For those who missed this on DCS (because its a helicopter forum)

No MiG-29S? :cry: :cry:

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

No MiG-29S? :cry: :cry:

I was thinking the same thing :( oh well Im excited to fly the 29 in general :) Once all the planes/helis are out, it will be a very fun sim to play (even before they are all out im sure it will be fun).

yes but whats different is that now its a formalized plan for DCS, before it was just a hypothesis for some future SIM project. Theres a difference between Tank killers and the F-16 SIM and the DCS module of F-16 since it reduces the ammount of time because you dont have to wait for one SIm project to be abandoned in order to start the next.

I fail to see any real meaning behind your words.

more interestigly, I point this out:

the following aircraft are also now planned for DCS in development at one stage or another:

5- F-15C

For all of these aircraft, we now have all the needed data to model them properly to DCS standards

ED is invited to announce how it has come to understand what is necessary to model the AIM-120 to a high fidelity standard. Or will the planes be high fidelity and the ordnance be a best guess?

everything in the SIM will be missing something. You can only hope that it will be a good aproximations, but it would be a mistake to try fight in a real Eagle after learning from DCS. :)

The AMRAAM will be missing filters and algoritms,TTA will be off by a couple miles etc etc what did you expect from a piece of hardware that is still classified?

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I was thinking the same thing :( oh well Im excited to fly the 29 in general :) Once all the planes/helis are out, it will be a very fun sim to play (even before they are all out im sure it will be fun).

Since DCS will aim at high fidelity and that russian migs never actualy carried R-77's for real, the few things that will distinguish the A from C will be fuel capacity and onboard ECM suite.

My PC specs below:

Optimum engaging range for mig online is 25km. Any further the radar will drop the lock easely. Either migs wont take full advantage of the R-27ER anyway. I dont expect DCS mig to be very different from this perfomance. As for the ET, it will be only usefull at much shorter ranges than the one in LOMAC. The seeker will be the limiting factor. Clouds and throttle setting will hamper its use BVR.

• Like 1

My PC specs below:

One other thing!

To avoid naggings like "Oh, DCS:F-16 is very poor or worse than real jet as I'm having a hard time in BVR with MiG-31" I suggest ED to engage a partners from Forth Worth for creating and integration of this plane into DCS.

Russian team to build Russian planes + US/EU team for USFOR/EU planes = everybody's happy and no place for DCS:whining threads!

Edit: I have no intention to ridicule anyone here, I said F-16 without intention of laughting at it or laughing at any of it's fans and flyers! Same thing applies to RusFor fans!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I cant wait on till we can test the new environment, I bet it will be pain in arse for Su-27 against f-16/F-15 on till u learn how to fight it. Su-27 is not like Mig-29s,F-16/F-15 u need to work for a kill, And im so sad that there is no SM coming along specially if there is no Mig-29S its like fighting in 80s.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Actually the SU-27 vs. F-16 shouldn't be too too bad.

As for the MiG-29S, very few of those had adder capability IIRC ;)

And even then, they'd suffer from inferior range and radar capability compared to their opponents. If AMRAAM-equipped F-16C's don't like fighting F-15C's, MiG-29S' should like it even less.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

What I hope about the DCS MiG-29A is that it will occupy it's place as the most notorious dogfighter from that list. No other planes matches it's turn rate.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

The cool thing about having a MiG-29A is that its like having your own little piece of history. Go to airliners.net and do a search for MiG-29 pictures. Chances are, its an A model. If your airforce has Fulcrums, they're probably A, albeit with possible NATO-friendly modifications.

There's something cool about having a sim represent the average rather than the rare exception.

people u cant fight F-16 or F-15 in a Mig-29A or Mig-21 :) what we need is Mig-29S and Su-27SM to have a chance off victory against western machines ,The only way U can fight them in Mig-29A/21 is by having GSI,AWAC or EWR, whit out it u will never see them befor get splashed.

nostalgia will not help that much when u are up against those robots.

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

I mostly see myself doing gunzo in the MiG. We'll see about the robots then :D

• Like 1

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

The MiG-29A just needs to fight its way close, where it can do better. You can do that by either setting up an Ambush CAP, or having superior numbers and trying to sneak someone in while the rest fight 'head on' ... you'd have to accept some losses there probably.

Key is, once the fight gets WVR, the F-15's BVR superiority becomes effectively nullified.

I agree with Mig-29S comments. Mig-29A will just be too weak to hold up against F-16 and F-15s. Plus, we gotta have a detailed R-77 model in LO :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

No, you need 29S to fight against AIM-120. You'd have no trouble with the F-16 it self.

The way it will hapen about the Mig VS the falcon will be the same with current Su-27 VS the eagle. fire, and run, and then lots of complaints its not fair. The mig will have to be flown up close and personal to have a chance...or a much better pilot. :)

My PC specs below:

What's the problem you refer to specifically? I'm aware of a few things at least in the F-15's FM, but not sure about the MiG.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]