For those who missed this on DCS (because its a helicopter forum)

The way it will hapen about the Mig VS the falcon will be the same with current Su-27 VS the eagle. fire, and run, and then lots of complaints its not fair. The mig will have to be flown up close and personal to have a chance...or a much better pilot. :)

Pretty much like RL engegements, isn't it?! No need in entering WVR with AMRAAMs hanging useless creating drag and compromising your turn rate and radius! U better shoot 'em while you can, in modern day combat entering a dogfight is a proof of bad BVR tactic!

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would also make the case that an opponent with worse jets but numerical superiority you could stack the jets in altitude, and some -will- sneak through un-engaged. Eg. take 8 MiGs v. 2 F-15's, which in the cold-war was probably not an entirely unlikely situation. With AMRAAMs, you can barely attack them all, and probably you'll miss some if they are dispersed widely enough in altitude and azimuth. You can try to do a grinder, but you're still in trouble. With closures as big as 900kts, we're looking at 15nm closed between the fighters every 60sec. I don't think AMRAAM shots would necessarily be taken much past 25nm, so you have basically some 60 sec before the MiGs can let loose with their 27R's, and about 75-80 sec before it becomes some sort of archer-fest.

This of course assumes a straight-on aproach.

The AESA equipped F-15's wouldn't have quite as much trouble with this on the other hand, just to show what sort of things radar advancement leads to.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I wander what version of the F-16 we will get. So many countries got them, so many variables. We may end up with the first version of the F-16C (blk 25) withouts even AMRAAM capability only AIM-9. IIRC the F-16 acquired AMRAAM capability in the mid 90s.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Well, where to start... Sustained turn rate, easy AOA overlimit, low speed behaviour like a MiG-21 (flying the MiG in LO at 500 km/h IAS is similar to the Flanker at 350). The 29 should have great handling under 500 km/h. The only thing that I find correct is the linear acceleration and rate of climb, the turning abilites are quiet castrated. Basicly in LO the only chance you might have with the MiG is to go energy while it's supposed to be pretty good in angles.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

What's the problem you refer to specifically? I'm aware of a few things at least in the F-15's FM, but not sure about the MiG.

Well, we all know that current MiG-29's FM in LOFC is accelerating to fast, best 1/4 mile racer in LOFC! Some consider it's an advantage but everyone who tried dogfighting in MiG-29 in LOFC will surely say it's not. Trouble is it's always gaining too much speed to maintain and remain inside cornering velocity. RL MiG-29's have optimal CV in the neighbourhood of 750 km/h (380 kts) at sea level but in LO this happens at 600 km/h. With modelled thrust w/reheat LO's MiG will hardly keep speed below 700 km/h without the need for flaps and/or airbrake so U get my point!

RL MiG-29 (9-12) will turn full 360° within 14 seconds (cca 26°/sec). (This result is a combination of instant and sustained turn rate). In LO it takes 17 secs. I tired this for a 1000+ times with different speed and alt, checking results in Tacview! My best was 17 something secs for a full circle!

The other thing is if you maintain positive G pitch inputs along sustained roll inputs your turn rate will go awful in LO's MiG!

Just try it!

Firewall your throttle and try doing some barrel rolls, you'll feel like flying a Cargo plane!

Edit:

On the other hand flying a MiG-29 in LO below 230km/h during final is a suicide! No lift at all! Some russian pilots claim landing below 200km/h!

Edit2:

I had a Youtube video if MiG-29 in Farnborough. After a display, pilot made pretty short final, turning into the runway over the trashold leveling out 5-6 meters above the ground and landing safely! Speed during this final turn with gear down was below 250 km/h but if you try this in LO you'd crash! Oh yes, dirty plane (gear down) doesn't create enough drag!

I'll try posting a link to this video as soon as I find it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh, the roll thing is the same for all planes I think, to some degree? I've had a lot of trouble unlearning to put in lateral g's.

And yeah, I can see where they problems are now that you talk about it. Also MIL is overpowered for the MiG IIRC, at least at high altitude. I'll try to remember to ping Yo-Yo on this, and if there is a 1.13 patch there is a possibility this will be corrected :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

On Fulcrums vs. Eagle, I wonder how effective it will be to stick really close together -- the "anti-Western" technique I've read about. The idea is to remain so close together that you cannot be sorted properly; you're just one big blip. An expanded submode in TWS could nullify this pretty well though, I wouldn't put that past the Eagle or the Falcon. I don't know how realistic it really is since Falcon 4.0 is the only place I've see it portrayed (where its very effective).

I don't think the F-15 uses an expanded mode any more, but I could be wrong. The new radars have very good breakout at 20nm, IIRC, and besides, do you really want to gamble on which part of the big blip is gonna take the missile in the face? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wander what version of the F-16 we will get. So many countries got them, so many variables. We may end up with the first version of the F-16C (blk 25) withouts even AMRAAM capability only AIM-9. IIRC the F-16 acquired AMRAAM capability in the mid 90s.

I believe ED said they were aiming at block 50 many months ago, this is the most common standard today. Vast majority of F-16 users has got at least a batch of planes with similar standards (cockpit and pilot interface), the differences lie in angines and radar range mainly (among other custumer specific features). This is because all planes from block 10 and up have been upgraded so (I dont need to tell you this MVSGAS but others will read this also so...).

Only Pakistan, Jordan, Indonesia and Egypt keep all their planes at their original condition (block 15-40).

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I believe ED said they were aiming at block 50 many months ago, this is the most common standard today. Vast majority of F-16 users has got at least a batch of planes with similar standards (cockpit and pilot interface), the differences lie in angines and radar range mainly (among other custumer specific features). This is because all planes from block 10 and up have been upgraded so (I dont need to tell you this MVSGAS but others will read this also so...).

Only Pakistan, Jordan, Indonesia and Egypt keep all their planes at their original condition (block 15-40).

I hope its a CCIP model.

Continuously Computed Impact Point? :huh:

My PC specs below:

I could barely believe my eyes, specialy if this has been arround for a few days and I missed it (as did others Im sure) because it was announced on a forum that deals mainly with the black shark and other helicopters.

This has got my interest for black shark going again. :)

Got a couple of years of wayting though (at the very least). I can barely wait...

You mean they will add Su-27 and F-15 back in the DCS. That is a great news. But you did not metion anything about Su-33 and MiG-29S. Does that mean they are not gona be in the game?

A-10C is gona be in. Wow! My friends are going to be crazy about it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Continuously Computed Impact Point? :huh:

http://www.f-16.net/news_article158.html

Common Configuration Implementation Program pronounce "C sip"

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

No, the new cockpits will be "6DOF", 6 degrees of freedom. That means you can move your head anywhere you want (you can move your view around just like you can now, but you can also move your head around in cockpit). Just see some BS videos. And moving your head closer to the screen will not zoom, it will just move your head closer to the cockpit :)

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

You mean they will add Su-27 and F-15 back in the DCS. That is a great news. But you did not metion anything about Su-33 and MiG-29S. Does that mean they are not gona be in the game?

A-10C is gona be in. Wow! My friends are going to be crazy about it.

The Su-33 is a different aircraft from the Su-27. The 27P and S have been declassified to an extent, the 33 did not. Since the 33 is not on the list Ill assume these are the reasons why ED is not counting on making a module for it. Mig-29S is not listed, perhaps because there is more information about the A version and because there isnt any mig actualy carrying R-77's. Without it there not much a mig-29S would do that an A couldnt.

If your goverment would be willing to give ED some manuals perhaps we would see J-11's and SD-10's on them. :D

My PC specs below:

Mig-29S is not listed, perhaps because there is more information about the A version and because there isnt any mig actualy carrying R-77's.

In fact there are dozen MiG-29Cs capable of launching R-77 but the key word here is dozen!

Better move for ED would some newer Fulcrum derivative like M,K or MiG-35. It would make a big difference from 9-12 since it's a multirole e.g. A2G precise weapon ready! Of course lack of data is the biggest odd!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In fact there are dozen MiG-29Cs capable of launching R-77 but the key word here is dozen!

IIRC there is 16 active 9-13S in Russian inventory....... exactly the same number as active KA-50's.

"No matter where you go, there you are"

Intel E-8400 "Wolfdale" - Asus Maximus Formula - Swiftech H2O 120

4 Gb G.Skill PC2-8000C5 - EVGA 8800 GTS 512 - Dell 2707WFP

WD Caviar 500Gb - Vista 64

Perhaps, but India pays cash Russian VVS pays peanuts!

Edit:

All airframes awaiting export would be probably leased to VVS in case of a need, but how many are there and how many pilots are trained and ready to fly and fight in new versions?!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Su-33 is a different aircraft from the Su-27. The 27P and S have been declassified to an extent, the 33 did not. Since the 33 is not on the list Ill assume these are the reasons why ED is not counting on making a module for it. Mig-29S is not listed, perhaps because there is more information about the A version and because there isnt any mig actualy carrying R-77's. Without it there not much a mig-29S would do that an A couldnt.

If your goverment would be willing to give ED some manuals perhaps we would see J-11's and SD-10's on them. :D

You should know only J-11B actualy carry PL-12. And it is as high-tech as your Su-27SM. Since Su-27SM is still classified, why do you think PRC is gona give you it's manual.

Beside, the origenal J-11 is just a Chinese made Su-27. No upgrade were made on that. Only last year they changed it's engine. Why can't we just module this one. And they don't even have to module the new engine.

They can just simplely add new country in and add one more skin.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]