture of the cockpit glass be returned to the default? Now the default is transparent texture, the suggested alternatives (black and gold) are too bright. As for me, the texture of the cockpit glass is very balanced in the livery from 000rick000 (no markings). Only the rest of the textures in this livery are old(

7 hours ago, PAKFA FAN said:

Can the dark texture of the cockpit glass be returned to the default? Now the default is transparent texture, the suggested alternatives (black and gold) are too bright. As for me, the texture of the cockpit glass is very balanced in the livery from 000rick000 (no markings). Only the rest of the textures in this livery are old(

In the \Mods\aircraft\F-22A\Liveries\F-22A\Default\Canopy_Visor_Options folder are different options for the canopy and visor textures.

In the description.lua for the livery you'll see these lines:

--F-22A CANOPY GLASS OPTIONS
--    {"F22A_CANOPY_GLASS_GOLD",         DIFFUSE,                "F22_GLASS_GOLD", false};
--    {"F22A_CANOPY_GLASS_GOLD",         ROUGHNESS_METALLIC,        "F22_GLASS_GOLD_RoughMet", false};
--    {"F22A_CANOPY_GLASS_BLACK",        DIFFUSE,                "f22_glass_black", false};
--    {"F22A_CANOPY_GLASS_BLACK",        ROUGHNESS_METALLIC,        "F22_GLASS_BLACK_RoughMet", false};
--    {"F22A_CANOPY_GLASS_CLEAR",        DIFFUSE,                "f22_glass_clear", false};
--    {"F22A_CANOPY_GLASS_CLEAR",        ROUGHNESS_METALLIC,        "F22_GLASS_CLEAR_RoughMet", false};

--F-22A    SUNGLASSES
--    {"Sunglasses",                    DIFFUSE,                "f22_aviators", false};
--    {"Sunglasses",                    ROUGHNESS_METALLIC,        "F22_AVIATORS_RoughMet", false};    

--F-22A VISOR GLASS OPTIONS
--    {"F22A_VISOR_MIRROR",            DIFFUSE,                "helmet_glass_mirror", false};
--    {"F22A_VISOR_MIRROR",            ROUGHNESS_METALLIC,        "HELMET_GLASS_MIRROR_RoughMet", false};
--    {"F22A_VISOR_GOLD",                DIFFUSE,                "helmet_glass_gold", false};
--    {"F22A_VISOR_GOLD",                ROUGHNESS_METALLIC,        "HELMET_GLASS_GOLD_RoughMet", false};
--    {"F22A_VISOR_TINTED",            DIFFUSE,                "f22_glass_black", false};
--    {"F22A_VISOR_TINTED",            ROUGHNESS_METALLIC,        "F22_GLASS_BLACK_RoughMet", false};
--    {"F22A_VISOR_CLEAR",            DIFFUSE,                "f22_glass_clear", false};
--    {"F22A_VISOR_CLEAR",            ROUGHNESS_METALLIC,        "F22_GLASS_CLEAR_RoughMet", false};

Copy the canopy texture you want to use into the livery, make sure it's named as indicated in the description.lua and just uncomment the line.

For example.  I want to replace the black canopy texture file like you asked.

Copy F22_GLASS_BLACK.dds to livery folder and change the line above to this:  (I've attached the one you talked about from the No Marking livery by 000rick000)

{"F22A_CANOPY_GLASS_BLACK",        DIFFUSE,                "f22_glass_black", false};

Now it will use whatever file you chose for the dark canopy texture.

Edited by Nightstorm

A few screenshots showing off the current cockpit and latest liveries from this afternoon.  43rd FS Hornets out of Tyndal/Eglin AFB.

So far the following squadrons are complete including flagships.

525th Bulldogs AK

90th Dicemen AK

95th Boneheads TY

43rd Hornets TY work in progress.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Thanks 1

Hi

I've just discovered this and read through the thread. There are a lot of links in a lot of posts so I'm not sure where to start. As someone who has not installed anything yet, what link do I need to follow to start from scratch, in order to get the F22 itself as well as the Liveries described in this thread? 

As a suggestion, would it be possible to maintain the original first post with the most recent links? At the moment I see only a link to the Grinnelli F22, but all the other links are to Dropbox, so I don't think they are the same thing. Or am I wrong about that? 

Thanks and sorry if I'm being thick.

Edited by Sandmonkee

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

10 hours ago, FoxHoundELite said:

Question : how can i switch the color of the canopy to normal one instead of golden?

You can simply change a or add a line in the description.lua. It looks as follows:

custom_args = 
{

[619] = 0.0, -- 0=Gold, 0.5=Dark, 1.0=Clear

}

Argument 619 controls the material or color of the canopy. By setting it to 0.0 you get the Gold texture, 0.5 Dark texture and 1.0 Clear.

Edited by Texac
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, FoxHoundELite said:

Question : how can i switch the color of the canopy to normal one instead of golden?

On the PMFD lower left is a button labeled "CONFIG" hit it and you'll get options that you can cycled through and change them live while in the cockpit.  Another option, is to look in the config.lua file included with a livery and at the bottom is a section for custom arguments with definitions.  If you always want it to have the dark canopy for example you'd change that line 0.5 instead of 0.0.  Example:  [619] = 0.0, -- 0=Gold, 0.5=Dark, 1.0=Clear/0=Gold, 0.5=Dark, 1.0=Light

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 7:11 AM, Sandmonkee said:

Hi

I've just discovered this and read through the thread. There are a lot of links in a lot of posts so I'm not sure where to start. As someone who has not installed anything yet, what link do I need to follow to start from scratch, in order to get the F22 itself as well as the Liveries described in this thread? 

As a suggestion, would it be possible to maintain the original first post with the most recent links? At the moment I see only a link to the Grinnelli F22, but all the other links are to Dropbox, so I don't think they are the same thing. Or am I wrong about that? 

Thanks and sorry if I'm being thick.

The main mod link is on the first page of this thread.  D/L and install it and make *sure* you read the instructions on that page too.  There are very specific axis that need to be set up in order for the Raptor to work correctly.  Once you're good to go there.  You can d/l the mods I've been working on at any of the links as they're all the same.  However, I'll add them again.

These are not OvGME installers but you could set it up that way if you want.  I'd suggest just copying and overwriting the files in the main mod with them.

First is Multi-Player that has no weapons changes but affects the cockpit displays and the default livery.  (You'll see the livery on other players even if they don't have this mod and they'll see the original if they don't have it, but no affect otherwise on multi.)

Then there is a single player version that includes changes to the weapons and some of their textures.  There's a version that uses the stock weapons.lua from the base mod only modified to rename the 9XX to 9X3 and there's a test version where I've replaced that weapons.lua with a custom one increasing the performance of the AIM-120D.  I've been using the "test" version for a month.  I only removed that version b/c of some reported crashing that I don't think was related to the mod at all.

However, since the weapons are modified in the single player version....I don't know what the results would be in multiplayer.  Perhaps an unfair advantage to the person with the mod, or perhaps it wouldn't connect.  I don't know.

*EDIT* Liveries in the next post.  Test version returned to normal Single Player version as there is no indication of an issue with it.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1