Ground Crew does not remove chocks, unless RPM is at or below 4000

Shadow KT

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

Hi,

As far as I am aware this is correct, do you have any information to say this should not happen? 

My understanding it would be dangerous to remove wheel chocks with RPM not at idle. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 12/29/2020 at 1:45 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi,

As far as I am aware this is correct, do you have any information to say this should not happen? 

My understanding it would be dangerous to remove wheel chocks with RPM not at idle. 

1. Why would it be dangerous to remove the wheel chocks, can you elaborate ? Usually, there would be a rope connecting the two chocks ,which hold the wheel in place. The pilot will hold the brakes and a ground crew member would get under the wing and pull them out. He is not effected by the engine intake in any way, if that is what is considered dangerous.
  2. It did not used to be this way. This behavior was introduced after a patch and it effected wheels chocks only .
  3. Even if you don't hold the brakes, the aircraft DOES NOT start rolling until 5800-6200 RPM. That's with a clean aircraft, full fuel, full guns and 20 C OAT.
  4. The aircraft's generator does not kick in until 4300-4500 RPM.  The chocks can only be removed under 4100-4000RPM.
  5. At the same time, you could remove the ground power even at 5000RPM.

If this behavior is intended and going to stay, can we get a logical explanation to it ?

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• ED Team

The logic being you are increasing RPM, it would be more dangerous for ground crew, and harder to remove the wheel chocks with more force on them. 

I will ask the team, but please bare in mind we are on a break currently until the 11th.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Checked with the team, this is intended behaviour. 

thanks

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

The logic being you are increasing RPM, it would be more dangerous for ground crew, and harder to remove the wheel chocks with more force on them. 

I will ask the team, but please bare in mind we are on a break currently until the 11th.

thanks

I am sorry.... I do not understand. As I wrote above... the aircraft does not start to roll, until around 6000 RPM... this is almost 2000 RPM higher, than what the threshold is set at right now. You also have brakes.

All we need is a 500-700 RPM bump for the threshold (to around 5000RPM)... so power from the generator is not cut off from the avionics. There is no pressure applied to the wheel chocks... the aircraft cannot move its self, from a stand still, with these engine settings. Where is the danger ?

Using the same logic of applying pressure and an unknown "danger", why can the player manage the GPU (Ground Power Unit) at 5000RPM ? And no... please do not break the GPU. 

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

• ED Team

As mentioned it is intended behaviour, I have checked with the team. 

I can not give you any more information, we are currently on a break until the 11th if I find out anything else I will let you know.