HUD navflir too bright

edineygomes

Is it working properly? When activated, it is only at the bottom of the HUD and it is very bright, even changing the brightness and contrast on the panel below the hud, I cannot see anything.

Try changing the polarity of the FLIR with SSS right.

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

I know. It is a PITA trying to get the correct balance. Still working on it.

Work with the HUD brightness and the VIDEO brightness. HUD brightness only actuates on the stroke symbology. Video only actuates on the video.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Where is the video brightness knob? Thank you

The knobs are on the HUD control panel, between the HUD mode and Altimeter mode switches. From left to right: BRT and CONST

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Hi all

I'm experiencing some issue with the navflir on the hud too:

1) The image is cut in half: Only the lower half of the hud is actually displaying flir image. A month ago it was a full picture ( I have a photo of that ). Tried to move the point of view and to move the whole plane ... but the part displayed is still only the bottom half, while in the right MPCD there's the full picture.

2) The image itself is either too bright ( blackhot ) or too dark ( withehot ) on the hud, and, on the ground, no terrain features are recognizable ... only major shapes of mountains are.

On the other hand, sea and air are pretty good.

Again, on the right MPCD there's a mutch better picture ...

I've tried with contrast , but with no luck.

At this point, I think that there's a defect in the last patch ( at least, for the point 1 )

Ok, here are some quick snapshots.

The HUD video contrast seems to be working only in a VERY limited range, around the position indicated in the picture "Harrier 04 ". And anyway changing it does not help very mutch.

As you can see, the image is only in the lower half, and the resolution is almost zero.

As it is, the Navflir on the HUD is not usable, unless you're on the sea, where, for some reasons, it's working fine ( albeit, still only for the lower half of the HUD ).

Found on Open Beta 2.5.6.57959 ( the last one as of 19 November 2020 ).

Pictures are from Nevada, but the same issue is found in gulf and in caucasus maps

UPDATE:

Another user was posting a picture of Open Beta 2.5.6.57530 , and it was looking fine, so I guess there's something with this release.

Anyway, very nice plane guys, keep up the good work ( and fix the defects :P )

1239455034_Harrier01.thumb.png.299f9af182605e4dd0d49a0aa0afe795.png

1592723472_Harrier02.thumb.png.554223481fc4b7c7144e2ef85e308c17.png

1842963562_Harrier03.thumb.png.4757735e6322d8c708270afb2a9e14ba.png

2131468653_Harrier04.thumb.png.746e09e73f4414e3bd61b0d11562b8a9.png