Main site constantly down/slow to load; downloads frequently fail

Nealius

This has been ongoing for years and this isn't the first time I've complained about it. The main site and User Files are frequently failing to load (happened twice today alone), even when it works it is often incredibly slow. Downloading 150mb liveries from the user files takes 30-60 minutes, and I am currently getting a "Failed - Network error" on some despite my internet connection being fine with 100mbps down and 100mbps up. All other sites load instantly and 150mb files from other sites download in about 10 seconds or less. There is something wrong with whatever servers host the main DCS website and User Files. This happens with both Chrome and Edge.

Just about to ask the same thing. Last few updates I have seen great download speeds of a steady 100Mbps which is the max my NBN connection will go. Today I updated and it crawled along, lucky to get over 2Mbps. Is there an issue with the servers or did you sell the new one you obviously have been using? :)

Edited by RAF_JAGUAR
Spelling.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

Update, installed a module and things are slightly better. Getting 60 - 70 Mbps and as low as 40 Mbps, but it is all over the shop no steadiness at all.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

I am seeing the same issues with update and module download speeds. Maxed at 4.6mb/s then drop to nothing the back up. I sent in a ticket and got the old familiar response of " It is not our issue, it is you ISP" I am so sick of this crap response. I spoke to my ISP and it was elevated to upper level support. They said they do nothing to cap or slow speeds based on where you are trying to download a file from. They said if it is slow to that particular server then it is in fact on their end where the issue lays. I know a few other people scattered around the US that all have different ISPs and they are seeing the same issue since this last patch. A few weeks ago I updated and the speeds were above 50mb/s so please explain how the issue is with my ISP? What they suddenly said NOPE, NO MORE?

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.