Couple Questions About Exporting ViewPorts

I'm building a generic pit with two monitors, one for heads up and one for heads down. The heads down monitor will be incased within MDF, similar to how RomeoKilo did his here: https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/englis...omeokilo-s-pit

I've been playing with exporting things to my heads down monitor, and I can export the MFD's and the IFEI of the Hornet just via the lines in the indicator's _init.lua. I've exported the Hornet's RWR this way, and I see the same issues others have posted about here.

My question is, if I want to export the RWR and some of the other Hornet gauges, such as the Altimeter and the Artificial Horizon, is using Helios my best route?

I've just started reading about Helios, and I wasn't sure if I could use it to export and position individual gauges/displays, if I made my own profile?

Am I better off doing everything via Helios, MFD's included?

My plan was to drive both monitors from one computer, but I understand if I use only Helios, I could drive my heads down from a second box, if I need the extra horse power.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hello Aggie and welcome.

to clarify, RWR , MFCD, and all special screens will be rendered by DCS itself, you will need to configure monitors.lua per instructions. Analog gauges will be rendered by Helios, overlayed on top and actuated per data export. I haven't looked into Helios for quite some time, it sounds like recent versions will help you configure monitors and the required data exports. I would keep helios on the same system as DCS, that way you can overlay everything on the same screen.

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project