F18 Mav 65F problem

patrey1136

when I'm flying the F18 and using Mav 65F the first 4 go off with no problem I land reload take off the first one times and shoots then the DDI goes back to what looks like the timing screen but with no timer running? after about 2 min. 45 sec. it comes back on I shoot one and it's back to the timing screen without the timer? and again around 2 min. 45 sec. before I can shoot another and it's like this for everyone I shoot from then on. I uninstalled the plane and reinstalled it but that didn't help. anyone else having this problem??

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 9:32 AM, patrey1136 said:

the first one times and shoots then the DDI goes back to what looks like the timing screen but with no timer running? 

I have also encountered a similar problem when using the AGM-65F (no targeting pod) and at least one of my squad mates has seen it also. So far a work around that seems to work is using STEP to cycle through all the Mavericks after starting the timer. 

thanks for the reply but I've tried that I've uninstalled the game and the plane to no avail, the first 4 work fine after reload they all look like the timing screen with no timer???? and come on after 2.5 minutes but they work fine in the stream version.

I've also experienced this problem with the AGM-F65 the first four work great, but after I land and reload the first one is ok but the remaining three show black screen but will work is you wait for a while.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

I think I just had similar:

Took off with 2 x 65Fs. Didn't use them, landed, refuelled and replaced 2 x HARMs with two more 65Fs.

Fired my first one. Second one would not show Mav View, no countdown timer, could not cage/uncage and the Mav inverted triangle was rendered above the velocity indicator. After a while it started working (i had switched to Air 2 Air, master arm off etc. in an attempt to get it to work). Reading the above I wonder if it was actually redoing the timer but not telling me.

Update:

Same mission last night. First lot of 2 65Fs released, all went well. Landed, loaded 4 more, took off, Master arm on, A/G, 65Fs selected, chose Mav View. nothing, no countdown timer. After 3 minutes the view came life, 65F released, next lined up and same issue, took another 3 minutes to warm up but no timer displayed. Rearming seems to be the issue. Not sure if it's supposed to do this but when I went to rearm the 65Fs were still showing on my loadout.

I have had this issue as well. It happens once you have fired 4 mav's, then you go back land and grab some more. WHen you select MAVF on the stores page it starts the cooldown for the store selected, however none of the others are cooling down. You can start them cooling down by quickly stepping through the stores, this will start their cooldown timer. The timmer is not shown however on any of the MAVF's when you reload.

• BIGNEWY changed the title to F18 Mav 65F problem
  • ED Team

the team have reproduce the issues and reported

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

When I rearm and refuel, get a second round of Mavericks, there is no timer displayed when I go to arm them. Yet, they do indeed come on after about 2 minutes. Is this normal behavior? 

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |