Heatblur Simulations Livery Challenge

IronMike

5 hours ago, Jackjack171 said:

Nice paints brother! Let me guess the fictional: 101 with the Aardvark stripe? 

Great points BTW!

Man, I expected that to go a little longer.

It's semi-fictional, in the sense that it's how one of the airframe guys proposed they paint their color birds around the early 90s. I took his description and worked with it.

It's a what-if but in a sense that it was actually proposed, they just ended up sticking with the late hi-vis style or colored stripes on the tail instead.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

4 hours ago, LanceCriminal86 said:

Man, I expected that to go a little longer.

It's semi-fictional, in the sense that it's how one of the airframe guys proposed they paint their color birds around the early 90s. I took his description and worked with it.

It's a what-if but in a sense that it was actually proposed, they just ended up sticking with the late hi-vis style or colored stripes on the tail instead.

Yeah, I had an Aardvark F-14 poster when I was a kid. Also, the Colors and Markings books for modelers. I love this stuff. Yours looks really good man! Those reserve and not so popular squadrons have very nice liveries and history. I'm thinking of trying my hand at livery creation. It will probably be a train wreck! Lol

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

The Tomcat template is like Mt. Everest.

It's not easy, many have tried and many have turned back. There's also a mountain of dead bodies along the way. But, if you make it and get to the top, you realize nothing's going to top it.

There are quirks, you have to reverse-engineer some stuff, scratch make some of your own masks and templates, and even start messing with the layers marked *NO TOUCH* to get what you want. It's maddening sometimes. BUT, to me it's very powerful compared to some of the other jets where everything is crammed into two textures. Even a big texture size on the hornet means that major portions of the jet only get a 512x512 or even 1024x1024 section and resolution. You have to bump the Hornet's main textures up to I think 8K to really start getting some detail like the Tomcat has available, and then you have to basically rework the whole thing to properly upscale it and rebuild all the details. Case in point, Megalax's work on the Hornet and its roughmets.

The nice thing is the Tomcat has some great roughmets and normals already. Yes, the diffuse template has an insane amount of layers but I can see their purpose and it produces a very good end result. You just need 32gb+ of RAM and plenty of SSD space to really be able to swiftly work with it, otherwise saving and loading can take a really long time. Or, you can't save anymore because your scratch disk is full after opening 2-3 different template areas.

My "working" folder is 23gb, and I have 2 different versions of the template I use. One is now dedicated to the A model skins because I've had to alter some elements that are fundamentally different from the B, namely the fire punch-in and the VStab's leading edge reinforcements which YaeSakura kindly provided along with his own early 70s high-vis template.

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

On 12/9/2020 at 10:22 AM, LanceCriminal86 said:

But hey, apparently we just have to have another Jolly Rogers skin with candy canes instead because one guy rreeeaallllyyyy likes it.

hmmmm... Who could that insane guy be? :music_whistling:

But am I really the only guy within this huge community, who wants to see the Santa Cat ?

Cant belive it :dunno:  But in end, bad luck for me. :Flush:

The mashup between, christmas, candy canes and Jolly Rogers looks awesome as hell, doesnt it?

And did I already mentioned the legendary "Seasons Greetings" Fuel Tanks? :wub::wub::santa:   Pure perfection ...

Happy Painting to everybody

Edited by Moorhuhn
  • Like 1

Wishlist: (Aircraft)

F/A-18D Hornet | F-14D Tomcat | A-6 Intruder | EA-6 Prowler | E-1B Tracer | E-2B Hawkeye | (Navy) F-4 Phantom | F-104 Starfighter | AH-64 Apache | UH-60/SH-60 | RAH-66 Comanche | Curtiss P-40 | North American T-6 Texan | Mitsubishi A6M | Jak-9

Wishlist: (Map)

Vietnam | Pearl Harbor 1941 | Naval Air Station Pensacola (New Orleans <-> Orlando)

Wishlist: (WWII-Assets-Pack-UPDATE)

USS Arizona | USS Oklahoma | US Aircraft Carrier | Japanese Aircraft Carrier

Guys could you extend the time , tomorrow is the last day ?! I 😣

I forgot to check the deadline time !

maybe a week extension ! please 🙏

🤒🤣  I know i know i just checked  it again , it is 60 days not 30 days , damn whats wrong with me !😅

My contributions are : [ 159853 F-14A-90-GR   VX-4  XF1 ]  & [ 160378 F-14A-95-GR  NAWC 220 ]

Edited by sadjad-vosoul
  • Like 1

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

3 hours ago, sadjad-vosoul said:

My contributions are : [ 159853 F-14A-90-GR   VX-4  XF1 ]  & [ 160378 F-14A-95-GR  NAWC 220 ]

AWESOME news.

Really looking forward to them.

• Like 2

F/A-18D Hornet | F-14D Tomcat | A-6 Intruder | EA-6 Prowler | E-1B Tracer | E-2B Hawkeye | (Navy) F-4 Phantom | F-104 Starfighter | AH-64 Apache | UH-60/SH-60 | RAH-66 Comanche | Curtiss P-40 | North American T-6 Texan | Mitsubishi A6M | Jak-9

Vietnam | Pearl Harbor 1941 | Naval Air Station Pensacola (New Orleans <-> Orlando)

[ 159853 F-14A-90-GR   VX-4  XF1  (late) ]

image.png

image.png

• Like 2

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

sadjad-vosoul, you came one week too early with this one :santa: 😉

Man, this really feels like christmas. It looks really really AWESOME.

Cant wait to see this one included into the module.

Also, that you included two versions, one for the early and one for the late cat. :wub: Perfect.

Would it be possible to submit also a liverie for the other two categories? The B and the Viggen?

Thanks and stay healthy. All of you.

Edited by Moorhuhn
  • Like 2

The VX-4 is really well done. Good job, good submission.

I have a question about the pylons. Are they grey instead of black like the rest of the jet?

I searched for pictires but cant find one with the pylons.

Thanks for this submission.

Hope to see this one soon included into the module.

Cool, to see somebody giving attention to the VX-squadrons.

If you dont have a submission for the B yet, may I ask you to submit the VX-9 (Modex 240) or the VX-30 (Modex 210) ???

Thanks

Edited by CanopyJettison
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CanopyJettison said:

The VX-4 is really well done. Good job, good submission.

I have a question about the pylons. Are they grey instead of black like the rest of the jet?

I searched for pictires but cant find one with the pylons.

Thanks for this submission.

Hope to see this one soon included into the module.

Cool, to see somebody giving attention to the VX-squadrons.

If you dont have a submission for the B yet, may I ask you to submit the VX-9 (Modex 240) or the VX-30 (Modex 210) ???

Thanks

Hi hi

so happy that you like it 🙏 🙂

well there are around 20 VX tomcats i will attach the file of VX TOMCATs list here, and 

BuNo:159853    Model: F-14A-90-GR   Sqd: VX-4    Callsign: XF1 (Bunny one)  (Late)  Pictures :

D51gODCWkAA953p.jpg

92360332_3321981617816287_6985570174422220800_o.jpg

I am making early version , too 

Pictures :

photo_9999_67972.jpgVX-4.jpg

About the B model I know a good mate (in discord ) made a good one and i hope he will share it here !

maybe i do for B model , too but first of all i need to know which B model we have ?! 150-GR or ... ?!

VX Tomcats List.txt

Edited by sadjad-vosoul
  • Thanks 1

My Gear :

Thanks for feedback about the pylons.

Great Idea to do a version for both the early and the late one.

vor 22 Minuten schrieb sadjad-vosoul:

About the B model I know a good mate (in discord ) made a good one and i hope he will share it here !

maybe i do for B model , too but first of all i need to know which B model we have ?! 150-GR or ... ?!

Yes, hope your buddy submit his B-livery to this contest.

Hope to see a B livery from you too.

You did a really good job on your VX-4.

As soon as this one is included into the module, I will hop in on multiplayer and spash some bandits.

Thanks for this submission and maybe upcoming B-submission.

PS: I checked your attached list

There was a VX-30 B-Cat. Modex 210. Cant find it in your list. Just both D-Cats.

This 3-headed dog looks just insane. If you would submit this for the B, I will marry you 😉

Edited by CanopyJettison
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, sadjad-vosoul said:

Which livery we are talking about for the B?

Anyway, every livery is welcome.

Would be cool if you could contact him and ask him to submit it. Send him Greetings from the community

If you really decide to do a B-livery, here are some ideas:

Sluggers HiViz

Swordsmen HiViz

RedRippers HiViz

Grim Reapers HiViz

Bedevilers HiViz

VF103 Santa Cat 2000 and/or 1996

VX-9 (Modex 240)

VX-30 (Modex 210)

(added VX-9 and VX-30 for CanopyJettison)

Swordsmen is green, because it is already in the making by Shmoo42.

Cant wait seeing this one revealed.

Edited by Moorhuhn
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CanopyJettison said:

Thanks for feedback about the pylons.

Great Idea to do a version for both the early and the late one.

Yes, hope your buddy submit his B-livery to this contest.

Hope to see a B livery from you too.

You did a really good job on your VX-4.

As soon as this one is included into the module, I will hop in on multiplayer and spash some bandits.

Thanks for this submission and maybe upcoming B-submission.

PS: I checked your attached list

There was a VX-30 B-Cat. Modex 210. Cant find it in your list. Just both D-Cats.

This 3-headed dog looks just insane. If you would submit this for the B, I will marry you 😉

2 hours ago, Moorhuhn said:

Which livery we are talking about for the B?

Anyway, every livery is welcome.

Would be cool if you could contact him and ask him to submit it. Send him Greetings from the community

If you really decide to do a B-livery, here are some ideas:

Sluggers HiViz

Swordsmen HiViz

RedRippers HiViz

Grim Reapers HiViz

Bedevilers HiViz

VX-9 (Modex 240)

VX-30 (Modex 210)

(added VX-9 and VX-30 for CanopyJettison)

Swordsmen is green, because it is already in the making by Shmoo42.

Cant wait seeing this one revealed.

image.png

Well let me be Honest... ! I fell in love with this Skin , too 

if nobody cares about VX-9  XF240 , then i will do that,too !

• Thanks 3

My Gear :

39 minutes ago, Wolf_Trauma said:

My VX-9 Livery is at it's final stages, I am doing the BuNo: 164604 for the F-14D-170-GR VX-9 callsign: XF1 on the F-14B

Awesome buddy ! 

@CanopyJettison  @Moorhuhn I found someone @timber29 has done VX-30 210 & VX-9 Vampires 241  Before , here is the Download Links :

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/3311721/

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3311793/

Edited by sadjad-vosoul

My Gear :

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Wolf_Trauma:

My VX-9 Livery is at it's final stages, I am doing the BuNo: 164604 for the F-14D-170-GR VX-9 callsign: XF1 on the F-14B

Thanks a lot.

The D Version is complete black, right? Would be cool to see this as a fictional livery for the B included.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb sadjad-vosoul:

image.png

Well let me be Honest... ! I fell in love with this Skin , too 

@sadjad-vosoul  Yes, please go ahead. This would be the candle on top of this contest, for me. Thanks in advance.

@timber29  Would it be possible, to submit your VX-30 210 for the B to this contest?

With VX-9 and VX-30 included into the Module, I think we have the B completed. Every squadron will be in there with at least one livery.

Lets make this happen...

Thanks again

Edited by CanopyJettison
  • Like 3

IF we ever got the D model's TCS added as a model argument, then AI D models at least would be feasible. Or you can pretend it's a D in the meantime.

That would also make the B model prototype possible as well. But, HB would need to make all the TCS as animation arguments across the models to make that feasible. There are photos of the B prototype/test/D model tester with no TCS whatsover, bullet fairing, and with D TCS housing.

• Like 1

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Hey all,

as many other here I wanted to ask if somebody would create and submit one of those both liveries for me :angel:

grafik.png

grafik.png

I really really love the Red Rippers and would love to see at least one of those included into the module. I think i prefer the St. Patricks Day a bit. But just a Little bit.

Both are F-14B

Thanks for helping me out 🙂

Am 18.12.2020 um 03:41 schrieb sadjad-vosoul:

Please go ahead. Would love to see the F-14B Vampires included into the game.

I would also love to see @timber29  VX-30 Bloodhounds included. I think just the 210 was a B right? the other were A or Ds?

Would love to see the 210 included

Edited by T-O-A
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, T-O-A said:

grafik.png

grafik.png

Those both liveries look awesome.

To be honest I never knew that those existed until now.

But they look out of this world.

We need them both to be included into the module.

I add them both to the list of missing B-liveries:

Sluggers HiViz

Swordsmen HiViz

RedRippers HiViz

RedRippers Christmas

RedRippers St. Patricks Day

Grim Reapers HiViz

Bedevilers HiViz (Olympia Rings)

VX-9 (Modex 240)

VX-30 (Modex 210)

Would be awesome to get the VF103 Santa Cat as well.

You flying the RedRipper Christmas skin and i am your wingman with the VF103 Santa cat skin. :wub:

Would be awesome, if this will ever happen.

But its christmas, the time of wonder :santa:

On 12/18/2020 at 3:41 AM, sadjad-vosoul said:

If this is a final confirm, I will make the VX-9 (Modex 240) entry in the list green. Would be awesome. Thanks man.

@timber29 also from my side, I would love to see your VX30 210 livery submitted. With your confirm, I will also make this entry green.

Stay healthy

21 hours ago, T-O-A said:

Hey all,

as many other here I wanted to ask if somebody would create and submit one of those both liveries for me :angel:

grafik.png

grafik.png

I really really love the Red Rippers and would love to see at least one of those included into the module. I think i prefer the St. Patricks Day a bit. But just a Little bit.

Both are F-14B

Thanks for helping me out 🙂

Please go ahead. Would love to see the F-14B Vampires included into the game.

I would also love to see @timber29  VX-30 Bloodhounds included. I think just the 210 was a B right? the other were A or Ds?

Would love to see the 210 included

Happy Landings!

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305978/

Screen_190811_134004.jpg

Would it be possible to submit it to this contest?

Would really love to see this one included for the F-14B module

Edit: I just saw Jack already submitted a B livery.

Good job on that VF31.

Edited by T-O-A

Jack, awesome Tomcatters livery!

I think this was the best livery the D ever had.