F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

12/30/21 updates:

Renamed Default Display Mode to Default MFD/Cancel Override.  Added Navmode cycle to the command so that it will cancel Dogfight mode and return both displays and HUD to default.

So now when in either dogfight mode, pressing the Default/Cancel command will set HUD to navigation mode and all displays to default.

Both versions updated.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RaptorFighter said:

Thank you NightStorm for Your unique Work in 2021 and look forward to new ideas in 2022! Happy New Year!🍾🥂

Happy New Year to you and everyone else as well 🙂

I've really enjoyed working on the Raptor.  I hope to be to expand that work,

I've got some ideas for other things, but they would require access to more of the systems and I don't want to overtax the generosity of Grinnelli and the team. 🙂 I'm grateful that I've been able to accomplish what I have.

• Like 2

This might be the last change for the year 🙂

Updates 12/31/21.

I've added HUD brightness and color controls at the bottom of the ADV, ENG and CHK pages.  I've set up the brightness control to change in increments of ten for every button press so that you don't have to press them all day.  You can go from one extreme to the other in ten presses.

Both versions updated.

HUD.jpg

ADV.jpg

CHK.jpg

ENG.jpg

• Like 2

Updates 1/1/22  Happy New Year!

Adjusted PMFD CHK page to determine which checklist should be shown based on master arm status.  In ground safe, the takeoff checklist is shown.  In air safe, the landing checklist is shown.  In air armed, an advisory to set safe is displayed.  Increased font size to match that of ADV page.

Both versions updated.

CHKA.jpg

CHKB.jpg

• Like 2

Note that the exhaust appears oval shaped.

The real thing followed by the changes.

Both versions updated, though only the single player version will have the full effects as there were some code changes in the F22.lua.

F22_Burner.jpg

Burner.jpg

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 5

Updates 1/8/22

Adjusted systems pages for PMFD/MFD.  Removed "OPEN" indicator from lower right.  Added "PAGE" label for OSB 11.  Set AAR indicators to teal color to match fuel.  Added AAR DOOR and BAY DOOR warnings to system message window.
Message window will still show the highest priority message.  Order is as follows:  SYSTEM NOMINAL > AAR DOOR > BAY DOOR > GROUND ORIDE > LOW FUEL > MASTER CUATION.  Updated night versions of the pages.
Adjusted PMFD System and FUEL pages to include all four gauges (RPM, EGT, OIL, HYD)  Updated night versions of the pages.
Tweaked the AB textures and included modifications by Texac.

Both versions updated.

*EDIT* Added "PAGE" menu option on OSB11 for remaining MFD pages that didn't have it.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 4

I also continued to work on the Raptor, specifically it's textures and in the past months I took the challenge to create a weathered Raptor. I focused on replicating a worn out RAM coating, replaced parts, leaks, gas residues, etc. while also adding more little details or previously missing parts all over the aircraft.

I'm showcasing them here in this thread as well since these new textures are going to be part of Nightstorms Enhancement Mod for the GrinnelliDesigns Raptor.

Below is a collection of screenshots with the current state of these textures in various lightning conditions. They are not yet completed so some areas or parts are still being worked on (WIP).

Alternatively you can view a whole album of 60 images on imgur. https://imgur.com/gallery/RgN1Ivd

21319fB.png

dBsORQR.png

P8ClQFU.png

oNnPQhC.png

ym59RAt.png

72HR2sm.png

cYXmx3f.png

GLFvZHb.png

Edited by Texac
  • Like 7

11 hours ago, Arkid77 said:

Hi, sorry to bother but just for clarification, I extract the "MissionEditor" "Mods" and "Sounds" into the DCS folder located in Saved Games correct? With of course the GrinnelliDesigns's F-22 already installed.

Yes, that is correct.  Everything from the single player version installs into saved games folder over top of the already installed GrinnelliDesigns's F-22.  The ONLY exception is, IF you are also using the F-16 CFT mod there is a conflicting file that is installed by it into the main game folder.  For that reason, there's an external stores mod on the first page that details the changes needed to the F22 single player version.

1 hour ago, RaptorFighter said:

Hello Nightstorm! I would like to have the radar is already «Оn»; the vertical scan mode and the weapon in the "Armed" mode when switching to «Dogfight MFD Override». If it is possible of course. Sincerely,...

So, is it possible to send multiple commands with a single defined button press?  Yes, it is.  The issue is there is only one command for RADAR Power ON/OFF.  So, if it were on, it would turn it off and if were off it would turn it on.  There's no way that I know of to get the current state of anything from the RADAR.  If I could, I'd be able to adjust the HSD range ring based on the RADAR range.  Also, the Master Arm is typically handled by the switch in the cockpit.  Having the Master Arm automatically change to armed when you go to Dogfight mode wouldn't make a lot of sense and defeats the purpose of having to set the Master Arm from SAFE to ARMED.

I'll experiment with the mode though.  I think I can do something there.

Edited by Nightstorm

Updated 1/10/22.

Adjusted "DOGFIGHT" mode to automatically switch over to VS mode as well as configure MFD's.
Adjusted "DefaultMode" to cancel override and turn off RADAR as well as configure MFD's.
Added a 'BVRMode" to automatically switch to BVR missile mode, turn on the RADAR and configure MFD's.  New command in the HOTAS section.
Adjusted HSD RADAR range graphic to be Yellow in Ground Safe, Blue in Air Safe and Red when Armed based on Master Arm condition.

As @RaptorFighter suggested I've made some changes to the MFD mode commands, and I created a new one.

Ground override still prevents the RADAR from turning on in BVR mode, but it will still turn on in Dogfight mode.  (It always did this.)

In the air, Dogfight mode will turn the RADAR on, set the displays and select sidewinders in 10-mile vertical scan mode. 

BVR Missile Mode will turn the RADAR on, set the displays and select BVR Mode.

Override Cancel will now turn the RADAR off and reset the displays to default.

This means that BVR Missile Mode and Override cancel can also be used to cycle the RADAR power on/off.

For example, you go from a RADAR off state to Dogfight mode.  Then directly to BVR Mode.  The RADAR would turn off, so you simply select BVR Missile Mode again to turn it back on.

However, if you go from a RADAR off state to BVR Missile Mode and then directly to Dogfight Mode, the RADAR will turn on when in BVR Missile Mode and stay on when in Dogfight mode, but you'll have the AMRAAMs selected.

This all seems to work pretty well.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I've also circled back to the HSD displays and made the RADAR cone change color based on Master Arm state.  I experimented with Green for "air safe" but it really seems to me to look better with contrast, so I stuck with the blue.

Both versions updated.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 3

In my opinion, it is more logical to leave it as it was in the previous version. Blue is the color of cold, that is, "Off mode". Red is the color of hot, that is, "On mode". Besides, it is not right to overload the pilot's eyes with the tiresome abundance of distracting colors. Not need to ripple in the eyes.

I'm not trying to impose my opinion in any way. I've just express only my point of view. Sincerely,…

Edited by RaptorFighter
Исправление
  • Thanks 2