F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

6 hours ago, Nightstorm said:

Here's some comparison shots.  In these I've changed the range rings to blue, similar to the Viper, and the blue matches other displays.  And I made the AIR SAFE cone green.

I haven't decided which I prefer.

Thoughts?

ALT01.jpg

ALT02.jpg

ALT03.jpg

Haven't visited this forum in a while.  Is this a overlay for the TEWS page or the radar itself?

3 minutes ago, Thunder Chicken22 said:

Haven't visited this forum in a while.  Is this a overlay for the TEWS page or the radar itself?

Neither actually.  It's a new page added to the PMFD.  I've added various functionality to it, but the most critical thing it can't do is show contact information from either the RWR or the RADAR.  I'm hoping I'll be able to figure that out at some point.  Many changes have occurred over the last couple of months.  The readme.txt does document them, as well as the last few pages in this thread.

• Like 1

Everything that i can tell (unless i missed something in the install of the latest MP file) is the 120D and 9xx both are missing launch zones. They will track normally, you just dont have a LZ on the hud or RDR screen. This is on the MP version

12 hours ago, LeeHrvy said:

Everything that i can tell (unless i missed something in the install of the latest MP file) is the 120D and 9xx both are missing launch zones. They will track normally, you just dont have a LZ on the hud or RDR screen. This is on the MP version

@LeeHrvy, that is correct.  The multi-player version doesn't make any changes to the original mod weapons or F22.lua file from the original release.  The weapons.lua from the original release contains that information but is encrypted.  The file date is 2/19/21 and 6kb in size.  It hasn't been updated to take the December DLZ changes into account. 

Even if I could decrypt the file and make the corrections, which may or may not be possible, that would go against the idea of having a multi-player version that ONLY has changes that affect the player.  If you had a version of the multi-player that had such changes and someone else didn't then there would be a disparity.  As it currently stands, every multi-player version of the F22 won't have the proper DLZ information for those missiles.

I would suggest contacting @GrinnelliDesignsabout that.  Adding the new DLZ information is relatively simple.  An updated version of that file could be released.

I've attached a reference file for the aforementioned changes in case it would be of use to them.

DLZ_Refference.lua

6 hours ago, Maverick263 said:

where it is possible change the yellow canopy color??

@Maverick263 Every F22 livery file has this section:

custom_args = 
{

[619] = 0.0, -- 0=Gold, 0.5=Dark, 1.0=Clear/0=Gold, 0.5=Dark, 1.0=Light
[620] = 0.0, -- GARFIELD STUFFY ON=1.0, OFF=0 
[621] = 0.0, -- VISOR, 0=Silver, 0.1=Gold, 0.2=Dark, 0.3=Clear, 0.35=NONE, 1.0=Aviators

}

Make the changes to the values in the livery as show above.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

@RotoFly Modeling is not my area.  I can dabble here and there but I don't know much about what's needed.

However, I think that once the animations and connectors are all set up in the model and it's exported to an EDM, you'd just point the shape path in the LUA to the model.

Of course, it would be very useful if the UV Map on the model worked with the existing textures.  Otherwise, any new model you created would need all new textures.

• Like 1

This is most likely a stolen cockpit from Microsoft Flight Simulator X or P3D. For this, the author of the post may receive a warning and a ban. There are switches in the cockpit of your mod, which are not on the screen =)....

Edited by Tangentorf

Безымянный-2.png

While I certainly appreciate the interest and enthusiasm, if this model is work from another source, we would want to have documented permission to use it in a free mod before it could be used.  And, personally, the existing cockpit and model work very well and are not in need of replacement.  

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 2

While this isn't a new mod, many people may not know about it.  I first posted this mod over a year ago.  I've added links to it on the first page and I'll update it shortly to include the Eurofighter and some other recent editions.

Western RWR database mod.  This mod is separate but includes changes that apply to the F22 and many other mods.  It's an updated database file for the RWR so that included mod aircraft are identified properly on the RWR.   No more <U> for UNKNOWN.   I've added many popular mods to this file and will continue to update it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xiroer126ddh9xj/DCS RWR Symbology.zip?dl=0

DCS RWR Symbology (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

The RWR mod has been updated with current mods and RADAR guided missiles released recently.  Including, Eurofighter, JAS39C, Rafale and Super Etendard Pack.

If you find something missing, let me know.  I don't know of every mod out there of course.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xiroer126ddh9xj/DCS RWR Symbology.zip?dl=0

DCS RWR Symbology (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

• Like 1

my trim does not work!  the lights are pink!

i do that in the lua

{typename = "spotlight", connector = "TAXI_PNT", argument = 709, proto = lamp_prototypes.LFS_P_27_1000,  dir_correction = {elevation = math.rad(3)}},--"MAIN_SPOT_PTR_01","RESERV_SPOT_PTR","MAIN_SPOT_PTL",

now it is white

I don't know about the trim yet

f22.jpg

licht weiss.jpg

Edited by Maverick263
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

Hello Nightstorm! It's need to add the MICA_NG missile.

@RaptorFighter

You mean the RWR database?  Sure.  MICA_NG is the name of the missile?  What mod includes that missile?  Thanks.

*EDIT* Found it.  It's in the Rafale mod and there's two versions IR and Radar guided.  I'm adding the NG to the database.

RWR database updated.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Maverick263 said:

my trim does not work!  the lights are pink!

i do that in the lua

{typename = "spotlight", connector = "TAXI_PNT", argument = 709, proto = lamp_prototypes.LFS_P_27_1000,  dir_correction = {elevation = math.rad(3)}},--"MAIN_SPOT_PTR_01","RESERV_SPOT_PTR","MAIN_SPOT_PTL",

now it is white

I don't know about the trim yet

@Maverick263

I was unaware that the lights section in the F22.lua did anything at all.  I've removed it and had the same lights.  What value did you change to change the color?  I've experimented in the past to try and make them brighter, but it seemed to be controlled by the EDM file.

Chech here for pitch trim: From the main download.  I use a 3rd party program called "JoytoKey" and set it up that it autorepeats the pitch trim 8 times per second.  That's how I solved for the issues described below.  That way, I was able to just hold the trim down to adjust.  Joytokey sends keyboard commands when controller buttons are pressed so you'll have to bind a keyboard command to the pitch up/down.

JoyToKey - Download the Latest Official Version 

NOTE: Pitch Trim must be bound to FCS TRIM: NOSE UP/DWN

NOTE: FCS Pitch Trim must be repeatedly pressed to adjust.

NOTE: Thrust Vectoring Animations are for effect and not functional

Edited by Nightstorm

I have change the red line with the green line

{typename = "spotlight", connector = "TAXI_PNT", argument = 709, dir_correction = {elevation = math.rad(-1)}},--"MAIN_SPOT_PTR_02","RESERV_SPOT_PTR"

proto = lamp_prototypes.LFS_P_27_1000,  dir_correction = {elevation = math.rad(3)}},--"MAIN_SPOT_PTR_01","RESERV_SPOT_PTR","MAIN_SPOT_PTL",

• Thanks 1

Yea, that's been mentioned 😉  I can't promise anything, but it's a possibility.  I think it reads "065" on the side.  That would make it Raptor 04-065 last known to be assigned to the 27th FS with the FF tail code.  Also note the checkerboard tail pattern like the Nellis 433rd WPS squadron.  So, I'd hazard a guess that's the squadron this bird is assigned to currently.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

Update 1/14/22.

Added F22 Raptor engine sounds by Echo19, used with permission.  These still replace the default SU-25 engine sound effects currently.  A backup folder with both versions is included.

Both versions updated.

There is the possibility of additional authentic F22 sound effects being integrated in the near future.  I'd like to eliminate the dependency on shared FC3 sound effects as well.

• Like 4

@Thunder Chicken22 asked a question the other day about the HSD page.  He wanted to know if it was an overlay for an existing page.  I told him no, it was a new page.

However, that got me thinking about making a similar looking overlay for the RWR page to tie it in with the other displays.  So, a couple of hours or so of work later resulted in an overlay for the RWR page that I think works pretty well.  The limits of the RWR line up with the ring at their 30-degree increments.  I made the range circles almost pure blue so that contacts will be clearly visible.  The display will now easily give you the relative bearing to the RWR signal and relative range as before.  I matched up the RADAR cone on the PMFD to the same blue color.  The "SEL" buttons on the RWR are just for looks.  There's no additional functionality beyond the buttons that are already labeled.

Both versions updated.

RWR01.jpg

RWR02.jpg

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 3