Kneeboard Extension not showing up.

Hotstepper

Hello,

I like VAICOM very, very much. So I had bought the Kneeboard Extension.

It is working --- a little bit.

The Kneeboard opens with the "Kneeboard"-Command. But there is no Tab or the yellow Marker at the left.

Even after JTAC Report 9-Line.

It looks like the Standard-DCS Kneeboard. I have no other Kneeboard-Bindings in VAICOM. License is working.

All other VAICOM-Things are working perfect. The License is activated:

vaicom.png.a233c106469fcb4c4a4e22cc5d0f73a4.png

Can someone help me or have any suggestions? Every help is welcome.

Screen_201117_235052.thumb.png.9241e0229baeaf22e9edaf779af1923c.png

(Tabs in the Kneeboard not showing up.)

Greetings Hotstepper.

Confirm VA and VAICOM are up to date versions, VA must be running as admin.

If needed, use the Custom Path option to point to your DCS install folder.

Confirm you have done the FINISH steps.

Always start VA before starting DCS.

Use the standard DCS keybinds to step through the kneeboards pages (VAICOM IK is the first page).

• Thanks 1

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Hurray,

now it is working like a charm.

I have done a DCS Repair. I think there was an issue with the common.lua, speech.lua and NATO.lua in scripts/speech folder.

The files were replaced by the repair and now all is working perfectly.

Many thanks for reply and help in this case.

Greetings Hottie.

• 2 weeks later...

In case others have similar problems with the install - like I had ...

Did you:

1. Validate your interactive kneeboad? ('About' tab on the config window). Thiss puts the new Vaicom commands onto the Windows clipboard.
  2.  Click 'Finish' on the Editor tab page to get the instructions on updating the Keyword Collection?
  3.  Delete the old and paste in the new Keyword collection?
  4.  Exit by clicking 'Apply' then 'Done'?

That should get you the new kneeboard display. However, to automatically show the various pages, there is one final step.

Make sure you tick the  'Auto Browse' box on the EX tab page. It is not very obvious as the text is dimmed.

Hope this helps.

207336292_Screenshot2020-12-02222837.jpg.5239088fff9a868b60726c64ab4d9cb7.jpg

Edited by Terry Dactil
  • Thanks 1

Very useful & informative @Terry Dactil

I'm probably in a small minority though who have a profile that tracks the Kneeboard pages to enbale me to request airfield charts, checklists etc for vairious modules and maps, this is also applicable to anybody using Bailey's profiles which I believe have a similar feature incorporated into them

With the AutoBrowse checkbox ticked, the kneeboard will jump to the Interactive kneeboard Page if it updates to add relevant information. This results in a loss of synchronization of tracking vairiables used in Voice Attack profiles.

In order to prevent autojumping I have the AutoBrowse disabled and simply added my own voice commands to my profile in order that I can have full control of when I want to look at these pages. The commands are detailed in Hollywood's excellent User Manual page 46. This allows vairaibles in a VA profile to still track the kneeboard pages and means that I can still call any other data I want to look at on the kneeboard when I want to.

• 11 months later...

Delete and copy in the new keywork collection.  LOL

What a nonsense this program is - having purchased and installed Viacom pro today (im not new to voiceattack been using it for years) its about as clear as mud.

There is no AI communications in the keywords either to replace or select.

Regretful purchase wish i had just stuck with plain voiceattack and my own profiles.  Also when i close voice attack now it constantly tries to reopen!

Unistall and delete for me

Edited by Hawkeye_UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Just to clarify i can see the custom kneeboard.

Jumping between the sheets is hit and miss - fails 65% of the time to select a page.  Still not been able to get on "Show log"

Went in A10C instant action, Syria for quick test.  In flight page so wingman will say open formatation, but try and get him to attack say "air defense" "armour" etc is just a non starter.  And why Anvil instead of "jtac", again rarely did "Anvil" load the page.  Terrible.

What a waste of $20 that was.

Never had an issue with my own voice profiles. 

Im English, obviously speak english well/clearly, yet this just fails to work.

Edited by Hawkeye_UK

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

Hmm...not sure your pointless ranting in different topics do you any good. I don't fly the A-10 and usually don't do A/G, since I fly almost exclusively the F-14, but out of interest I hopped into the A-10 Nellis Target practice mission, told my wingmen to engage amour and watched how he destroyed everything. Funny that VAICOM understands me, as a non-native speaker. Might be, because I read the manual, did put the time into understanding it and even adjusted a couple of keywords which won't come over my tongue .

One thing, that doesn't work for me, and most probably never will, are the ATC Names, beside the ones around Nellis, but that will be on me, because I don't train them or put aliases in, breaking my tongue pronouncing French / Arab airfields in English. 

Actually VAICOM (Re) starting on its own is a feature. It's a extra file doing this. You could get into the folder and start it without this feature, which, on occasion, saved my butt during a Mission, because of VA shutting down / crashing unwanted. After 10sec everything is back to normal. 

Ah, by the way, BEST money ever spend on an DCS accessory

Edited by Lt_Jaeger
  • Like 3

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Hawkeye_UK:

Just to clarify i can see the custom kneeboard.

Jumping between the sheets is hit and miss - fails 65% of the time to select a page.  Still not been able to get on "Show log" 

And why Anvil instead of "jtac", again rarely did "Anvil" load the page. 

Try "show tasking order" instead of log. 

And "operator" instead of Anvil. 

There are several aliases installed already. Depending on you speaking the one or the other works better. 

Frank 

• Like 2

System: Asus ROG STRIX X570 , Ryzen 9 5900X , ASUS ROG STRIX LC 240 , 64 GB GSkill 3200 Trident Z , Powercolor Red Devil RX 6900 XT , Running SSD only

Input: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog , Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals , Track IR 5, VoiceAttac with Vaicom Pro, HP Reverb G2

DCS Open Beta , Nevada NTTR Map, Persian Gulf Map , Syria Map, F-14 Tomcat , F/A-18C Hornet , F-16 Viper, AV-8B Harrier, Supercarrier