HOTAS throttle issues with F-18C in VR

Laika007

Hello, I am new to the VR world. I have Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog replica A-10 throttle and joystick. I have downloaded Steam VR, VR A-10C, and VR F-18C. When flying the A-10C in VR, there are no issues with both the throttle and joystick. When flying the F-18C in VR and in free flight, the joy stick works but, the throttle does not. Originally, when I moved the throttle, it would adjust the pitch and yaw peddles but not the thrust. The aircraft throttle is locked into a position and cannot be moved using the HOTAS throttle. I have read a bit on how to program the throttle by deleting commands and adding some others to the “Thrust” cell but to no avail. Again, I am new to this so I am not sure how to get the throttle working when fling the F-18C in VR. Is it possible to get a step, by step process on what needs to be done to program the throttle correctly and address the throttle issues or, is the Thrustmaster throttle not going to work with the F-18C in VR and I will need to purchase a different throttle? Any and all help would be appreciated - THANKS!

Hi! I'm using the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, and I'm flying in VR as well. I'm not familiar with VR FA-18C though. However, I have no issues with using the throttle and stick, regardless of VR or not. As far as i know, the controls you are using shouldn't be related to VR. Are you sure you have your HOTAS set up correctly in settings? I don't use any additional software for either VR or my HOTAS, and it works flawlessly. Try without any extra software, thats just likely to mess things up.

Hello, I am new to the VR world. I have Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog replica A-10 throttle and joystick. I have downloaded Steam VR, VR A-10C, and VR F-18C. When flying the A-10C in VR, there are no issues with both the throttle and joystick. When flying the F-18C in VR and in free flight, the joy stick works but, the throttle does not. Originally, when I moved the throttle, it would adjust the pitch and yaw peddles but not the thrust. The aircraft throttle is locked into a position and cannot be moved using the HOTAS throttle. I have read a bit on how to program the throttle by deleting commands and adding some others to the “Thrust” cell but to no avail. Again, I am new to this so I am not sure how to get the throttle working when fling the F-18C in VR. Is it possible to get a step, by step process on what needs to be done to program the throttle correctly and address the throttle issues or, is the Thrustmaster throttle not going to work with the F-18C in VR and I will need to purchase a different throttle? Any and all help would be appreciated - THANKS!

Check post #4 in the following thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/englis...ht-thrust-f-18

Seemed the OP of the thread above, was having a similar issue as you - my direction fixed the issue for him, hopefully it will do the same for you. This is in regards to assigning the OFF/IDLE detents, which might cause an issue that you are describing.

Double check that you are selecting the "assign axis" button on the bottom of the controls menu - to assign the thrust. Also ensure that you disconnect the throttles on your physical HOTAS so you can assign the left and right throttle independently.

Last piece of advice/guidance for this issue to try and troubleshoot - is double check that nothing has been bound to the throttle axis' in the UI layer (which has bindings for VR stuff and I believe there is an axis' button on the bottom of that category as well).

Ensure that you are selecting the "appropriate" F/A-18C main category as well. There is a "GAME" and "SIM" F/A-18C. You should be using the "F/A-18C SIM" main category, as there are limitations to what you can do when flying in "GAME MODE."

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria