Kaliphtan

Mouse camera problem (with video)  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Mouse camera problem (with video)

• I have this problem
    • I don't have this problem
    • Using trackir, too rich for u

Hello fellow pilots,

I'm playing open beta, and I have this weird issue with the mouse camera movement, settings in high and low does the same result, tried to mess with settings, didn't fully understand how it works but achieved to do worse. The game was fully reinstalled on a new windows. Installed stable version and 1.5 version, 1.5 did better, but still has it. I don't know if this is done on purpose by the devs.

I have a video to demonstrate the problem :

As you can see, when doing slow camera movement it happens.

I'm open to any fixes, and if you have the same problem please answer the poll just to get an idea.

Cordially

First: it would be good to describe what the actual problem is so i would know what to look at in the video. Now you only mention you have a weird issue (i guess it's the hickup in movement when moving the view around slowly?).

Thought of giving it a try to see if mine was the same but... honestly, i don't even know how to enable mouse view. didn't find how to set it up.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

First: it would be good to describe what the actual problem is so i would know what to look at in the video. Now you only mention you have a weird issue (i guess it's the hickup in movement when moving the view around slowly?).

Thought of giving it a try to see if mine was the same but... honestly, i don't even know how to enable mouse view. didn't find how to set it up.

Hello Lange_666,

It's exactly what you mentioned, the hickup movement from the movement when moving the camera with the mouse, I initially thought that the video was enough, I'm sorry if I didn't made a bigger explanation of the problem.

To enable mouse view, put Mouse X axis in horizontal view and Mouse Y axis to vertical view, (don't forget to save your settings before), if you still have the time to try it out, don't forget to tell me if it happened to you too ;)

Regards

Screen_201120_090453.thumb.png.2da955c3f7f2dad1e577841b322971cc.png

​ITo enable mouse view, put Mouse X axis in horizontal view and Mouse Y axis to vertical view, (don't forget to save your settings before), if you still have the time to try it out, don't forget to tell me if it happened to you too ;)

My mouse is set up the same as your setup (it's default i guess) but then i still don't have the mouse working to move the camera around. So i removed all controllers and TrackIR and kept only keyboard and mouse like your setup (and the mouse setup like in your screenshot) but no joy, the mouse is never moving the camera. So for now i can only move the camera around with the keyboard numpad (there i don't have any hickup, smooth as silk). Then i removed the numpad assignments but even then the mouse would not take over the camera.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

My mouse is set up the same as your setup (it's default i guess) but then i still don't have the mouse working to move the camera around. So i removed all controllers and TrackIR and kept only keyboard and mouse like your setup (and the mouse setup like in your screenshot) but no joy, the mouse is never moving the camera. So for now i can only move the camera around with the keyboard numpad (there i don't have any hickup, smooth as silk). Then i removed the numpad assignments but even then the mouse would not take over the camera.

Wow you are having quite some issues lol, i'll try with keyboard also, I hope a developer could answer so we can get the final answer of why and how.

Haha, you're the one with issues (DCS). I have no need to look around with my mouse. TrackIR or VR is my friend. I use my mouse to click on stuff in the cockpit like everybody else... :smartass:

Haha, you're the one with issues (DCS). I have no need to look around with my mouse. TrackIR or VR is my friend. I use my mouse to click on stuff in the cockpit like everybody else... :smartass:

Yes, but you didn't managed you get the mouse working for the camera, that's what I called an issue, of course I already know that.

@Lange_666 To enable mouse view, simply press LAlt+C.

@Kaliphtan I have no such issue with mouse view (I often use it for my video bug reports). Have you tried lowering the polling frequency of your mouse? I've heard DCS can have trouble with high frequency polling mouse.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

@Lange_666 To enable mouse view, simply press LAlt+C.

@Kaliphtan I have no such issue with mouse view (I often use it for my video bug reports). Have you tried lowering the polling frequency of your mouse? I've heard DCS can have trouble with high frequency polling mouse.

Thank you ! It was the problem, that's why some years ago I played 1.5 without this problem and even now it's was not working properly. Here is the screenshot of my previous frequencies :

The hiccups started at 500mhz and more, it's working like it should at 250/ms and 125/8ms.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","data-tempid":"temp_263165_1605892508636_962"}[/ATTACH]wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

I hope it will be useful for more peoplewAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==