Working Ground Crew...at Air Bases!!!

freelancer2011

Basically, do for AFBs what they did for the Carrier module.

Let's give it up for the:

*Maintainers;

*Fabricators;

*the Crew Chiefs;

*And everyone else on the ground;

*Snap-On mobile tool stations;

*Putting the fuel hoses on the planes;

*Animated effects of them working on damaged parts of the plane as soon as we 'request refuelling and repair'. :smilewink: -As those payloads don't just magically appear on weapon stations by magic :thumbup:

And, cos....we can do better than Microsoft and their ground crews! :matrix:

• Like 2

Yep i wish this a while ago. 6 years....:D and waiting to pick it up. Happy with the deckcrew now on the supercarrier.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

yes, very much needed.

as a stopgap it would be nice to have at least some units and equipment that you can place manually. a generic nato technician, a russian technician, a vintage technician for each WWII faction...

don't point me to mods. i know these exist...

You can do quiet a lot with those we already have. Just try it. You do not need to own a SC DLC.

I hope EDs will build on this:

1. More uniforms

2. More animations and possibility for AI to react autonomously.

Basics: Duck, runaway, walk around, react to rearm, refuel, repair.

That should be enough to fill airports with life - then just templates, templates and uniform liveries.

3. Some tools, forklifts, leaders, booms, etc. for airport technicians. Some small basic part of this what we have in mods.

1724403744_DCSairporttechnicians001.thumb.jpg.19412e9f8f4c06e06c3a9db6297b2097.jpgwAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Those technicians can eat your wing, if you get to close. Hit box is to big.

Would be cool to give those guys a duck animation to just avoid wings or run away like on a carrier. Ideally with no additional coding in ME.

Having some basic animation or maybe even an access to import more animations, would give plenty of possibilities for creative use.

1874007994_DCSairporttechnicians002.thumb.jpg.0c1c81cb8932ee979ce7483e5b5d02b3.jpg

Hey Larry where's the forklift?

AEA8A5EA695FADD61431EE84E9576472379A84C3.gif.e17bd99f263aae3c4dd933a616bf019e.gif

Love this :)

+1, though personally I'd be satisfied if we got some more ground-support equipment.

Things like a GPU, air starter unit/start cart, pushback (*wink wink).

I also wonder if in the future we could get some weapon pallets/dolly/trailer where we can customise what weapon is on them. I know ED said they weren't going to do it, because modelling one for each weapon combination would be too much work. But what if you didn't have to do that? What if you could just model one trailer, and just have it implemented with hardpoint/s and then use the existing weapon models, in exactly the same fashion as how we configure aircraft in DCS, the only difference is that instead of a wing, it's a trolley/pallet/whatever and instead of a pylon it's a generic strap.

Past that, I agree with twistking, though maybe a few variants of mostly static generic engineers instead of just 1 (just to offset a potential attack of the clones).

As for animations, I think to the level of the supercarrier module is decent enough for time being. It might get a bit hectic with the workload if we want to accommodate each of our current aircraft (which don't typically have panels/covers, fuel ports or whatever animated).

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

+1 to the OP wish

One question.. Is the static supercarrier personnel available to everyone?

I mean, if I place these static units in my mission, would someone that doesn't own the SC module be able to play that mission?

(can't test this myself, as I do own the SC module)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

+1 to the OP wish

One question.. Is the static supercarrier personnel available to everyone?

I mean, if I place these static units in my mission, would someone that doesn't own the SC module be able to play that mission?

(can't test this myself, as I do own the SC module)

Afirm. Personnel is free for all.

• Like 1