Multiplayer Team Select Splash Screen

NeMoGas

I know this has been asked before over the years and I'm not exactly sure why it has not been added, but can we please get a team select splash screen before we can view the role select screen in multiplayer servers?

This becomes a real issue since at any time even during flight you can pull up the role select screen and see where your enemy is flying out of, and what they are flying.

I can see this not being a big issue for servers with a single spawn location for each team, but in servers where you are supposed to capture and hold different airbases and FARP's this can and does get exploited regularly.

I would like to be welcomed by a splash screen with such things as an area for mission designers to display the server rules and Discord or SRS addresses (basically the briefing) with two or three buttons that would allow you to select red team, blue team, or spectators (if the server allows spectators) before you can view the available slots on said team.

Now I understand that there might be some servers that like the current design so maybe add a checkbox in the ME to enable a feature like this?

I really hope we can get something like this in play because even though I would like to believe all DCS players wouldn't want to use an exploit or cheat just to win, experience has shown me otherwise unfortunately.

Thanks for your consideration.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As I've said before on another page of this topic: This is a feature that is sorely needed. No matter if you're Blue or Red, if you go to spawn in, you should not be able to see what the other guy has. Ergo, if Fog of War is enabled, you must choose which faction you're going to play as, and if you choose to play as that faction, you will not see the other factions spawns.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...