F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

Congrats for this amazing mod. Awesome job and community. 

I am new at DCS so forgive me if I say something  stupid.

Regarding the guns, why is only making noise and no real bullets coming out? The original mod has yellow bullet traces but this improved one does not. Any easy way to set the traces bullets in yellow by default without the mission editor? 

Does anyone have a profile for the Warthog? What are you mapping to the Hotas? The radar is something I have not seen mapped in any video or post out there. 

Thank you!

Edited by KCOOL

On 11/12/2020 at 2:03 PM, GrinnelliDesigns said:

I assume you edited the entry file to remove the F-15.dll from being called. While this might work, its not operating on a terrible SFM, the plane will not fly well at all.(The reason it was put over the F-15 was for Virtual Airshow fun/theater) That's also why all the internal commands stopped working, the dll was controlling everything you mentioned above that is not working. The mod was killed by ED for a good reason, its a shame we can't just let her go.

Umm idk what I did but I am running the most current version 2.7 something and I am still able to use your mod and it works perfectly fine for me and all I did is follow the instructions. Sooo idk

1 hour ago, Crashsolution43 said:

Umm idk what I did but I am running the most current version 2.7 something and I am still able to use your mod and it works perfectly fine for me and all I did is follow the instructions. Sooo idk

The time stamp on the post you're referencing is from November of 2020.  That was three months before the new version of the F22 mod was released.  💀 = Necro post!  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I believe he's referring to this:  After updating to version 2.7.11.21408.1, the radio stopped working on all third-party mods. This is what the developers did. I hope it's not with malicious intent.

Which I reported here and it was confirmed.  The current Open Beta and "Stable" are the exact same code base.  So the radio's are currently broken in both.

• Like 1

4 часа назад, Nightstorm сказал:

I believe he's referring to this:  After updating to version 2.7.11.21408.1, the radio stopped working on all third-party mods. This is what the developers did. I hope it's not with malicious intent.

Which I reported here and it was confirmed.  The current Open Beta and "Stable" are the exact same code base.  So the radio's are currently broken in both.

In the new version 2.7.11.22211 the radio has been fixed.

1 hour ago, RaptorFighter said:

In the new version 2.7.11.22211 the radio has been fixed.

No, it hasn't.  And that was confirmed in the post I linked.  The radio filters still have no effect.  And you have to turn off allied radio reports to silence them. AWACS still won't stop reporting constantly as long as there are contacts to report.  You used to be able to use the filters and silence everyone except your wingman unless you were talking to them.

11 часов назад, Nightstorm сказал:

No, it hasn't.  And that was confirmed in the post I linked.  The radio filters still have no effect.  And you have to turn off allied radio reports to silence them. AWACS still won't stop reporting constantly as long as there are contacts to report.  You used to be able to use the filters and silence everyone except your wingman unless you were talking to them.

I can't say anything about the filters yet. Didn't check.  There was only dead silence from its own AWACS and wingman, and there were not even text messages in the previous version . Now there is both sound and text.

7 hours ago, RaptorFighter said:

I can't say anything about the filters yet. Didn't check.  There was only dead silence from its own AWACS and wingman, and there were not even text messages in the previous version . Now there is both sound and text.

They did fix several Radio related bugs.  In the process I think they broke the filters.  For FC3 based modules and related mods, like the F22, the filter has no affect currently.  That's what I reported and it was confirmed.  The Open Beta was then pushed to "Stable" a few days or so later.  Any time there's a new release of a campaign or whatever, unless there are significant bugs that require a hotfix, you can bet OB will be pushed to "stable".

I keep putting "stable" in "" because it's a joke in my opinion, to call it that.  There's Open Beta, slightly less open Beta.  In my opinion, there is ZERO advantage to run "stable".  You might as well always run Open Beta and have access to stuff sooner, and, you can always revert back to the previous one if something gets seriously broken.

3 часа назад, Nightstorm сказал:

They did fix several Radio related bugs.  In the process I think they broke the filters.  For FC3 based modules and related mods, like the F22, the filter has no affect currently.  That's what I reported and it was confirmed.  The Open Beta was then pushed to "Stable" a few days or so later.  Any time there's a new release of a campaign or whatever, unless there are significant bugs that require a hotfix, you can bet OB will be pushed to "stable".

I keep putting "stable" in "" because it's a joke in my opinion, to call it that.  There's Open Beta, slightly less open Beta.  In my opinion, there is ZERO advantage to run "stable".  You might as well always run Open Beta and have access to stuff sooner, and, you can always revert back to the previous one if something gets seriously broken.

I agree. That's why I use both versions. Beta and Stable. And I always make a copy of the previous version.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated F-22A External Weapons add on for DCS 2.7.12.23362 Open Beta.  There were changes to the entry.lua for new equipment.

Also updated both the external weapons add on and the Single Player version for the new missile exhaust plume effect that ED implemented.  The position needed to be adjusted.

Links are the same in the first post.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, ke51 said:

Hi I'm enjoying your mods, tell me, do you know the file where the AI also turns on the navigation lights like the F15 does when the AI flies at night or in formation?

I don't know what controls that.

• Like 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Hello, for a couple of weeks now I have accessed the introductory link of the original mod, but there is a bug with the dns that the way it turned into a transition. Would someone give a link where I could download the original mod?

Screenshot_20220518-134432_Samsung Internet.png

From the GrinnelliDesigns Discord channel:

Panic — 04/30/2022
Here is the download link for the F-22. https://www.mediafire.com/file/d75yuv540r38qr4/Community_F-22A_Mod_Version_II.zip/file

This appears to be the new "official" distribution of the original mod.

On 5/19/2022 at 10:31 AM, mrjay said:

OK ... link to original grinelli design mod doesn't work. Nightstorm could you reupload?

Updated link provided by the GrinnelliDesigns team.  Updated in first post as well.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2022 at 7:44 AM, cerealex said:

Can I install this on saved games folder or only works on DCS root folder?

Unfortunately, the RWR database file only works when installed in the main folder.  It's ignored in the Saved Games folder.

• Like 1