VR Zoom mapping on mouse disabled in open beta 2.5.6

HoMeBoY

Since I switch to the open beta 2.5.6 on Steam, in the controllers setup ->UI Layer-> VR Zoom the option to map the zoom to a mouse button has disappeared. Is it a bug or design decision? For me it's very useful to zoom into the cockpit and check small switches or to zoom outside as I use both VR and mouse

Just checked what could cause this. In DCS World OpenBeta\Config\Input\UiLayer there's a folder mouse with a default.lua in it, which, basically, is empty:

return {
keyCommands = {
},
axisCommands = {
},
}

Checked backups of older versions (one from April and one from December) and the whole mouse folder simply didn't exist there, the file is dated September in my current build.

Suggestion so you have it fixed on your end while waiting for ED: Either remove that mouse folder or copy the default.lua from keyboard over to mouse, which makes it possible to map the same things that you can map on keyboard. Each update will revert this though, so you could make this a JSMGE/OvGME mod.

To make it with removing the file in JSGME, just create a mod that has the folder structure Config\Input\UiLayer\mouse, add an empty text file in there and rename it to default.lua-remove. Alternatively, copy the file from the keyboard folder in there. Dunno how that works for OvGME though, but probably it's the same, except for maybe rhe removal of files.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg