Compatibility issue with Export.lua and other devices

CrashEd

So yesterday my Super Taurus arrived and I got it all mapped and set up with minimal fuss. Flew a few missions and all was well. The SimAppPro software edited the export file and made a back up of the current one. All Winwing bells and whistles were working well with just the WW lines of code added to the Export.lua file.

I run the DCS export script (https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts) for my Streamdeck and also DCS BIOS, so once I added these lines to the Export.lua file then all of the WW stuff stops working. I tried adding the code to the beginning and end of the file but no dice.

Having just spent a big chunk of money on this hardware, it would be good to have it all functioning.

Has anyone got any ideas on how to get both working?

It does work. I have the Simappro and DCS-Bios loading fine in the Export.lua

Ensure the Simappro export command is first in the Export.lua file then point Simappro to another folder so it doesn't remove the other lines when it restarts

The WW team has been notified that Simappro does overwrite the Export.lua every time it restarts

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

It does work. I have the Simappro and DCS-Bios loading fine in the Export.lua

Ensure the Simappro export command is first in the Export.lua file then point Simappro to another folder so it doesn't remove the other lines when it restarts

The WW team has been notified that Simappro does overwrite the Export.lua every time it restarts

Just tried this and I still can’t get it to work.

Just to make sure I’m not doing anything eminently daft:

- Load SimAppPro (SAP)

- Point to Export.lua

- ‘Fix’ it to add WW lua code

- Edit the file and add DCSBIOS code etc

- Change the folder SAP points to (user data path)

- Run DCS

Am I doing anything wrong?? I don’t get any lights syncing with DCS but my other HW works...

Any help would be appreciated!

Just tried this and I still can’t get it to work.

Just to make sure I’m not doing anything eminently daft:

- Load SimAppPro (SAP)

- Point to Export.lua

- ‘Fix’ it to add WW lua code

- Edit the file and add DCSBIOS code etc

- Change the folder SAP points to (user data path)

- Run DCS

Am I doing anything wrong?? I don’t get any lights syncing with DCS but my other HW works...

Any help would be appreciated!

Each panel has a backlighting button, click it and set it to 'Sync DCS'

• Like 1

Roger - I’ve got that set already :thumbup:

Can you just try the Simappro and DCS-bios lines in the export.lua and see if it's the steam deck causing the issues?

Can you just try the Simappro and DCS-bios lines in the export.lua and see if it's the steam deck causing the issues?

I’ve tried them separately and they both work fine (independently). I have DCSBIOS and streamdeck lines in there, so I’ll try removing one or the other and see which one is causing the issue. It’ll be annoying if it’s the SD as I use it a lot. DCSBIOS less so...

Thanks.

These are the lines in mine that work fine.....

local wwtlfs=require('lfs')

dofile(wwtlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/wwt/wwtExport.lua')

BIOS = {}; BIOS.LuaScriptDir = [[C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\dcs-lua]]; BIOS.PluginDir = [[C:\Users\phill\AppData\Roaming/DCS-BIOS/Plugins]]; if lfs.attributes(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[bIOS.lua]]) ~= nil then dofile(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[bIOS.lua]]) end --[[DCS-BIOS Automatic Setup]]

• Like 1

These are the lines in mine that work fine.....

BIOS = {}; BIOS.LuaScriptDir = [[C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\dcs-lua]]; BIOS.PluginDir = [[C:\Users\phill\AppData\Roaming/DCS-BIOS/Plugins]]; if lfs.attributes(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[bIOS.lua]]) ~= nil then dofile(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[bIOS.lua]]) end --[[DCS-BIOS Automatic Setup]]

Mine's the same except for the additional streamdeck line:

-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])

This is what is causing the issue. The DCSBIOS line has no affect on the WW hardware, as you say. As far as I can see there' s no conflicting ports, so I don't understand why this line blocks the WW hardware. Here's my full Export.lua file for completeness:

-- load the DCS ExportScript for DAC and Ikarus
dofile(lfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-ExportScript\ExportScript.lua]])

--local dcsRg=require('lfs');dofile(dcsRg.writedir()..[[scripts\DCS-raygun.lua]])

BIOS = {}; BIOS.LuaScriptDir = [[C:\Program Files\DCS-BIOS\dcs-lua\]]; BIOS.PluginDir = [[C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming/DCS-BIOS/Plugins\]]; if lfs.attributes(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[bIOS.lua]]) ~= nil then dofile(BIOS.LuaScriptDir..[[bIOS.lua]]) end --[[DCS-BIOS Automatic Setup]]

And it is located in:

C:\Users\XXXX\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts

• 2 weeks later...

WW's software is EVIL and rewrites your export.lua. Even after pointing it to a different folder it still rewrote mine. The only solution was to start up SimAppPro (have it overwrite export.lua). Open up export.lua in notepad++, etc and fix it. Then start DCS.

WW's software is EVIL and rewrites your export.lua. Even after pointing it to a different folder it still rewrote mine. The only solution was to start up SimAppPro (have it overwrite export.lua). Open up export.lua in notepad++, etc and fix it. Then start DCS.

Evil???? hmmmmm....right!!

On 11/28/2020 at 3:56 PM, Andy t said:

no sure about evil, but it's pretty basic/undeveloped and really shold be made to work alongside other manufacturer's hardware.

No, just do like I did and set it like you want for firmware, set your brightness, and uninstall it.

I just got my new system and haven’t even thought about putting it in there, and won’t unless their F-16 throttle requires it.

My main beef was that it would create additional vJoy devices. Was that ever fixed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

• 1 year later...

Two years later and SimAppPro has the same stupid problems!? I have the combat and takeoff panels, and have this crap software only so the backlighting will sync, but I'm not sure its worht the hassle. Recently my SRS/VoiceAttack/VIACOM setup, that worked great before, no longer did. I found that SRS, after every reboot, would not connect (it would not give me the Green Game meatball, only Server and VOIP). I narrowed it down (after many many tries) to WinWing messing with my Export.lua file 😡🤬

working version:

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])
pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

AfterSimAppPro messes around:

pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);

local vaicomlfs = require('lfs'); dofile(vaicomlfs.writedir()..[[Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua]])

Super annoying to have to fix this before running DCS. So I just wrote a python script to do it for me. But I think I might just uninstall this really bad software (I'm a S/W dev. by trade so I have some background to form an opinion). Its cons are outweighing its one Pro (lighting sync).

ASUS Strix Z490-E, i7-10700K, Corsair Vengeance 32GB Ram 3200MHz, ASUS Strix RTX3080, Corsair 465X case

32" 4K, TM Warthog Stick/Throttle, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Winwing Combat and Takeoff panels, Rift S, Tobii Eye Tracker 5