[FIXED] Range on the BRM-1 rockets is too short

Kumabit

Based on the public information, the range on the BRM-1 rockets should be at around 8km, that's about 4 nmi. However, right now in game the "IN RANGE" que will only appear when the distance between me and the target is less than 2.5 nmi. Should the range be higher? Even the vikhr has a range higher than this (max range on vikhr is around 7.4km) and it's fired on a chopper which is standing still...

Please take a look on this, thank you.

Note: After I tried in single-player mode, it seems like this problem is only appearing in multi-player mode.

After reading some previous posts, is this a range problem or an accuracy problem? The rocket will just fly to and land at a random place when firing from further than 2.5 nmi in multi-player. THB I even prefer the old beam rider now lol

You don't need the IN RANGE cue to fire the BRM. They have a range of about 7.2-7.5nm when fired @ ~290kts, 9000ft. If anything, the IN RANGE cue seems to be the thing that is broken because the rocket definitely has more range than what the cue is showing

As far as that WMD7 lasing bug goes, I think it has to do with the 3D model being messed up. If you haven't noticed, the 3D model of the pod doesn't follow the direction you are looking inside the cockpit. In fact if you cage it, it looks straight ahead instead of closing backwards to protect the lens. And when you overfly the point your are looking at, the TGP model will snap to look up, which I think is the root of the problem.

You don't need the IN RANGE cue to fire the BRM. They have a range of about 7.2-7.5nm when fired @ ~290kts, 9000ft. If anything, the IN RANGE cue seems to be the thing that is broken because the rocket definitely has more range than what the cue is showing

As far as that WMD7 lasing bug goes, I think it has to do with the 3D model being messed up. If you haven't noticed, the 3D model of the pod doesn't follow the direction you are looking inside the cockpit. In fact if you cage it, it looks straight ahead instead of closing backwards to protect the lens. And when you overfly the point your are looking at, the TGP model will snap to look up, which I think is the root of the problem.

The problem right now is I need to get within 2.3 nmi to hit the target reliably. Hope DEKA can address this add fix this problem soon.