maverick PREPLANED MODE

joojoo

Hey to all, I made some tries in the last couple of days with the TGP and the Mavericks D G versions. While I try the PRE mode coupled with the AUTO function in the TGP, when I try TMS UP in order to lock the target, maverick begins to handoff from S then turns to 1 and back to T again without never turn to C. Of course I try that inside 8 nm.

Any idea?

Screen_201119_230507.thumb.png.e52d767967fb13195b6ab0ca3be04dcc.png

Screen_201119_230512.thumb.png.9f9927d8b4ea2a7fa6e8899981622e2a.png

Screen_201119_230516.thumb.png.8a4ed97527292c59e5aa50a607ae323a.png

Make sure that boresight alignment procedure is completed prior to attempting automated handoff. The fact that TGP and missile seeker are not looking in the same direction is an indication of alignment not satisfactory. Also missile can only track at a limited range relative to TGP performance. When in doubt use non-handoff method of tracking missile until it can be determined the ranges which will track. It looks like boresight alignment procedure was not done by these pictures.

• Like 1

For each Mav pylon do the following:

Put Mav into PRE on the WPN page

Make TGP SOI

Put cursor over target on TGP and hit TMS fwd for point track.

The target should have good contrast against the background and preferably be a solo target for ease of locking with the Mav.

This should slew the Mav seeker towards target BUT it will not align correctly

Make WPN page SOI

Slew cursor to same target as TGP and hit TMS fwd

At this point you should be able to boresight the pylon with the BSGT OSB on the upper left of the WPN MFD.

Once complete the Mav(s) on that pylon will align correctly with the TGP

You will need to repeat this with the other Mav pylon.

If using MAV H's make sure it is not in Area mode to enable the boresight to occur.

If possible do this before getting into the target area as it will take a little bit of time to do for both pylons.

• 1 month later...

I was testing this last night and found the second missile has trouble moving to the SPI. First missile has successful handoff no problem and locks and fires. Second missile doesn't move to the location of the TGP and doesn't handoff with TMS up. On the TGP page, if I TMS down then TMS up on the new target, the Maverick will slew itself right over and attempt to lock.

Virpil WarBRD | Thrustmaster Hornet Grip | Foxx Mount | Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle | Logitech G Throttle Quadrant | VKB T-Rudder IV | TrackIR 5

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | 32GB DDR4 3200 | SSD

4 hours ago, kengou said:

I was testing this last night and found the second missile has trouble moving to the SPI. First missile has successful handoff no problem and locks and fires. Second missile doesn't move to the location of the TGP and doesn't handoff with TMS up. On the TGP page, if I TMS down then TMS up on the new target, the Maverick will slew itself right over and attempt to lock.

Hi,

If you have done proper boresight and TGP is in AUTO hand-off mode, when you fire the first handed-off maverick, the second maverick should be on the same TGP selected target. You should use TMS-right to lock on the second maverick to the same target.

Best regards,

falconbr

Edited by falconbr