F-22A Raptor mod enhancement mod

Will you update the external model in the future because it seems the 3D model isnt accurate in the front section, the nose should be longer and more streamline, just a little bit

IN-game

unknown.png?width=1777&height=868

Compare to real profile

Image result for F-22 side view

Edited by FoxHoundELite

Feel the Rush of Superior Air Power

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Heya, nice toy the F-22-mod, I saw sobe`s export screenshot, how to do that? Please, can you help with lua`s?

Edited by AirWolf D

CU you in the * AIR *  ^AirWolf

PC > BE QUIIET Power 1000 W ATX 3.0 * ROG STRIX Z690-F * i7-12700 KF * DDR5-6000 64 GB * M.2 980 EVO PRO 2 TB * RX 7900 XTX 24 MB XFX MERC 310 BLACK EDITION  *

2 hours ago, JagHond said:

Baldawg,

thanks a lot for your hard work and having shared it as well.

Now, just to avoid errors or worst, in what location precisely is it supposed to be installed?

Thanks in advance!

With best regards.

The default.lua file resides here: C:\Users\Yourname\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\Aircraft\F-22A\Input\F-22A\Joystick

• Thanks 1

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

11 hours ago, Baldawg said:

Here are the final edits to the default.lua for anyone interested.  The Nav light 5 position switch and Emergency Jettison work as you would expect.  The other potentiometer type lighting control knobs are only on or off.  im sure that there is more coding in the module that is required to make them work with encoders or pots.   Ill post the code below as well as make my default.lua available.

{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = 0.0, name = _('NAV Lights OFF'),              category = _('F-22A Systems')},
    {down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = 0.1, name = _('NAV Lights ANTICOL'),          category = _('F-22A Systems')},
    {down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = 0.2, name = _('NAV Lights POS/ANTICOL'),      category = _('F-22A Systems')},
    {down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = 0.3, name = _('NAV Lights POS FLASH'),        category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = 0.4, name = _('NAV Lights POS STEADY'),       category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = 1.0, name = _('AAR Lights ON'),               category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 2, value_down = -1.0, name = _('AAR Lights OFF'),             category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = 1.0, name = _('MFD Lights ON'),               category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3003, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = -1.0, name = _('MFD Lights OFF'),             category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = 1.0, name = _('INST Lights ON'),              category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3004, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = -1.0, name = _('INST Lights OFF'),            category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = 1.0, name = _('CONSOLE Lights ON'),           category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3005, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = -1.0, name = _('CONSOLE Lights OFF'),         category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3006, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = 1.0, name = _('FLOOD Lights ON'),             category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3006, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = -1.0, name = _('FLOOD Lights OFF'),           category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3075, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = 1.0, name = _('FORM Lights ON'),              category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3007, cockpit_device_id = 1, value_down = -1.0, name = _('FORM Lights OFF'),            category = _('F-22A Systems')},
	{down = 3002, up = 3002, cockpit_device_id = 4, value_down = 1.0, value_up = 0.0, name = _('Emergency Jettison'),       category = _('F-22A Systems')},

default.lua 30.15 kB · 12 downloads

OUTSTANDING WORK!  I spent most of yesterday working on similar things for the same reasons 🙂  After I click "start" I don't want to touch a mouse again until I'm ready to click "stop".

So here's an issue I'm having and maybe we can resolve it together.  I have controls sync turned on as I'm sure you do.  However my throttles are always the opposite of where I have them.  If Off they are on IDLE, if IDLE they're on OFF.  I don't know why.

There is, as far as I've been able to tell only the one command for each Throttle "L/R_cutoff" which appears to be a toggle.  Now I spearated the controls with this code but the starting position is still wrong.  I'd love to be able to define a separate OFF and IDLE for each engine.

--    {down = L_cutoff, up = L_cutoff,   name = _('Throttle (Left) - OFF/IDLE'),          category = _('F-22A HOTAS')},    --ORIGINAL LINE
--    {down = R_cutoff, up = R_cutoff,   name = _('Throttle (Right) - OFF/IDLE'),         category = _('F-22A HOTAS')},    --ORIGINAL LINE
    {down = L_cutoff,    value_down =  0.0,    name = _('Throttle (Left) - OFF'),        category = _('F-22A HOTAS')},    --ADDED
    {down = R_cutoff,     value_down =  0.0,    name = _('Throttle (Right) - OFF'),        category = _('F-22A HOTAS')},    --ADDED
    {down = L_cutoff,     value_down =  1.0,    name = _('Throttle (Left) - IDLE'),        category = _('F-22A HOTAS')},    --ADDED
    {down = R_cutoff,     value_down =  1.0,    name = _('Throttle (Right) - IDLE'),    category = _('F-22A HOTAS')},    --ADDED

Oh, and the APU.  I'd be great to have an OFF command for it.  I've been trying to get that to work as well.  I had trouble cold starting the jet at first b/c I bound APU to the APU switch on the WingWing throttle panel and it wouldn't allow it to go to "Start" and then back to "Arm".  If you look at the switch in the 22 pit and use a mouse on it's its actually Off/ARM/RUN with RUN being a momentary position.  At least I think it was labeled "RUN"  you get the idea though.   I'd like to have APU Start and APU OFF so that you can bind them to a momentary switch.   That way you could toggle it one way to start the APU and the other to stop it w/o having to click the OFF position in the cockpit.  I tried various value_down/up statements without success last night.

{down = APU, up = APU,              name = _('APU Start'),                          category = _('F-22A HOTAS')},

Thanks, now off to test your code with the lights!

Edited by Nightstorm
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nightstorm said:

OUTSTANDING WORK!  I spent most of yesterday working on similar things for the same reasons 🙂  After I click "start" I don't want to touch a mouse again until I'm ready to click "stop".

So here's an issue I'm having and maybe we can resolve it together.  I have controls sync turned on as I'm sure you do.  However my throttles are always the opposite of where I have them.  If Off they are on IDLE, if IDLE they're on OFF.  I don't know why.

There is, as far as I've been able to tell only the one command for each Throttle "L/R_cutoff" which appears to be a toggle.  Now I spearated the controls with this code but the starting position is still wrong.  I'd love to be able to define a separate OFF and IDLE for each engine.

--    {down = L_cutoff, up = L_cutoff,   name = _('Throttle (Left) - OFF/IDLE'),          category = _('F-22A HOTAS')},    --ORIGINAL LINE
--    {down = R_cutoff, up = R_cutoff,   name = _('Throttle (Right) - OFF/IDLE'),         category = _('F-22A HOTAS')},    --ORIGINAL LINE
    {down = L_cutoff,    value_down =  0.0,    name = _('Throttle (Left) - OFF'),        category = _('F-22A HOTAS')},    --ADDED
    {down = R_cutoff,     value_down =  0.0,    name = _('Throttle (Right) - OFF'),        category = _('F-22A HOTAS')},    --ADDED
    {down = L_cutoff,     value_down =  1.0,    name = _('Throttle (Left) - IDLE'),        category = _('F-22A HOTAS')},    --ADDED
    {down = R_cutoff,     value_down =  1.0,    name = _('Throttle (Right) - IDLE'),    category = _('F-22A HOTAS')},    --ADDED

Thanks, now off to test your code with the lights!

i actually dont have control sync turned on due to it causing issues when respawning and shutting the jet down potentially.  as for your issue with the idle/off position being opposite....i do intend to try to resolve this as ive seen this occur with the landing/taxi light switches well.  on the ground it works fine but it seems once in the air it changes states and acts as a toggle which i cant re-sync by a mouse click.  your lines of code separate the values for the binding so that wont help since you only have one button associated with the throttle idle.  

give me a few minutes to look at it and ill write up something to try out.

• Like 1

Win 10 Pro - Intel I7 12700k@4.9ghz water cooled - ASUS TUF Z690 -EVGA RTX 3080 12G Hybrid - EVGA 1000W PSU - 32GB 3200 G-Skill XMP- Reverb G2 -Custom mip and side panels - Leo Bodnar  BBI32x2, BBI64x4 - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFD's x 3 - TM TPR pedals

here is the new default.lua. as promised.... Im in the process of troubleshooting the MFD/PMFD buttons not moving in game when pressing simpit button...may have to write new code for those too!!!

Edited by Baldawg
new default.lua below in next post

Ok couldnt help myself.   I added special bindings for the MFDs/PMFD so that the button moves when being pressed by your simpit mfd (if you have them)i prefixed the new edits with Special so they are easy to find. here is the new lua below.  I may do more editing later to other bindings.

default.lua

Edited by Baldawg
  • Like 1

Awesome work! 

I'm having a hell of a time landing it though. The pitch axis is quite twitchy, and it wants to pull up massively on touchdown. Should I be in a different FCS mode for landing? 

• Like 1

Downloaded it and had a blast. Very fun. The MFDs are all great, especially the PMFD. I thought it might have some sort of moving map overlay like the AMPCD on the Hornet. Maybe that's limited by the FC3 nature of the mod? Hopefully there is more going on the big PMFD especially.

https://www.driven-technologies.com/simulated-flat-panel-displays/simulated-military-displays/f-35-simulated-displays/simulated-military-displays/f22-primary-multi-function-display-pmfd.html

Really hope that ED does an integrated mod solution since things like this and the F-35 and SU-57 are quite the draw for a flight sim, even if they obviously won't meet the standards of a full module, they could at least match those of the Community A-4, etc. Gives me hope that someone will do an F-14D or ST-21, if not a YF-23/F-23A EMD.

I had a few issues:

1) I could not bind both brakes to a HOTAS key like I usually do. I do individual left and right but not both. I was able to map both as an axis, so used the brake lever on the MCG Pro... EDIT: Ah, see that listed to do the special F-22 binding. I'll look for that.  The binding is there.  It will not let me select it for my Virpil throttle though.  

2) Similarly, I would prefer the engine idle and shut downs be discreet bindings so I could map them to the B3 and B4 to go to idle and B7 and B8 for shutdown on my Virpil throttle. With the toggle, they would move but not stay. I don't have this issue with the FC3 planes or with Cubanace's SU-57.  EDIT: I was able to use the FC3 bindings and ignored the specific ones and that worked. 

3) I could not find any binding for Nav Lights. The FC3 Navigation lights did not seem to work, so I had to use my mouse.

4) For some reason when taxiing, it pulls to the left, even if I'm not even on my rudders and there is no input showed on the FCS or system page.  Anyone else see that?

Edited by Uxi
  • Like 1

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

8 hours ago, Uxi said:

2) Similarly, I would prefer the engine idle and shut downs be discreet bindings so I could map them to the B3 and B4 to go to idle and B7 and B8 for shutdown on my Virpil throttle. With the toggle, they would move but not stay. I don't have this issue with the FC3 planes or with Cubanace's SU-57.

The FC3 Engine Start and Stop commands are working with the F-22 just fine for me. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bunny Clark said:

The FC3 Engine Start and Stop commands are working with the F-22 just fine for me. 

Ah yeah that did work, thanks. 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

On 2/21/2021 at 3:25 PM, Baldawg said:

Ok couldnt help myself.   I added special bindings for the MFDs/PMFD so that the button moves when being pressed by your simpit mfd (if you have them)i prefixed the new edits with Special so they are easy to find. here is the new lua below.  I may do more editing later to other bindings.

Does this make the MFD buttons depress to match MFD's you have? If so, much appreciated. What does it replace, as I've yet of find a default.lua in the mod.

Edited by Steve Gee

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)