F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

6 hours ago, mrjay said:

Awesome!! Keep up good work!

By the way, is RWR implemented as lua script or it is in .dll?

The F15C RWR is called from the F15 avionics.  I don't know the particulars of how that hook works.  The overlay part is lua script.

6 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

Hello, Nightstorm! I suggest, if possible, to use the SEL buttons to turn the radiation warning sound "on" and "off"... or sound filter...

I was wondering if there was a volume control.  I know there's the MODE and that changes from priority alerts on/off.  And I'd added ECM on/off already.  I'll look to see if there's something else.  If there are other useful controls, I cand add them.

*EDIT* I found the volume up/down for the RWR.  I'm in the process of implementing that.  I'll change the label to "VOL".

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1/15/22.  Changes to the RWR volume control are live.

OSB 16 and 17 labels changed to "VOL".

The volume up/down will adjust the RWR threat warning volume in 20% increments. Five clicks or presses to cycle the full range from max to zero volume.

Both versions updated.

RWR01.jpg

RWR02.jpg

• Like 5

Yea, I wanted something on the side to help with the "offset" of the RWR itself.  As you're probably aware that's a function of the cockpit EDM file.  The RWR placement is defined in there and can't be adjusted w/o access to the original model to export to EDM again.  It's not off center by much, but it is a little.  I had to position the additional elements to align with it.  And that created a bit of a gap on the left side.

I added those button labels just to help fill in the space and was wondering if there was a volume control, as that would be perfect.  Well, turns out there is.  And, personally I can find the loud alerting to be annoying at times.  Two problems resolved and additional functionality added. 🙂

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

Hello Nightstorm! There was another thought in addition to the one You made on the RWR screen. There is such a command RWR mode (RShift + R). I propose to consider adding it to the RWR screen as an active button on the left side of the right screen. Thanks in advance. Sincerely,...

Безымянный.jpg

Безымянный.jpg

Edited by RaptorFighter
Дополнение

5 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

Hello Nightstorm! There was another thought in addition to the one You made on the RWR screen. There is such a command RWR mode (RShift + R). I propose to consider adding it to the RWR screen as an active button on the left side of the right screen. Thanks in advance. Sincerely,...

RWR Mode is already there.  In fact, it was one of the original commands on the RWR screen.  It's button 15, the one labeled "MODE".  It toggles the RWR priority mode on/off.  There don't appear to be any other RWR commands that work.  I found two called intensity increase/decrease that I thought might be for the brightness, but they have no effect.  So, mode, volume and toggling ECM are the ones that make sense to me.

Edited by Nightstorm

41 minutes ago, RaptorFighter said:

Nightstorm, I don't remember if there was discussion about the possibility of animating the disappearance of the missile launched symbol from the internal bays (after launch). I think if this option were implemented, it would be a big plus for the bay indication.

Yea I agree.  I thought about that too.  The problem is once again, you need to be able to determine when a missile is gone and even more useful, which one.   That would need to be a variable that can be defined in the MFD_system.lua.  And then, based on that variable, you can display the white icons for the missiles.

I would presume the Grinnelli team attempted this based on the notes on the d/l page for the mod:

NOTE: The white dots indicate what bay is selected not how many missiles you have left in the bay.

NOTE: If you have two AIM-9X equipped the LEFT side will always fire before the RIGHT side!

NOTE: This page does not replace the standard F-15 SMS Page

I don't know of a way to get that information from the F15C avionics.  I'm not saying it's not possible, I don't know how. 

Here's my wish list of things I'd like to get from or be able to change in the avionics as well as some things I've learned:

RADAR power state.  Is it on?  Is it off?

RADAR range.  What is it?  As it changes can we get a variable?

RADAR contact information.  Where is the contact?  Friend or Foe?

RWR contact information.  Where is the contact?  What is the contact?

HUD information.  What are the missile types besides A2A, A2B, A2C, 9L, 9M, 9X? 

(The only reason we can use 3rd party missiles is b/c it sees them as AIM-120A or AIM-9L)

HUD elements.  It'd be great to be able and edit them.

SMS missile information.  Types and where are they loaded relative to hardpoint? 

(F15 avionics displays the name based on the last four letters of the missile model name if they have an AIM- prefix, or the name of the model file itself.  So, an AIM-120ABCD reads as 120ABCD.  But a PTYHON-5 would read as a PYTHON-5 so you need to rename the model to PYTH, so it reads PYTH or there isn't room to display the names.  Since most of the missiles the Raptor would carry start with AIM- that doesn't matter a lot.  However, I was using it to test modifications to other missiles like the Meteor, IRIS-T, PYTHON-5, ASRAAM, A-DARTER etc.)

Changing the SMS page elements.  It would be awesome to replace it with a schematic of the Raptor with the missiles in the corresponding bay locations.

And by having any of the above information that was in the form of a variable that could be defined, we could use them in MFD/PMFD displays.  At the present time though, I don't know if it's possible to get that information.

I'll keep working on it, and as a community, if we can learn anything more that could be useful or implemented, please speak up 🙂

Edited by Nightstorm

36 minutes ago, RaptorFighter said:

If I understand correctly, access to file MFD_system.lua is not possible?

No, I've been using that to make the changes.  What's not currently possible, is access to avionics information.  

Basically, the HUD, RADAR, RWR, SMS pages.  I can edit background and add elements, but I can't alter what's already there or obtain information from them.

In the example above, I don't have a variable that tells me when the RADAR is on or off or it's range.  Obviously, those exist, but they exist in the encrypted F15.dll.

If I were able to get that kind of information, I could do more.  But then again, so could every other person working on a third-party mod.

Edited by Nightstorm

34 minutes ago, RaptorFighter said:

Let's wait for an answer from Nightstorm...

Actually, I gave that answer a few posts back already:  "I can edit background and add elements, but I can't alter what's already there or obtain information from them."

The F22 mod is designed to use the F15C avionics.  That's one of the limitations unfortunately.

Edited by Nightstorm

11 минут назад, Nightstorm сказал:

Actually, I gave that answer a few posts back already:  "I can edit background and add elements, but I can't alter what's already there or obtain information from them."

The F22 mod is designed to use the F15C avionics.  That's one of the limitations unfortunately.

Well, the silhouette of the plane on the screen, perhaps, will not spoil the picture, but about adding an additional grid, I have big doubts... But this is just my personal opinion and it may be wrong...

I tested in VR and non-VR and all of the normal elements are perfectly visible.  There are two factors, first, I made the color that same blue that appears much darker than the green, and second, the green RADAR elements are all on top of background.  

However, if someone doesn't like them there are two options.  Edit the radar_page.lua located in .\Mods\aircraft\F-22A\Cockpit\Scripts\PMFD_CENTER and comment out the lines that load the textures;

local RDR_BASE                = MakeMaterial(LockOn_Options.script_path.."../Scripts/IndicationTextures/RDR_base.dds", WhiteColor)--SYSTEM TEST
local RDR_RING                = MakeMaterial(LockOn_Options.script_path.."../Scripts/IndicationTextures/RDR_ring.dds", BlueColor)--SYSTEM TEST

Or remove the textures from .\Mods\aircraft\F-22A\Cockpit\Scripts\IndicationTextures.

RDR_base.dds

RDR_ring.dds

What you're talking about is exactly what I said in the first sentence of posting about this.  I didn't want to clutter the display.  After testing it though, I think it works well.

I also added some additional data at the very top of the RADAR display.  It's just green text and I sized it to match as best as I could.  The font isn't the same as the RADAR data font for the previously mentioned reasons.  That comes from the F15.dll.  I added the barometric, RADAR and heading data.

Note that the extra lines are at the top of the display, and if you're playing in regular display mode w/o any headtracking the UFC will be in the way and cut part of it off.  Also, in the screenshots below, the second one I locked up a helicopter that was taking off in front of me moving across my nose left to right at probably 150 meters or less.  So that's what a target locked at point blank range looks like.

Both versions updated.

RDR01.jpg

RDR02.jpg

• Like 2