Ottoman Courier: Prologue campaign now out!

baltic_dragon

OK, one last question. I played this mission no three times (its pure fun) and was not able to hit the target.

Whats the problem? I mean...im straight on, "aim" on top a little bit forward and the bombs go long. In the recorded mission it was better cause i pinted in fron of the target, but the 2 runs before it was just...wow...cross on the target, bombs maybe 50 feet behind it.

Flying such missions on try and error is kinda frustrating with flight times from 30+ mins until the bombrun 😀

bomb run at 35:00

Edited by Eisprinzessin

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

the next mission is with laser guided bombs. (and to make it extra hard to miss your target your dropping on buildings 😂)

but yes, with unguided bombs ccrp you are very unlikely to hit from higher than 10 k feet. but its not about hitting a training target in a training mission, its about learning the procedure (radio, comms, final heading)

from your height there is stuff the plane cant calculate for you. like wind that is going to push the bomb off target.

(also if you needed to score a hit you would ripple off 4 bombs and not one 😅)

i would totally score this a hit if its inside the training grounds.

Edited by Wisky

OK now i see....was not so bad my bomb run. Next mission is nice, too. I like all the immersion with the radio comms and so on. as i am not a "rakuzard" (dont get me wrong, i like his clips but he is on the perfect side, whilest im still a gamer 😉 ) i like kinda "lightweight" campaigns an mission which give you a bit of education character.

Mission 3 i played 3 times as well. The debriefing was kinda weird. is it broken?

I defenetly hit both houses (i hope this where the right ones :-)). Once i got 1 hit on target, and on the othe both runs i got no hits (with defenetly the same hits).

But cant wait for the "real" Ottoman campaign.

Edited by Eisprinzessin

Specs:
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-12900K   3.20 GHz,  RAM 128 GB, Win11 Home, RTX3080Ti

On 2/16/2021 at 12:32 AM, baltic_dragon said:

@MudzNZ and everyone else having trouble with M05, please replace the attached file in your campaign folder. This one should work OK & sorry for trouble. 

OC_M05_FINAL.miz 30 MB · 75 downloads

File saved my day. All 4 Harries launch now.

I think i missed something in the Radio later on, cause all at the sudden there was a message about Choppers comin in, and later i was shut down by SAMS. So necessary to investigate again 🙂

Thanks for your great work.

Specs:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, deltatango said:

Looked at the mission in ME and it references some sound files (e.g. 'Spud 03 1s.ogg') which I can't see anywhere external to the .miz file.

The sound files (e.g. 'Spud 03 1s.ogg') are packed inside the .miz

When DCS plays a mission the mission's files, pictures, sound files, etc. are unpacked in a temporary folder.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

7 hours ago, Ramsay said:

The sound files (e.g. 'Spud 03 1s.ogg') are packed inside the .miz

When DCS plays a mission the mission's files, pictures, sound files, etc. are unpacked in a temporary folder.

Thanks. Was user error. Radios not tuned right. 🤦🏿‍♂️

Loved the prologue; voice overs, SOPs etc - I had tried on Facebook - but aaaany idea if we can see a continuation of the campaign soon(tm) ?! @baltic_dragon 

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2021 at 9:31 AM, baltic_dragon said:

I don’t have a specific ETA. Got 3 out of 10 missions ready, outline for whole campaign done, but I need to focus on some other projects first - and the manual, which is progressing nicely!

I've just finished this wonderful mini camapign, ultra immersive, as always with your products @baltic_dragon, you're the king, by far.

Can't wait for a second part after this PROLOGUE, and i would pay a great  price, knowing the extreme quality of your work !

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am having difficulty reaching my wingmen to hold position. I know it is through AI coms, but I have tried every stinking one and they don't respond. Can anyone assist? What is the correct freq? I though it was channel 1 set to G. 

its literally in your kneeboard. you want Flight (iirc its COM2 channel 1)

to use COM2 for AI comms you need to press the com2 transmit button (see keybindings, hotas).

it will open the regular radio menu, but using the com2 frequency

• 7 months later...
On 4/5/2021 at 12:03 PM, Eisprinzessin said:

OK, one last question. I played this mission no three times (its pure fun) and was not able to hit the target.

Whats the problem? I mean...im straight on, "aim" on top a little bit forward and the bombs go long. In the recorded mission it was better cause i pinted in fron of the target, but the 2 runs before it was just...wow...cross on the target, bombs maybe 50 feet behind it.

I've just completed the campaign and came here to praise BalticDragon for a phenomenal experience.  That's next :).  But I was surprised to see this comment because I had exactly the same experience.  Pickled on AUTO exactly on target, VVM right on the ASL, and my Mk 82s sailed long and hit 50 ft+ beyond the target.  Can't explain it, as I've never had this happen in my own training flights with AUTO drops with dumb bombs.  Weird.

On 6/28/2021 at 12:45 PM, pieroboy99 said:

I've just finished this wonderful mini camapign, ultra immersive, as always with your products @baltic_dragon, you're the king, by far.

Can't wait for a second part after this PROLOGUE, and i would pay a great  price, knowing the extreme quality of your work !

Same!!!  Just completed the 5 mission Prologue, and I was blown away, particularly by missions 4 and 5.  I think this is my first BalticDragon campaign, and now I understand why I hear such great things about his work.  Makes me want to pick up the Mirage 2000 and learn it just to experience the included campaign :).  

Thanks for the great work in these missions.  #04 was one of the best campaign missions I've ever had in 5 years of flying DCS.  Will definitely pay good money for the full Ottoman Courier campaign if BD completes it in the future.  

• Like 1

On 3/21/2022 at 3:59 PM, Istari6 said:

Makes me want to pick up the Mirage 2000 and learn it just to experience the included campaign :).  

You won't regret that. Great plane and 2.5 Baltic Dragon campaigns (1.5 come with the aircraft, 1 sold separately)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2022 at 6:59 AM, Istari6 said:

Just completed the 5 mission Prologue, and I was blown away, particularly by missions 4 and 5.  

Having started mission 5 some triggers for the dialogue are apparently starting early. Any hint how to complete it?

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5

I wrote this in another thread.  Hopefully loading this file will help.

"BD, 

Just completed Ottoman Courier (Prologue) and outstanding work!  Can't wait for the full campaign and I'll be there with the "take my money" meme in my posts.  

However, I did have a problem with M05 here in March 2022 using the stock Ottoman Courier campaign.  The call to go to Batumi Tower and hit Space comes up, but then almost immediately we get a call to switch to Proud Eagle and hit Space.  I had to restart this three times before I gave up and went searching in the forums.  I found a thread from last year where you posted an updated file.  I downloaded that and it worked to complete the campaign, but it was clearly missing some elements (no Hinds flying past, much less sense of urgency).

Sounds like this mission keep breaking with recent releases and I'm sure that's a PITA.  But hopefully this feedback can help you tweak it again for newbies hitting Ottoman Courier for the first time.  Its a great experience, shame to have a hiccup on the finale. "

Edited by Istari6
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Istari6 said:

I wrote this in another thread.  Hopefully loading this file will help.

"BD, 

Just completed Ottoman Courier (Prologue) and outstanding work!  Can't wait for the full campaign and I'll be there with the "take my money" meme in my posts.  

However, I did have a problem with M05 here in March 2022 using the stock Ottoman Courier campaign.  The call to go to Batumi Tower and hit Space comes up, but then almost immediately we get a call to switch to Proud Eagle and hit Space.  I had to restart this three times before I gave up and went searching in the forums.  I found a thread from last year where you posted an updated file.  I downloaded that and it worked to complete the campaign, but it was clearly missing some elements (no Hinds flying past, much less sense of urgency).

Sounds like this mission keep breaking with recent releases and I'm sure that's a PITA.  But hopefully this feedback can help you tweak it again for newbies hitting Ottoman Courier for the first time.  Its a great experience, shame to have a hiccup on the finale. "

Could you perhaps include the link to the file in this post to save people searching for it?

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

1 hour ago, zildac said:

Could you perhaps include the link to the file in this post to save people searching for it?

This one, I guess, but I haven't tried it yet with the latest open beta.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/253277-ottoman-courier-prologue-campaign-now-out/?do=findComment&comment=4573393

Edited by blaster182
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/2/2022 at 12:26 PM, The M said:

I have an issue in mission 2. My wingman doesn't startup and there is no pilot in the plane. I tried to complete the mission anyway but I'm stuck at the range.

did you go to the correct radio freqs and do a check in with him? 

Come fly with us : https://discord.gg/tawdcs  TAW CJTF 13 - EU TZ MilSim Squadron

Ryzen 5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3733| ASUS Radeon RX 6700 XT  | ASrock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | HP Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle , F16 & F18 grips , TFRP Rudders |  Win 10