F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

14 hours ago, KIM_12 said:

Thanks for updating the link. I now have a question regarding multiplayer. Are there any servers where I can use this jet?

I don't know.  Maybe someone else has that answer.  I have two versions though, one intended for multi-player that doesn't change any of the weapons or aircraft stats from the stock F22 release.  That version, in theory, should pass integrity check on a server that allows mods.

• Thanks 1

Both versions of the mod install the same way.  You download and install the original release and then the mod files are installed over top of them.  Both versions have many changes to the cockpit displays etc but the multi-player has no changes to the weapons or stats.

I apologize beforehand if this is a recurring question, but I read the OP and searched the zip for a readme and I couldn't find anything.

I downloaded Grinnelli's mod from https://www.mediafire.com/file/d75yuv540r38qr4/Community_F-22A_Mod_Version_II.zip/file. Now:

• Where should I install it?
  • I assume next I need to download both Nightstorm's enhancement mods. Where should I install them?
  • Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks everybody.

11 hours ago, Fulgrim said:

I apologize beforehand if this is a recurring question, but I read the OP and searched the zip for a readme and I couldn't find anything.

I downloaded Grinnelli's mod from https://www.mediafire.com/file/d75yuv540r38qr4/Community_F-22A_Mod_Version_II.zip/file. Now:

• Where should I install it?
  • I assume next I need to download both Nightstorm's enhancement mods. Where should I install them?
  • Is there anything else I need to do?

Thanks everybody.

There is a Mods directory under your saved games directory for DCS: Should be located at: C:\Users\YOURNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\Aircraft\

Assuming you have it in the normal location and did not change it or change the default drive, etc. 

Grinnelli's mods creates a sub-directory named "F-22A" with around 14 sub-directories below it.  Like it's mentioned above this enhancement mod over-writes some Grinnelli's files, so you would move them and "Ovewrite" files as needed to the exact subdirectory listed in the enhancement mod. (Once you unzip the enhancement mod the directory structure will be clear.)  Best idea is to use a small program like OvGME or similar program to add or remove mods from games on demand.  Once you understand how to use it, it's a great little program to use for any game out there to add mods as needed, then quickly remove them before doing a game update which for DCS happens frequently and it becomes a pain to add-back all your mods manually, one file at a time, LOL! Ouch!!! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Antibak said:

There is a Mods directory under your saved games directory for DCS: Should be located at: C:\Users\YOURNAME\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\Aircraft\

Assuming you have it in the normal location and did not change it or change the default drive, etc. 

Grinnelli's mods creates a sub-directory named "F-22A" with around 14 sub-directories below it.  Like it's mentioned above this enhancement mod over-writes some Grinnelli's files, so you would move them and "Ovewrite" files as needed to the exact subdirectory listed in the enhancement mod. (Once you unzip the enhancement mod the directory structure will be clear.)  Best idea is to use a small program like OvGME or similar program to add or remove mods from games on demand.  Once you understand how to use it, it's a great little program to use for any game out there to add mods as needed, then quickly remove them before doing a game update which for DCS happens frequently and it becomes a pain to add-back all your mods manually, one file at a time, LOL! Ouch!!! 

Thanks, it's clear now. 

• Like 1

I've been trying to edit the cockpit photo for a while now, but to no avail. I've tried all the different file formats, editing both the backup and "regular" photos, aswell as editing the original photos instead of overwriting them with new ones, but nothing seems to work and it defaults back to the backup, even when the backup no longer exists on my PC (presumably there's another one hidden?). I'm assuming I'm missing some important piece of the puzzle, but I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Any ideas?

There's only the one location.  And there was a text file that said what format to use and a pattern file that you can use to crop your photo to fit.  IIRC the formats were DDS, PNG or JPG.  There is no backup that I'm aware of, and nothing that copies them back.

The text file is indeed there (the formats are .dds, .png and .bmp), but none of them worked, I tried them all, even putting all of them in the folder at once with no luck. It might be the picture I'm trying to use itself, I'll do some more testing tommorow with a few other ones and report back.

Both versions:  Updated for the South Atlantic (Falklands) map.  Adjusted clock code for GMT offset -4 and added map and coordinates overlay for ILSN mode.

Single Player:  Added CATM-9M back to the Raptor accounting for recent OB code changes.

Same links in first post.

• Like 1

I am not sure if I should post it here or else, looks like there is a private version of thrust-vectoring F-22A mod:

• Like 3

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

I am glad to see the project is still alive, thrust vectoring is great, but I wish we get further updates on the FM.

• Like 3

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Interesting: You allow G-S to publish a video on a Mod you ahem, "Never" intend to release???  Maybe it's a "trial balloon" to see what kind of interest it might have for a full fidelity model that we pay for?  One could only hope.  In the meantime Grinelli and Nightstorm's great work keeps the current plane a joy to fly!  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Tusk.V said:

I can see any of my ammo when I shoot my gun, even with tracers on. What would be causing that?

Unfortunately, the default gun ammo has no tracers so go to your weapon loadout screen and in the drop-down box for your Gun ammo, select the version with tracers.

Note that Grinnelli website has been overhaul.  And the vector-thrusting demo video is also posted. My (biased) guess vector thrusting would be comming SOON TM

Off topic: And then the is a new mod:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1