Can two Hornets lase for each other?

uri

My buddy and I were lasing for each other but couldn't get it to work. We first tried with the default 1688 (made sure the LSS code was set correctly) and then we tried a different code (and again set the LSS and actual codes correctly) but the TGP couldn't find it. I can 100% confirm that the laser was firing because I had MARK and NVGs on and could see the laser. We tried various ranges from 15nm down to around 5nm.

Does this sound like a bug, or is the hornet unable to lase for others?

I think if you are lasing for your wingman to guide his or her weapons the procedure is basically the same as if you were guiding your own weapons. The MARK laser is for pointing at stuff for people with NVGs, not for weapons guidance.

You definitely can buddy lasing Hornet to Hornet, I did it a couple of weeks ago, but there is an issue where the guy who was dropping the bomb (he was also hosting, not sure if that matters) did not see the vehicle in the same place I did. So I saw the bombs explode right on target, but they were not destroyed because _his_ bomb was not hitting the target in _his_ sim. When the target was eventually destroyed I could see it jump to the place it actually was in his host.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I actually experienced this as well on the A10-C. Do you know if this has been reported?

For the OP, yes you definitely can buddy lase in a Hornet, for other Hornets (and other aircraft capable of employing LGBs).

For the members who were having issues with bombs hitting targets from a buddy lase - sounds like the 'MP desync" issue that has showed it's ugly face many times throughout the past couple years. I've performed buddy lasing from my A10CII for other A10Cs and FA18Cs with no issues, this was as recently as two weeks ago. Possible that something has surfaced with the most recent update, but this is the first report I've read on the forums posing the question.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

For the members who were having issues with bombs hitting targets from a buddy lase - sounds like the 'MP desync" issue that has showed it's ugly face many times throughout the past couple years. I've performed buddy lasing from my A10CII for other A10Cs and FA18Cs with no issues, this was as recently as two weeks ago. Possible that something has surfaced with the most recent update, but this is the first report I've read on the forums posing the question.

I had this issue with buddy lasing on November 3rd on OB release, but I remember the vehicles moving to another place when destroyed from longer ago, which I guess could be related.

@uri

I don't knot whether it has been reported or not.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]