Seperate Head and Eye Tracking Settings.

Sean Archer

Hi,

This is going to be difficult for me to explain, so I hope I can make it clear.

I have a laptop with tobii eye tracking device. It can detect both eye and head movement separately; gaze tracking and head tracking.

Now DCS has a settings category named ''HeadTracker'' but those settings actually govern both eye and head tracking simultaneously. I mean in DCS there are no difference between head or gaze tracking. And so I cannot set their settings differently.

Do you think there is anyway to edit gaze tracking setting separately? (maybe adding another setting category; GazeTracker?)

I have the eye tracker too. But I do all the settings via the Tobii Gamehub, which works very well.

Yeah I also like the Gamehub's settings. But if you had different separate settings in the game, it would be so much different.

For example, you could set your gaze tracking to ''Absolute Camera Horizontal View'' and ''Absolute Camera Vertical View'' while your head tracking controls the ''Absolute Horizontal Shift Camera View'' and ''Absolute Vertical Shift Camera View''. By doing so you would get both looking around and moving your head in the cockpit (with the exception of z axis ''Absolute Longitude Shift Camera View'')

In my DCS settings I have two columns one is named Track IR and controls the head movements and the second one is named Headtracker and controls the absolute shift camera view. The saturation and curve can be adjusted via fine tuning.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tDigital Combat Simulator Black Shark Screenshot 2020.11.14 - 14.28.53.16.png Views:\t1 Size:\t415.8 KB ID:\t7138510","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"7138510","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

That's interesting. I use the Tobii in Alienware 17R4, what do you use? Do you also have both eye and head track in game?

I have only one column named HeadTracker and it controls both eye and head movement. And that's what I mean, I cannot control my head and eye tracking separately.

262994166_DigitalCombatSimulator11_14_20204_49_37PM.thumb.png.ae4c75e4d33685da523782c26d4a4086.png

I work with a desktop PC, the eye tracker is a separate piece of hardware. But I'm unsure now because I've installed vjoy for il-2. By default, I have disabled the vjoy. In practice, however, I can move my head and eyes at the same time, which affects the viewing angle. In Gamehub I have 3 options (Gaze Tracking, Head Tracking, Control Features).

I work with a desktop PC, the eye tracker is a separate piece of hardware. But I'm unsure now because I've installed vjoy for il-2. By default, I have disabled the vjoy. In practice, however, I can move my head and eyes at the same time, which affects the viewing angle. In Gamehub I have 3 options (Gaze Tracking, Head Tracking, Control Features).

I have the same options in Gamehub. I do not know why I don't have TrackIR category in the game settings. It may be that they have implemented both eye and head tracking only as headtracking, though I do not know.

Thank you for the suggestion, Dallenbach.

Well I did a clean installation of the core and game hub as you suggested. It is still the same. I installed lastest version of the core on tobii website then tried latest version on dell website, and your version. With all of them everything was same.