Steering Dot cue

-NMS- Ikaros

Yep, it's been bugged for a long while now. At the moment, use your best judgment, that's what I do.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Further more, it is a little frustrating trying to VID a bandit in the TDbox when the jet is small and the steering dot covers the the jet. I end up turning the HUD brightness down to almost nothing so that I can properly see through the symbology to the world out side... or I lean left or right to look around the hud.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Has it been reported? I did a quick search and didn't find a topic with the [REPORTED] prefix.

It's reported, AFAIK

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

• 6 months later...

This function is still broken. I'm adding a track file in the hopes that this may help identify or resolve the bug. 

Pages 350, 352, 359, and 361 of the F/A-18C module's manual all depict the proper presentation of the steering dot/cue; and it is repeatedly defined as follows: In conjunction with the ASE circle, the Steering Dot indicates lead angle steering to the locked target. Fly to place the Steering Dot inside the ASE circle to satisfy lead angle computations. This behavior is clearly not being exhibited in the attached track, and the steering dot remains "affixed" to the targeted contact making no corrections to establish a lead angle for either missile type demonstrated. 

ASE Dot -9M+120B.trk

Edited by Marauder.exe

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Steering Dot cue
  • BIGNEWY locked this topic