SIMHQ`s DCS: Black Shark Preview Report #2

article312.jpg

Is available (with a huge vid): :cheer3nc:http://www.simhq.com/_air11/air_347a.html

I mostly noticed the flow of the river, the rotor downwash on the lake, the improved ground details, the new trees, the shadows of the rotor blades... That makes me crazy! Can`t wait.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Is available (with a huge vid): :cheer3nc:http://www.simhq.com/_air11/air_347a.html

I mostly noticed the flow of the river, the rotor downwash on the lake, the improved ground details, the new trees, the shadows of the rotor blades... That makes me crazy! Can`t wait.

Have you forgot Comanche 4. Some of that was in their sim. No doubt BS will look a lot better but the technology for some of this is old news and should be in BS. I to am look forward but I think BS is much more in cockpit functionality than anything else. Not bad at all. More immersive flicking switches etc. The graphics will be better than what we have seen from ED but IMO will still need work to be impressive. I think we will see more of that in future modules. I hope so anyway. I also think that they are still far from a release date so be patient it will come.

Have you forgot Comanche 4. Some of that was in their sim. No doubt BS will look a lot better but the technology for some of this is old news and should be in BS. I to am look forward but I think BS is much more in cockpit functionality than anything else. Not bad at all. More immersive flicking switches etc. The graphics will be better than what we have seen from ED but IMO will still need work to be impressive. I think we will see more of that in future modules. I hope so anyway. I also think that they are still far from a release date so be patient it will come.

I see it in a different way. For me the most important thing in BS is the helo itself with it`s FM, avionics, DM etc. So I want to celebrating all the other improvements(eye candy) they do with the old engine. The Comanche series was a eye catcher and there voxel space terrain was revolutionary, I liked it, but it is an arcade game.

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

to be honest, i am not a helo or fast mover fan - i like my A10. however, what i saw in this movie is absolutely mad. the level of detail is incredible and it seems that what was shown is only a very small part. I am very much looking forward to this helo but even more to the A10 addon, knowing now how ED is modeling its aircrafts.

A10 all the way - cheers and thx for the update guys,

• Like 1

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

OMG, this pic looks like real !

air_347a_002.jpgthanks for the link :)

Must say trees are so photorealistic in look oO

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Oh, it can be fired across the LOFC map and guide to anything you like with pk 0.99999 ;)

Whats the range of the ASAT Vehicle GG ? ;) ( just joking )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

There's a mention about the manual. I don't think it is available to public yet. But I have to ask :)

Can it be? :) It is finished? Someone here promised its release date will be in advance of BS release

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

C2D E4500@3GHz + Scythe Katana , 2GB/800, GF9600GT@720 (GV-NX96T512HP), Cyborg Evo, Freetrack (2.2), Samsung 20" @1680x1050, Fortron BSII 400W (peak 430W), Win7 HP x64

:) ok you got me, its in the FAQ but there is "While we cannot promise it, we would like to release the manual ahead of ..." Sorry, used a wrong word "promised" :)

Anyway the question remains. Finished and waiting for a day "D"? Or still in progress?

BTW: just watched the vid. Did I understand well... he got himself to area with weak satelite signal for navigation? If so, I have no words here... this is beyond all my expectations. Great detail!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

C2D E4500@3GHz + Scythe Katana , 2GB/800, GF9600GT@720 (GV-NX96T512HP), Cyborg Evo, Freetrack (2.2), Samsung 20" @1680x1050, Fortron BSII 400W (peak 430W), Win7 HP x64

I hope that the non-russian players can activate "Bitchin Betty" instead of "Naggin Nadja"?(Did you call it Naggin Nadja in BS?)

Cyrillic letters with english tool tips are ok. but russian speaking voice system is a no-go!

Just like in LockOn I bet you'll get an English Nagging Nadia but I personally like to immerse in the Russian cockpit so I keep the verbal warnings in Russian, even though I don't speak a word of it ;) . After a few minutes it's pretty easy to tell what she's nagging about anyway.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

I hope that the non-russian players can activate "Bitchin Betty" instead of "Naggin Nadja"?(Did you call it Naggin Nadja in BS?)

Cyrillic letters with english tool tips are ok. but russian speaking voice system is a no-go!

Edited.

Sorry I know is way OT but, I would like to try all systems in Russian. I can not speak the language but maybe I can learn.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

:D

Don't you guys think that it is even hard enough to learn the whole Avionics, (Helo-)Tactics and Weaponsystems?

Sorry, I don't want to learn such a very difficult language just for a Game(sry, I mean Sim:))! German is difficult enough:P

(And I already learned english off the school just for Games(Falcon) and the Internet)

Edit: I never really play Lomac(just a few minutes), so the Russian language is completely new for me.

Just the option to switch between russian or english (both cockpit lettering and audible warnings) would be nice. Would definitely make it easier to learn such a complicated sim. A prerelease version of the manual, sure would be nice too....

If it's not in the official release, would ED be amenable to one of the knowledgeable testers creating a freelance version of the cockpit textures in english (ala english cockpit textures 2.5 found here) on thier own time, or are modding tools/tips being withheld until after release as well?

Also: I'm bored/can't sleep so I was watching the video again and I noticed that the sound associated with the apu seems to cut off immediately after he presses the cut-off switch (@ 1:17). In real life, wouldn't the sound kind of taper off? I'm not saying there's something wrong, I'm just asking if that's how it really is.

Change my mind quickly. I was so wroong! We hardly need english ckpt as an option as soon as possible. TekaTeka help!

Does Mission Editor work already? Could some one make a clip preparing mission for track before with ai traffic in the background? I would really like to see couple more HD 3d models at once as well as their behaves. I mean in simple day operations conditions in airfield proximity. No need for seeing battle clip again.

• Like 1

I don`t fully understand what happend with his position update on ABRIS while hovering near the bridges? It seems that he lost the signal strenght from the satellites? He is talking about that he forgot to push a knob? Do I understand it right? So he was rebooting the ABRIS system to get full signal strenght from the satellites again?

I don`t fully understand what happend with his position update on ABRIS while hovering near the bridges? It seems that he lost the signal strenght from the satellites? He is talking about that he forgot to push a knob? Do I understand it right? So he was rebooting the ABRIS system to get full signal strenght from the satellites again?

He lost the signal to one (or more) of the sats. because the nearby mountains were blocking the LOS. After a while, the sat. came back into view (rose over the mountains) on its own, because the satellites are actually "live" in the game engine and fly their orbit during the mission. Not realizing any of this, Beach thought he had simply done something wrong and tried to fix it by turning the whole thing on and off.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Okay, that sounds really cool!

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals