Anyone have luck getting an RX 6800/6800XT today?

My experience (trying online via multiple sites) was the same as with the NVIDIA launch -- the cards appeared on pages and were immediately out of stock. I considered lining up at the local Micro Center, but as of last night there were more than 20 people camping out already, so that seemed like a waste of time.

Not that any of this is a surprise, but I'm just curious if anyone actually succeeded in getting one of these AMD cards this morning.

I tried on Amazon us, uk, de and fr and other website (materiel.net, alternate.be,...) , even amd.com between 15.00 cet and 16.30 cet but no luck for me. I found one site where it was referenced but not available... For 999€ for a rx 6800xt ????.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

I actually got a 6800 in my cart on the AMD website (though I wanted the 6800XT), but it wouldn't let me proceed to checkout. B&H Photo posted a page about 15 minutes before the launch saying they had no stock and didn't know when they would get it. I'm assuming the 6900XT launch on 8 December will go the same way, or worse. My only slim ray of hope is that the majority of the chipsets went to board partners, who will release their own variants in a couple weeks. So, ya know, maybe we'll have a 1% chance of getting one, instead of today's unicorn chase.

I doubt there were more than 100 cards in the whole of Europe nowinstock isn't even tracking Radeon 6000 series over here and like 5 outlets in the whole of the US....Total paper launch, why bother, just delay the launch better than pi**ing off your entire potential customer base. Instead, they decided to do an Nvidia.

I’ve seen zero post on Reddit about a successful purchase, this seems worse than NIVDIA’s launch.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

The launch was bad, I'd say as bad as the rtx 3080 launch. But 2 friends got lucky in Germany and scored a 6800 and 6800xt.

So there where some cards...but they said they would have a better launch.

​​​​

FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | SA342  R5 5600X | 32GB | RX 6800XT | TM Cougar | T-Rudder mk.IV | HP Reverb G2

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle USB standalone MOD

Meaning ain't got no money to get one

Ah, I thought you had emptied your wallet shelling out for one. I hear you... I'm still riding my GTX 1080, so I figured I've gotten my money's worth out of that one and it was time to pony up for the new generation. Starting to look like that won't even be possible until maybe Q1 2020 though. Guess I'll have to put the money toward lame stuff like food and gas...

Yeah, I have a 1080ti. Skipped the 2000 series and was planning on getting a 3080 or something, but after seeing my brother's 3600x/5700xt combo and seeing the very solid figures for the 5000/6000 combos coming out, I'm planning on building a Red Team rig in the spring.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

i didnt think i had, ended up pre ordering it then got an email saying itl be delivered tomorow!!! surprised doesnt really cover it!

Nice! I haven't even seen anyplace taking pre-orders.

I saw a video on YouTube from a guy who camped out at his local Micro Center. There were about 60 people in line I think, and it turned out the store had two 6800XT cards. I heard yesterday that about 2/3 of the chipsets went to board partners, so hopefully availability of the non-reference boards on the 25th will be marginally better.

got it today, in dogfight mission i was locked at 60 fps with 2080ti, im gettign 20 fps with the 6800xt overclocked to 2600mhz lol. me thinks theres a software issue i need to sort out

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

hmmm when it clocked properly i got a nice fps increase (in a VERY heavy loaded server i was getting 20fps in a specific place im now getting 30) and in dogfight mission the fps is the same (locked at 60) but its deffinately smoother, possibly a frame time improvement.

sometimes it doesnt boost the clocks though and sits at 500 ish mhz so the fps is crap

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

Have you tried without OC? I think Gamer Nexus did some tests and sometimes with higher clocks it was actaully slower.

- Link should now work

He shows different OC Setting with diffenrent results...realy good video.

FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | SA342  R5 5600X | 32GB | RX 6800XT | TM Cougar | T-Rudder mk.IV | HP Reverb G2

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle USB standalone MOD

I saw another video (GamerMeld or something?) where the guy talked about the same problem. He adjusted the minimum clock speed higher to set it just below the maximum to keep it from going to that idle state at the wrong times, though even then I think he said it would do it anyway sometimes. Bottom line, he overclocked to something crazy like 2750 Mhz, and only saw actual in-game improvement of a few percent. Not sure how he benchmarked though.