Iraq Map 1980 - 2011

sadjad-vosoul

Requesting Iraq Map

reason : 3 big scale wars happened and ISIS Crisis

1- Iraq-Iran War 1980-1988 (8years)

2- Iraq-Kuwait [uSA-UK-France-Egypt-Saudi] Gulf War (Desert Storm) 1990-1991 (6 Months)

3-Iraq-USA [NATO] 2003-2011 (8years)

4-ISIS war 1783822041_IraqMap.jpg.aed5f734d49cc3c47699203c6557b2e5.jpg

77046419_IraqMap.jpg.4fb67eb628d9fac53bf94cd836a761d3.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

icon modules dcs small.png

My Liveries : Download Here       IIF Project : Click here       My Discord : Isaac#5625       Iranian DCS Community Discord Channel : Click Here
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Gear :

CPU: i5 7500 @ 3.8GHz | Mainboard: ASUS STRIX H270F Gaming | Ram: 32gig 2400 | GPU: ASUS DUAL GTX 1060 6G OC | Monitor: ASUS VG278HE 27" 144Hrz | Headtracker: Open Track + DIY Clips | HOTAS : T.16000M | Mouse & Keyboard: ROG IMPACT II & Cooler Master Devastator 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WISH LIST Maps : Iraq and West of IRAN  | Vietnam 

+1

Map can also merge to PG and Syria Map for clients how have one of them

That would be AWESOME if it's technically possible.

However, PG really lacks many important places, and this extension is really crucial. For example, Busheher Airport/Airbase which has been the main home of tomcats in Iran-Iraq war is not modeled now in PG. As well as large Kharg island which was one of the most "oil-wise" strategic battle areas in PG during the war.

And another thing that really pisses me off in PG is its terrain texture. There are just soil and dirt everywhere with no plant cover at all. Compare it with Syria map. The texture shouldn't be too different.

Best wishes for PG and its extensions :)

• Like 1

Yes I would love it.

But t for desert storm you need bases farther south, so I don't know how they can implement that... maybe some generic bases right at the bottom, but the distance to Kuwait is negligible

Yes you're totally right. (e.gPrince Sultan Air Base even more south to Riyadh)

But I suggest the map wouldn't be like a square or rectangle. Maybe a non-conventional shape will cover the area :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been hoping for an Iraq map for a long time along with Afghanistan. Iraq would certainly make for some very interesting scenarios and timeframes. DCS definitely needs more historical conflict zones. Syria is a step in the right direction, hopefully Iraq will follow.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
In the references it is Persian Gulf, back to the map in 200BC until now! you call it wrongly and you dont need to copy/paste your comments everywhere !
I'm pretty sure you misunderstood. I believe he meant a "NEW" map, instead of upgrading the PG map, a completely new one was suggested called AG, since the name PG was already taken.
Oh well...

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

There is not such gulf in whole planet earth as Arabian Gulf! it would be fictional
That wasn't the point.
We who don't live there can call it anyway we want to.
https://www.google.com/search?q=arabian+gulf&oq=Arabian+&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j46l2j69i57.2535j0j4&client=ms-android-huawei-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Negative, you need to read more, thats a fake name claimed 45 years ago however its persian gulf since 200BC ! i will not discuss on politics here, there is not such name as arabian gulf;
give you an example, imagine the UK call the Norwegian Sea as British Sea for 40 years from tomorrow! or Russia start calling Gulf of Finland by gulf of Russia ! and 45 years after wikipedia open a page as British Sea or Gulf of Russia! We (People) will respect your history and call it as it was with original name (perhaps not as you call in Norwegian or Finish but for us will remain as it was); I am sure you know wikipedia is not an academic resource/references as anyone can edit and open a page or claim! I hope i could be clear about it

Edited by mani.zaeim
  • Like 1

Negative, you need to read more, thats a fake name claimed 45 years ago however its persian gulf since 200BC ! i will not discuss on politics here, there is not such name as arabian gulf;
give you an example, imagine the UK call the Norwegian Sea as British Sea for 40 years from tomorrow! or Russia start calling Gulf of Finland by gulf of Russia ! and 45 years after wikipedia open a page as British Sea or Gulf of Russia! We (People) will respect your history and call it as it was with original name (perhaps not as you call in Norwegian or Finish but for us will remain as it was); I am sure you know wikipedia is not an academic resource/references as anyone can edit and open a page or claim! I hope i could be clear about it
What's Finland got to do with it? It's not even part of Scandinavia? You call it the Baltic Sea, we call it Østersjøen.
I was just leading you on. I shouldn't have done that. Apologies!
But you missed the point. Read again. It was a suggestion for another map. A complete new map actually. And just to have another name other than Persian Gulf, AG was suggested. Again, re-read, you completely misunderstood the context.
And your right, Wiki is well, you know. It just was the first hit. LOL
Don't be so offended! Haha
Couldn't give a rats ass about "Norwegian Sea". Any other Norwegian would be a question mark anyway.

The engine needs to support a world map with individual region maps able to be used as added.  Until we can support that the conversation about overlaps is a but superfluous.

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png