weapons changing

71st_Mastiff

When cycling weapons changes (D); the ripple selection still causes to fire off rockets when the selection for the bombs was on 3 and only had 2 to drop, this causes the ripple effect to carry over to other weapons firing them off errantly.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 1 year later...

this is still happening, salvo and ripple modes.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

On 2/23/2022 at 12:54 AM, draconus said:

Save a short track replicating the problem - that is best way to show and report a bug.

why I reported this 3 years ago, its in there bug list with all the work I did to report it. it was fixed now its doing it again.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

I've just found one 2020 report from you regarding the impossibility to use some stores (1, 5, 6, 7, 11) until some other stores are emptied. I've just bumped this report by the way.

I assume this is not the one you're talking about here.

Please provide a short track or explain this bug more thoroughly (e.g. "step 1/ do this - step 2/ do that - boom, bug shows up"). You're talking about "Ripple selection", but is it "Ripple quantity" or "Ripple Interval"?

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

6 hours ago, Flappie said:

I've just found one 2020 report from you regarding the impossibility to use some stores (1, 5, 6, 7, 11) until some other stores are emptied. I've just bumped this report by the way.

I assume this is not the one you're talking about here.

Please provide a short track or explain this bug more thoroughly (e.g. "step 1/ do this - step 2/ do that - boom, bug shows up"). You're talking about "Ripple selection", but is it "Ripple quantity" or "Ripple Interval"?

Ripple quantity, so you have 3 picked for let say the CBU97, and you only have 2; the 2 will drop but then when you change to rockets it will fire off a rocket, if you change to other bombs it will drop one.

I'm not familiar anymore with the A-10A. I read the manual and tried to reproduce to no avail.

Can you please review the track and tell me if it's woring as excepted?

If I do it wrong, please:

1. Take control over the track (press Escape, then "Take control...").
  2. Reproduce the bug.
  3. Exit and save the track.
  4. Attach the track here.

A10A try 1.trk

Edited by Flappie

2 hours ago, Flappie said:

I'm not familiar anymore with the A-10A. I read the manual and tried to reproduce to no avail.

Can you please review the track and tell me if it's woring as excepted?

If I do it wrong, please:

1. Take control over the track (press Escape, then "Take control...").
  2. Reproduce the bug.
  3. Exit and save the track.
  4. Attach the track here.

A10A try 1.trk 38.65 kB · 0 downloads

A10A try 12.trk

so when I have the numbers set at 4 and not 3 after the drop, and it only dropped 3. I change weapons and it drops 2 more it shouldn't do that. the logic should of said oh there was only 3 therefor not 4. finish. no change weapons and continue to drop other weapons.

Edited by 71st_Mastiff

Finally, I was able to reproduce the phenomenon, but there's a trick:

1. I press Release Weapon, thus releasing the 3 bombs, and keep pressing afterward.
  2. I cycle weapon: two other bombs are released.

Can you please confirm this only happens if you keep pressing Release Weapon while cycling wepons?