2 great solutions, not working together. Stream Deck + DCS UFS on tablet.

Hi all,

I'm talking about these 2.

https://github.com/charlestytler/streamdeck-dcs-interface (amazing Stream Deck integration)

https://github.com/pet333r/pw-dev_script (Want to use this for F-14B RIO CAP and A-10C CDU as those are not that good to have them on steam decks.)

Problem is, both are based on this. https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts

That is, the Steam Deck tool uses it untouched while the DCS UFS tool uses an heavily edited one.

Contacted both developers. Stream Deck plugin developer stated that he would have loved to be not depended of the DCS-ExportScripts but as of now, it is not.

DCS UFC developer stated to try mingle with service poorts.

So far.... if I have both in my export file.....

local lfs=require('lfs');dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua]]) ---DCS UFC

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]]) ---Stream Deck

...the DCS UFC Tablet does not receive data. Pressing a button does work however.

If I comment out the DCS UFC and configure the other to also send data to the Stream Deck, it does not receive data.

If I comment out the Stream Deck and configure the other to also send data to the Tablet, then that does not receive data.

I'm not a programmer but I work in ICT.

>It's not the network.

>it's not the firewall.

Might be something with both scripts using the same variable names, but I cannot really distinguish commands from variables in LUA as I'm not all too familiar in LUA.

Has anyone got these to work together or can offer help?

Thanks in Advance.

I have a Stream Deck XL and 2 Android Tablets running DCS UFC and I am able to use them together without problem.

I encountered the same problems you experienced when I initially tried to use streamdeck-dcs-interface and DCS UFC together. I experimented with different combinations of streamdeck-dcs-interface, DCS-ExportScript and DCS UFC and found that the solution is simply to use DCS-ExportScript for the Stream Deck interface, along with DCS UFC for the Android Tablet interface.

Here is the text from my Export.lua file (the one in the main Scripts folder):

-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])

-- Load DCS UFC

local lfs=require('lfs');dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\pw-dev_script\Export.lua]])

DCS-ExportScript must appear first, if you invert the order and place DCS UFC first, it won't work.

Also make sure that the DCS-ExportScript and DCS UFC Send Ports and Listener Ports are different and not duplicated between the two scripts (i.e. a different Send Port for each script and a different Listener Port for each script). By default, they should be different.

Good Luck!

• Like 1

Those are the only two entries in my Export.lua file. The problem may lie in your Stream Deck profile or possibly in your Key Binds.

I have a few questions:

1. Does the Stream Deck work by itself?

2. Which module(s) are you using?

3. What Stream Deck profile are you using?

I'm away on business right now and I don't have access to my home computer. I can contact you via PM after I return home on Friday to continue troubleshooting.

Tried it with just those 2 entries and still no luck.

I have 1 tablet with DCS UFC and 2 streamdecks. (a standard one that switches the profile on the other one that is an XL)

1. Does the Stream Deck work by itself?

They do when I don't have the DCS UFC line in my export.lua

2. Which module(s) are you using?

At this moment I use it for the A-10C, A-10Cii and F-14B RIO Seat.

3. What Stream Deck profile are you using?

I made them myself.

I have the same problem as Waddel. Here are my findings so far:

dcs-ufc before dcs-export: streamdeck (dcs-export) WORKS, dcs-ufc does NOT work

dcs-ufc after dcs-export: streamdeck (dcs-export) DOES NOT WORK, dcs-ufc works

The ports are different between the two.

I also went as far as renaming every occurrence of ExportScript to ExportScriptp inside the folder structure associated with DCS-UFC. After verifying that the renamed version worked by itself, unfortunately, the results of combining the two were the same as above.

After some additional testing, I've had mixed results and it really depends on which module I am trying to use.

I tested the A-10C and discovered some of the same problems that blue-blazer was experiencing. I tested the A-10C using the Stream Deck and the tablets together and again using just the Stream Deck by itself. In both cases, the UFC functioned properly after re-assigning some of the default key binds, but the CDU does not function at all. It appears that there is a compatibility issue between DCS-ExportScript and the new A-10C/A-10C II which causes the default key binds not to be recognized by DCS when generated by the Stream Deck. Unfortunately, the DCS-ExportScript was last updated 9 months ago and will not be updated.

I mainly use my Stream Deck and the tablets with the F/A-18C. With the exception of having to reassign a couple of the default key binds, both the Stream Deck and the tablets work fine with the F/A-18C.

• 4 weeks later...

Same problem here. I have tried various combinations of local variables in the primary export file but nothing is working for me. I have verified there are no port conflicts between the two scripts.

Waddell, I'm a bit confused when you talk about using ExportScript and DCS UFC app together successfully. You mention keybinds, but the streamdeck-dcs-interface plugin does not have anything to do with keybinds. It sends/reads values directly to/from specific controls in the cockpit via ExportScript, regardless of whether or not a keybind even exists. That is what is not working for us.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

@Feller-Buncher , @dflight01, or anybody else, did you ever get this working?

I see that the DCS UFC github page now handwaves over it a bit. I think it's saying to use that script instead of ExportScripts? But it comes with a big caveat:

IMPORTANT The script does not send all the data from the modules available for DCS World. Therefore, not every available 'option' will be transferred between DCS World and StreamDeck (if you use any ready-made configurations found on the Internet). This is because the DCS UFC application does not need all this data and there is no need to send it additionally (it only increases the network traffic)

That makes me uncomfortable, as I'm using the exportscript extensively already, and even if it doesn't affect what I'm currently doing, it sounds like it might in the future. I'd be happier if I could get both scripts working side-by-side. I'm mainly using the A10C II.

I am using DCS moving map, another application by the same developer of DCS UFC.  I also use the streamdeck plug in.

I discovered that having both of these lines in the Scripts-> export.lua file prevents streamdeck from working

dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])

pcall(function() local pw=require('lfs');dofile(pw.writedir()..[[Scripts\pw-dev_script\ExportInit.lua]]); end,nil);

but only using the first line allows both to function normally. So it appears that they conflict.

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal

• 1 month later...

Has anyone found a solution to this?

It is such a pity that this does not work properly...... I am really torn between my Stream Deck and my Tablet(s).

7950x3D,  64GB DDR5 6000MT/s CL30,  4090, all cooled by a custom loop using a MoRa3 420 / LG OLED C1 48" / Virpil HOTAS / Most Modules / Not much to time to enjoy it all 😞