F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

Added MK83 General Purpose bomb for the F22.

Added four yield selections for the B61 tactical nuke.  0.3kt, 1.5kt, 3kt, and 50kt.  

They will be delineated on weapons display as B61A, B, C, D.

Added loadouts with these weapons to the F22.

Single player version updated.

12 hours ago, Blade45 said:

Been out of town for a few weeks and when I come back I find that Nightstorm is starting to venture into A/G? You are a legend, my good sir.

We can only use unguided bombs, but they do work.  Basically, the avionics thinks it's a Fox-1 semi-active Radar guided weapon.  Since the Raptor didn't use those, that's what I went with for bombs.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 1:16 AM, MVS-Viper said:

Great job on the mod to all of you who have worked on it up to now. Hey quick question regarding navigation.  How do you switch between different steerpoints, and which mfd or gauge shows you what steerpoint is currently selected. 

Thanks. 

The mod uses mostly the same bindings as the F15C plus some custom ones.  The commands are "Next Waypoint" and "Previous Waypoint".  There are also controls built into the MFD's.

When you're in the NAV mode, the currently selected waypoint is displayed to the left of NAV in the lower right of the HUD.

01.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2022 at 6:21 PM, Nightstorm said:

Added MK83 General Purpose bomb for the F22.

Added four yield selections for the B61 tactical nuke.  0.3kt, 1.5kt, 3kt, and 50kt.  

They will be delineated on weapons display as B61A, B, C, D.

Added loadouts with these weapons to the F22.

Single player version updated.

Dude this amount of features is ridonculous extensive.  I haven't even downloaded it yet and this mod reminds me of this game:

On 9/24/2022 at 11:42 AM, Vontarium said:

Anyway to increase RCS of the mod.

Its realistic but it makes BVR boring.

It's supposed to be Boring. Have you seen the F-35 simulator Lockheed has at their office? That thing flies like an Ice cream truck!!

On 3/27/2021 at 8:10 PM, Nightstorm said:

I believe everything should be working fine.  Let me know if you run into an issue:

These require the full mod to be installed from the official MK II release.  Link on page one of this thread.

Then the files need to be overwritten with the files from this mod.  Back up your original mod version first if needed.

Single Player version with weapons modifications.  New AIM-120D and AIM-9X3, and AIM-9M capability.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0iahwuoozbqk5t/F-22A Single Player.7z?dl=0

Multi Player version with stock weapons.  Both versions share the other changes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47d2gu21874torf/F-22A Multi Player.7z?dl=0

Why not use a repository to distribute these releases. Going through countless posts in a forum is just a lot of work. Github, Gitlab, Bitbucket, CircleCI. Is that mod THAT big that makes this not feasible? I don't get it yet after reading through page 5 (and there are more than 30), isn't this a modification of the 1.2GB Grinelli distributes? Why so much data?

Thanks!

On 8/29/2022 at 1:35 PM, Nightstorm said:

An oldie but goodie.

"It's like clubbing baby seals, it's so easy."

Remember when Discovery Channel was actually about Science?

I remember discovering Thrust Vectoring there.

Thanks and I will give it a try

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Hola a todos 

Acabo de descargarme este estupendo Mod , el F-22 MKII

Le he configurado los controles y a la hora de despegar y còmo siempre hago compruebo con vista exteriore los diferentes controles de vuelo observando que los de cabeceo no me van bien 

A pesar de èllo intentè volarl y mi sorpresa ( ya confirmada ) , es que no me funciona el cabeceo 

Què me podrìan decir al respecto ...?

Gracias

13 hours ago, GUINCHO said:

Hello everyone

I just downloaded this great Mod, the F-22 MKII

I have configured the controls and at the time of taking off and how I always check with an outside view the different flight controls observing that the pitches do not go well

Despite the fact that I tried to fly it and my surprise (already confirmed), is that the pitch does not work for me

What can you tell me about it ...?

Thank you

You should read the original information if it's still available.  There are special Pitch controls for the base mod that need to be set up.

On 10/12/2022 at 6:51 PM, Nightstorm said:

You should read the original information if it's still available.  There are special Pitch controls for the base mod that need to be set up.

This should be next to the download links:

Took it for a spin in the middle of the night first with hardpoints and extra weapons to down onslaught of forces. Such fun!!

16 hours ago, einarabelc5 said:

@Nightstorm I have a question regarding the design of the mod. Why is the Zoom in feature limited from zooming further in. I cannot zoom in as much as any other models for guns or ground attacks.

I noticed this as soon as I installed the mod. The F15C vanilla doesn't do that, neither does the Grinelli version.

It's the views.lua file in the root of the F-22A folder in your saved games.  ..Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\F-22A.

Near the top are two lines:

--        CameraViewAngleLimits  = {20.000000,140.000000},        --NIGHTSTORM changed default zoom
        CameraViewAngleLimits  = {80.000000,120.000000},        --NIGHTSTORM changed default zoom

I changed it for personal preference.  Simply remove the modified line and uncomment the first one to restore defaults which are 20-140.

I added the GrowlingSidewinder tutorial video link to the first post as suggested.

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 11/7/2022 at 2:53 PM, shaneduce said:

First thanks for your work. I herd that the new Morgan mod was a ripoff of your and the orginal f22a. If this is true that's sad. I found out from here. 

https://youtu.be/pjXvSn4tngU

The work I've done is added on top of the main F-22 mod.  About a year ago this time a bunch of drama was started around what I've done stating that I had claimed credit for the entire thing.  I did not and have taken all sorts of steps to counter any such perceptions.  I've talked directly with Grinelli and as far as I know it's all good.  I don't know much about this mod.  Personally, I don't care if anything I've done is used by someone else.  Have at it.  I can't speak for anyone else.  Most of all, I don't want any more drama.

• Like 4

Off-topic: @Nightstorm any chance you bring your talents to VSN F-35?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

The avionics of the F22 and F35 are quite different as many of you are aware.  It doesn't even have a HUD lol.  I don't know if the VSN F35 even has a dedicated cockpit, I think it uses the F15C pit.  The best chance for an F35 mod probably rests with whatever remains of the community mod that was started. 

• Like 1

As I have briefly played around with the VSN_F35, yes you are sitting in a F-15C no more no less...As it is VSN, except for F-104, I guess this is what we get.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, this mod is awesome but I have 1 problem with it. In the Single player version, all of my DCS module's/aircraft's, besides the A-10, cannon/gun has this mod's cannon fire sound effect. Also I don't know is this is a issue but I seems to black about/pass out much more easily when dogfighting with this mod compared to the original mod.

Edited by Arkid77

14 hours ago, Fab8ball said:

Hi, looks the Mod is not working anymore with latest DCS OB, it crashes completely. I have also tried to remove all the other mods I have, same result. Any idea or workaround?

Thanks

No. Works. Perhaps you have a conflict with the files A2A_Missiles.lua or A2G_Bombs.lua

Edited by RaptorFighter
  • Like 1