Pls be very honest

Dear All Friends

At the moment I am flying with Lock On with patched version without any problem.

I'm planning to buy Addon " Flaming Cliffs "

Pls honestly info me, with this addon will I hv better combat sim, better performance and less troubles Or Vice versa ??

All my best

Hasan

FC is worth every penny. Online play is a big plus and you have another plane to fly. I believe all the planes' FMs have been tweaked a bit, the '25 and '25T have advanced flight models, missile behavior has been changed, and the are more mission editor static objects...

... among MANY other improvements too lengthy to list here.

Aero out

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

It is worth buying. Simple milestone since oryginal 1.02. Much more stabile, even is little faster and new aircraft with AFM. Simple u have to have it :D

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

FC has its problems but its overall better game. For online gaming FC is mandatory.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Thanks That is fine / Confused where & which version to buy

Thanks yr kind advise

Decided to buy from www.lockon.co.uk

At " Down Load section " many versions are sold ; i.e ;

Lock On 1.1b FC --- USD 14,95

Patch 1.12 b for Lock On 1.1 Free , etc .. etc..

I am confused very much !!

1- I think, First , I hv to buy Flaming Cliff AddOn original entering 1.1 Version , Am I right ? , But I couldn't find where can I buy ?

2- Secondly; which patches or versions ( Free or Paid ) I hv to download in squence ?

I appreciate fyr kind help , which speed up my order and enjoy yr advise ..

All my best/ Hasan

A2A combat is much less frustrating in 1.02. Added errors in missile modelling, specifically lack of chaff rejection, can make what are very high PK shots miss repeatedly. On the other hand, the FM of the Su-25T is probably the best flight model in the history of flight sims. As far as stability, FC is a step up from 1.02.

You moight want to run both the 1.02 and 1.12 FC versions on your machine

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Thanks yr kind advise

Decided to buy from www.lockon.co.uk

At " Down Load section " many versions are sold ; i.e ;

Lock On 1.1b FC --- USD 14,95

Patch 1.12 b for Lock On 1.1 Free , etc .. etc..

I am confused very much !!

1- I think, First , I hv to buy Flaming Cliff AddOn original entering 1.1 Version , Am I right ? , But I couldn't find where can I buy ?

2- Secondly; which patches or versions ( Free or Paid ) I hv to download in squence ?

I appreciate fyr kind help , which speed up my order and enjoy yr advise ..

All my best/ Hasan

If You own english version of LOMAC already You need to download Flaming Cliffs addon (as You write - 14.95$) and 1.12b patch (for free) and season pack (for free). That's it. http://www.lockon.co.uk/ is correct source or You can order CD-box version (also needs LOMAC base) from here. There are russian stand-alone CD-box versions available somewhere.

Dear Poko24

I hv original CD LOCK-ON V.1.00

As you say AddOn FC 1.1b ( USD 14,95 ) will do the job ?

Because I still wonder I am missing FC 1.1 , am I right ?

Or Never such version been available , since the FC come to the market ..

pls give all helpfull furnishing info

all my best

hasan

Hope this clears up any confusing

We know you have the original Lock On, which is 1.00

(you don't need to install any patch after that when you purchase FC)

FC is version 1.1

You have two choices

1.) get the download version

2.) or the cd version (personally I prefer the cd version because I didn't want to deal with the activations that came with the download version, I just have to put in the cd once a week- of course, this is up to your preference)

After you get FC, just simply install the latest patch 1.12a (or 1.12b if you are running on vista), and that's it

So recap:

1.00 Original

1.1 Flaming Cliffs

1.12a patch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Since you have 1.02:

1 Get 1.1b (the current version of FC)

2 If you wish to be completely up to date and HL server compatible, download the 1.12b patch.

Make SURE you get the right patch for the version of FC you buy. There is a different patch for the CD version and the download version. This is because StarForce is different on those two versions.

Here's my honest ;) opinion

Flaming Cliffs is surely worth getting as it has many improvements over original Lock On. Reagarding download or CD version I believe it is more convinient getting downloaded version IF you don't do many PC upgrades or frequent OS reinstalls (as some of us do :D). Even if you do OS reinstall there is utility (on ED's website) to save registry keys so you don't need to use new activation key (I've been using this many times and has been good option for me for a few years I have had Flaming Cliffs installed).

If you want to go on the safe side and never ever want to run out of activation keys do get CD version.

After you get Flaming Cliffs (download or CD version) download Seasons Pack and Patch 1.12B and you're set. Once you get familiar with the game you can go to www.lockonfiles.com and get lots of mods that will improve game look in many aspects, some of these mods will improve game performance also.

No longer active in DCS...