R60 for MiG 29, SU25?

The_Tau
Go to solution Solved by Schmidtfire,

+1 mind you, if wiki is any accurate the R-60M and the Project 9.12 MiG-29 Fulcrum A came about in the same year.

Presumably the base R-60 is backwards compatible.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 1 month later...

I think service entry for R-60M was 1982, I would think it would be more exception than norm for a Soviet MiG-29 to go into a mission with them instead of R-73 or R-60M. But it could be more of a thing for export operators early on perhaps.

• Like 1

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Early export manuals clearly list R-60, along R-60MK in the MiG-29 armament, so it would be good if ED add them.

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

• Solution

It won’t happen for a number of reasons. The old R60 is made by third party Magnitude 3 and is not ED’s own missile. They have to take ownership of the missile and bring it into the rest of their inhouse made weapons. Another issue is that the FC3 jets are coded a bit differently, they have to code a different rear aspect only lock-on envelope into the jet just for the old R60. So it is a lot more work than you think for a missile that was phased out in the early 1980s.

14 hours ago, Schmidtfire said:

It won’t happen for a number of reasons. The old R60 is made by third party Magnitude 3 and is not ED’s own missile.

The R-60 (not M) will be made by ED for their Mi-24 Hind (source) and even if it comes from a other dev, ED took controll over all missile development last summer. (source1) (souce2)

Edited by Mike_Romeo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My skins

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2021 at 8:25 AM, Schmidtfire said:

It won’t happen for a number of reasons. The old R60 is made by third party Magnitude 3 and is not ED’s own missile. They have to take ownership of the missile and bring it into the rest of their inhouse made weapons. Another issue is that the FC3 jets are coded a bit differently, they have to code a different rear aspect only lock-on envelope into the jet just for the old R60. So it is a lot more work than you think for a missile that was phased out in the early 1980s.

Thank you for clarification. Considering its FC3 plane than, probably sooner we would see FC4 than any updates to this module...

• 3 months later...

We NEED R60's on mig 29's!!! Because reasons... 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 4 months later...